The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Swine Flu Outbreak!!!  (Read 3433 times)

Offline .: ♥ Kiniia ♥ :.

• Pony and Coffee Lover
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
  • yes yes i would like a coffee pls.
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: White fur and blonde hair with very light cyan
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Weight: 110
  • Build: Slight and weak
  • Currently: thingken of goign fast... ;~;
Re: Swine Flu Outbreak!!!
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2009, 12:11:55 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it too much, just wash your hands after touching someone who looks ill and stay calm, I mean 6 schools in my country have got it and it's spreading...but just keep calm.

(edit: don't know what happened there, mind just went off on one)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 12:14:02 AM by Snowblind »

I hope you will remember me, At least say so to comfort me, You say goodbye so easily, Its now or never, It may seem really pitiful, But life became too beautiful, The pain of love unbearable, It's now or never, Gone Forever.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2009, 01:12:30 AM »
we should all just chill, in NY the only way to tell swien flu from regular flu is a blood test. the news is just blowing this out of porportion a bit. no one in the US has even died yet have they?

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2009, 01:13:52 AM »
there is no death from Swine Flu in the U S for now
but my friend had most of the symptoms, he said if you had it, you were quarantined and the only people who you could see were doctors.

Offline Kid Jojo™

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Top 50 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • .....I miss You.....
    • ....homepage..
    • Awards
  • Species: Silver Wolf/Blue Panda/Dragon
  • Coloring: Blue/ Light Blue /Black /White
  • Height: 4'8"
  • Weight: 72lb.
  • Build: normal kiddie build
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2009, 02:25:55 AM »
...Welp...one of my neighboring schools got closed for a week due to it.......I think  we're next...=_

Offline Kindran Ornitier

• The Resident Vampyre Kitteh
  • Handsome Horse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • =^,-,^= Nyah!
    • Fur Affinity
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Snake/Cat hybrid
  • Coloring: dark grey scales with electric purple veins running through them
  • Height: 8'
  • Weight: 210 lb
  • Build: Athletic and built in the legs
  • Currently: Shy semi-lurker panda er... cat-snake
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2009, 05:00:02 AM »
Apparently scientists are finding that the swine flu is just as weak as the regular flu unless the teachers at my school are just trying to prevent a panic.
RIP Patchy 08/96 - 29/01/10

The Rave Master

Sors imanis et inanis
Translation: Fate monst'rous and empty - One-Winged Angel - Nobuo Uematsu

=^,-,^= Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2009, 06:04:46 AM »
Concerning the N1H1 situation, if someone tells you it is ok to not use proper germ protection, they would be wrong, and if someone tells you to grab your NBC gear and pile into the bomb shelter, they would also be wrong. Don't listen to the careless or overdiligent, instead listen to logic and reason. Listen to the World Health Organization. With their help, and your support, we can all hope for a brighter future.

God Bless the W.H.O., God Bless Humanity.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »
Concerning the N1H1 situation, if someone tells you it is ok to not use proper germ protection, they would be wrong, and if someone tells you to grab your NBC gear and pile into the bomb shelter, they would also be wrong. Don't listen to the careless or overdiligent, instead listen to logic and reason. Listen to the World Health Organization. With their help, and your support, we can all hope for a brighter future.

didn you and scyler leave the thread. due to some one saying this was humans fault?

but i do agree some what with you, i mean, even mr president himself didn't say there was cause for panic only for concern. too much caution or too little is very bad. just have a healthy concern of getting sick, don't stress out untill WHO tell's you to (or your local doc or mr obama)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »
There's really no need to panic about the H1N1 because American health services are more than capable of handleing this. The only reason that Mexico had that many deaths is that they don't really get as many vaccinations. AND schools wer closed here, but they reopened because they ssaid that the threat wasn't so great that we stay out of school.

Offline Kadejtaal

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2009, 01:38:03 AM »

I think that basic hygiene should do the trick, like you said.

Here's a quote I read somewhere, that I found pretty interesting.

''Less than 100 people have the swine flu and everbody's after face masks. Millions of people in the world got AIDS and nobody wants to buy/use condoms.''

Of course, exaggeration's in it, but it does make us think about it. Anyways, either I don't read/watch the news often, but I didn't hear about it for a while... What's new? Deaths or other contaminated areas?