The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Some people really don't understand the concept of a stop sign.  (Read 548 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Okay, so, I had a physical this morning and then I had to go get gas afterwards so I'd be able to get to my chiropractor's appointment that was later. After I got my gas, I decided to go back the way I went from in town instead of going down 201 and then the road I live on, because I wanted to drive a little longer and listen to the radio more. Now, the road that I took has ramps that go on and come off the highway, and with the ones that come off you can turn either right or left and either have a yield sign or a stop sign depending on which way you turn...
So I was driving towards the ramp area and a tractor trailer was waiting to turn to go the opposite direction than me (so they had the yield because they didn't have to cross a lane) and a car was waiting to turn into my lane. There was room & time for the car to come out between me and the dump truck in front of me, so the tractor trailer and the car turned into the lanes they wanted at the same time.......which means that the tractor trailer would block another car's view if it had came up the ramp behind the other car that had just pulled out, so instead of waiting like, a minute at the most, the car that came up behind the other as it was turning decided to just pull out instead of stopping at the stop sign and waiting until they could actually SEE if anyone was coming and I was pretty much RIGHT at the turn out point, so I had to slam on my brakes and swerve to miss them into the "breakdown lane" (and this was also on an overpass, if you couldn't guess already, so it was even more dangerous since I could've ended up going over or crashing into the rail), and he slammed on his brakes as well once I did. Then we were right beside each other with maybe three or four inches between our cars and I stepped on the gas again and headed down the road...and guess what? The freakin' guy didn't have to go far at all from that point to his destination which was like two driveways away from the ramps which was Port City (a car auction place). And I had seen the plastic dealer-type plate on the front in my rearview mirror too. (When I told my dad about this and then said that they turned in there, he was like, "Well that explains it. Those guys aren't good drivers, driving through there on a Thursday is pretty scary. They're all Frenchmen too.".......please take no offense if you're French, I'm part French too.)
Needless to say, I was extremely shaken up and a ways down the road I finally started crying... :th_PyongLlora:

This is why I hate people. >:|

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: Some people really don't understand the concept of a stop sign.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
I know the feeling Vee... I've had a couple of moments similar to that.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
Yeah...why must the good drivers always be punished? heh.
It really seems to be that way though...it's usually the good ones who pay for the bad ones inadequacy and screw-ups (or ALMOST pay for it, in some cases).

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:47:40 PM »
I can't say anything cuz I'm always cutting out in front of somebody at this certain intersection when I'm supposed to yield.  I don't do it on purpose but I just keep forgetting.  I fell bad about it after I do also.  Luckily nothing bad has happened.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 09:33:32 PM »
Yeah, I've had some close calls when driving before too. One time a guy tried to merge ride into the side of my car, when I wasn't even in his blind spot. He just wasn't looking. I had to swerve into the middle turning lane. =\

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 10:16:39 PM »
Mhm. Some people are just extremely ignorant and some believe that they can just move you out of the way.
That kind of stuff is one of the main reasons why at one point I didn't want to learn to drive/drive at all. I got over it though because I wanted to be able to go places without needing to bum a ride, which half of my family does all the time...
I wonder if there's a car magnet or decal that says "I am NOT a taxi!" and "I brake for stop signs"...
lol.

Offline ¿ Jesse Pawman ?

• SILENCE! I BAN YOU!
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 100 Most Online This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 10 Poster
  • purrrrrrr...... here, have a cowlick :3
    • My blog.
    • Awards
  • Species: human
  • Height: six foot one inch
  • Build: round
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 10:40:27 PM »
People who expect me to be driving 90 mph tick me off.  However, people who go 25 down a state highway also tick me off. 

Usually, those 25 mph people are old ladies who can't see over the steering wheel.
MySpace

"when life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have the whole world wonder how you did it."- unknown

I HAVE TO CONSTANTLY REMIND MYSELF I'M A GROWNUP AND IT'S JUST THE INTERNET.