The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I hate when people get rid of my stuff  (Read 554 times)

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
I hate when people get rid of my stuff
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:19:50 PM »
[rant]
So today I was looking around at some books on Amazon.com, and as I was looking for some new things to read, I decided to go through the site and try to find old books that I've read in order to rate them, so that I could get better book recommendations. As I was doing this, I remembered this one book that I read when I was younger that I absolutely loved, read through it several times and everything. But, for the life of me, I couldn't (and still can't) remember the title or author of it. My family and I moved to our current house a few years ago, and we've still had some things packed away in boxes that we never bothered taking out. Our books were in one of these boxes, because we didn't have a bookcase for them for a long while. My mother eventually got a bookcase for them, and took the books out of the box and put them away.

So a little bit ago I went and asked her where my books were, because I wanted to look for that book I couldn't remember the name of. She then told me that when she moved the books to the bookcase, she gave some of them to the library - that she kept her books, and my father's books, but she thought we didn't need some of the "old paperbacks" that were in there - i.e. my books. And apparently she thought it wasn't important for me to tell me or ask about any of this. Even though I had already gotten rid of the books I didn't want anymore before we moved. She said she thought I didn't want them because I hadn't gotten them out of the box since we've been here, yet that didn't stop her from keeping HER books, and I had just never wanted to get them out since we didn't have any other place to put them before.

*sigh*
[/rant]

[advice]
I may as well ask you guys, since one of you might happen to know what the book is called. It was about a drug-sniffing German Shepherd dog, owned by a guy who lived on a houseboat. Near the end of the story, something happens where the dog discovers some bakers had been hiding heroine in their cakes or something. The cover of the book had a German Shepherd on it facing left, standing in some grass with a blue sky. That's all I can remember. I've already tried looking up just the keywords for it on Amazon.
[/advice]

Anyway. I just needed to get that off my chest.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Scyler

Re: I hate when people get rid of my stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »
Hmm, sounds like an interesting book. I might have to find it if anyone can figure out what it is. Sorry I couldn't help out much.

Offline Sareen

• Satan's pet
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • I'm Not Insane, Just Mentally Hilarious.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Your Nightmare >:3
    • Awards
  • Species: Cabbit
  • Coloring: Black, White and Neon Green
  • Height: 5'10''
  • Weight: 121.8 lb
  • Build: Hourglass
  • Currently: Formally Known as Danta
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 08:45:59 PM »
I Know there was a Book about a German Shepard, but The German Shepherd was trained to sniff out bombs, traps, and the enemy, not drugs, also it was set in Vietnam War, and that book was called, Cracker.

But the book your on about sounds kinda like it, though the cover has a German Shepard head close up, with some grass and a redy orange sky on it.
  • Signature art by: Me (Danta)
~ Im The Finger Down Your Spine When The Lights Go Out, Im The Bad Taste You Cant Get Rid Of , Im The Nightmare You'll Never Wake Up from - Me (Danta Bloodrayn) ~
Add Me On Skype: TangoPhynix

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 08:59:49 PM »
The always-awesome Tweak found it for me. It's "Hero" by Walt Morey. Super awesome book. :D

So now I can at least buy it again. Thanks. =3

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.