The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Don't you think its terrible that we have to keep being a furry a secret?  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Ruffie Tealet

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Gingertom84 is King.
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Familiaris Borealis - The Canadian Esquimaux Husky
  • Coloring: Snow white fur with a blend of Teal & Violet markings.
  • Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11"
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Toned Lean
Why hide it? I'm proud of it and all my best friends know.

^ Click and turn off volume :( (its bad)

Aims to keep Super Happy Horror!- Super Happy!

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic
lol, most people at school know im a furry, even the teachers and random people i don't even know, they don't really care to much there like "mehh, so what??". also i tried kind of not telling my parent's/relatives, they pretend they don't know but im pretty sure they do. and they also don't really seem to mind either.
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
I watched CSI (All three sets) and NCIS, and I hope to never see that episode... Yes I know that they pretty much made fun of us, but I enjoyed the show for the most part.

As for us hiding ourselves is because we can't reveal ourselves without some sort of ridicule for the most part. I can't really reveal myself to anyone around me due to what I do for a living, but I enjoy both "parts" of myself.

well, CSI is a good show, i think it's very much possible to enjoy it. the furry episode was done because of the general media picture of furries who's extreme cases come across as weird to mainstream people, you have to admit it.. heck, even i would give a weird look if i saw someone walking around in a mascot-like costume in a normal everyday walk across the city..

i don't think it's necesarily something that's really looked down upon as much as it is misunderstood because of that same general picture the media has of all furries being really extreme about it.

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
Wel me i hid my fur side for 8 years from my family and friends because i thought they were going to be like "Oh you a pervert on a whole new level stay away" but it was quite the other way around surprisingly... so everyone i hang around knows i'm a fur and they ask me questions here and there, but nothing to personal, but all in all i wish that everyone was a bit more like my friends i live with and my family and everyone here on the forums, then the world would actually be a bit of a better place to live in ^w^
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
Yea alot of people at my school know because one day I just pretty much told everybody that I walked by that I was a furry.  They didn't care in the least bit, which I thought was a bit weird because I live in the country, where everybody will condemn anybody for any reason.  I still haven't told my parents yet, although I think they know because of the freakin browser history I never got around to deleting.  Anyways now I never delete it.

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
It's a shame really.  If everyone who is a furry came out and said it, people would be forced to realize that many great people in the world are members of the fandom, and it would go quite a ways towards dispelling many of the unsettling rumors that have arisen about us.  But people don't do that because, for the time being, those unsettling rumors are still lent credence.

It's a vicious cycle.   :no:

Offline jason

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: kuddle kitteh
  • Coloring: Brown w/white patch on head
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: lean
well maybe it's time we brake the cycle. i think everyone who reads this should go outside and tell some random person that there a furry,and make sure they hear you.

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
I've decided i'm gonna tell my boyfriend i'm one. Wish me luck! :/
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline jason

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: kuddle kitteh
  • Coloring: Brown w/white patch on head
  • Weight: 120
  • Build: lean
i dont think you need it but good luck  :D

Offline Xleena

• Foxy Fox
  • Credits of this avi to my favoraite artist. :3
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioness
  • Height: 5''6'
  • Weight: 60 pounds
  • Build: slim
Haha, i suppose but i've been with him two years :/

thanks anyway!
Wherever the wind blows, you will hear my voice whisper in your ear.

http://comics.thefurryforum.com/xleena/ Check out my webcomic and subscribe! (website made by Tweak!)

Offline RosiWolf

• Dancing Dragon
    • Roslin's Bowl
    • Awards
  • Species: Lycan Wolf
  • Coloring: Color Varies: Brown/White/Black
  • Height: 3'7'' Shoulder
  • Build: Lean and muscular
I'm actually afraid to tell my friends for fear that they'll reject me and I can't tell my parents because I once mentioned to my parents that I thought it would be cool to have a tail and wolf ears and he told me that if I were to ever have such a procedure done, that he and my mom would disown me. I don't know what to do. My friends find it weird that I'm so obsessed with wolves, but they really don't question me. It's made me quiet about what I feel and see, so yes, I do believe that it's unfair that society forces furries to be silent about who they truly are. It makes me sad...  :'(

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 100 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
  • Reference: [link]
well maybe it's time we brake the cycle. i think everyone who reads this should go outside and tell some random person that there a furry,and make sure they hear you.
YEAH!

*runs out front door, finds stranger, gets nervous, runs back inside*

NO!
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Honestly, I was a "furry" and didn't know it. I didn't know it until my mate called me out on it way before we started dating. He made it seem negative, but the funny thing was he was a closet fur. Haha. Well, anyway, I've never really hidden it, but I don't exactly go around claiming the "proud furry title." I claim being a scaled individual when it's pointed out or something.. But my mom and dad are fine with it mostly because they've not been exposed to the negative stereotype. My friends and I make fun of the people who are all OMG FURRY DON'T LET IT TOUCH ME and the people who run around in mascot suits.

Offline Jad'Thor

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Jaddius F.X. Thor
    • Awards
  • Species: Tri-tailed Folf
  • Coloring: Blue, light blue,Black
  • Height: 1.88m
  • Weight: 67Kg
  • Build: athletic

did it the guy at the supermarket was alll like "huh you talkin to me??" and then looked at me strangely :bubbles:
dont click my pet!!!!

i was here FIRSTer...ish!,and will throw cookies at your face at will :3

i dunno how i got him....but i do, and ill always be grateful for him...

Offline Fenrir

• Boisterous Bear
  • Please, call me Asimov.
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black
  • Height: 6 foot
  • Weight: 160
  • Build: Lithe
I waved down a random guy in town today and told him.  The look on his face was comical.  A mix of "Do I know you?" and "What the *** is a furry?"

Oops... pardon my French...   :snicker:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:14:54 PM by Fenrir »