The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The incompetence of my town's health center  (Read 571 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
The incompetence of my town's health center
« on: April 28, 2009, 04:40:23 PM »
Well, you see, I'm on birth control pills. And whenever I have my perscription filled, it's three months worth of pills, and after three fills the perscription has to be renewed.
So anyways, I just had my last pill Saturday so my mom called the pharmacy where I pick up my perscription on Sunday to have it filled but my perscription needed to be renewed again...so they pharmacy faxed the health center to have it renewed and the health center should have seen it on Monday and contacted them back. So I went into the pharmacy on Monday and tried to pick up my perscription but they hadn't been contacted yet, so my mom tried later that day and they still hadn't been contacted yet.
Now today, the health center calls and leaves a message on the answering machine for me to call them, and I called them RIGHT back (maybe a minute later at the most)...and first the woman is like, "We have 17 people in the office right now, can you call back later..." and I'm like, "Ok...but someone just called me trying to get ahold of me..." and then she asked me stuff about the perscription (who perscribed it and whatnot, and apparently my doctor who perscribed it hasn't been there for a year, which doesn't make sense since I had had my perscription renewed at least once before during the past year).
SO now I have to have a stupid physical on this coming Monday at 9:45 am because apparently I haven't had one in a while. So I get to go without pills for a week so I'll pretty much have to start them all over again. IT'S SO IRRITATING! They should've contacted me BEFORE my pills ran out. God, people are such idiots in this town! (At least half the people are anyway, not all.)

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender folf
  • Coloring: lavender folf with white stripe down back
  • Height: 6 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: medium
Re: The incompetence of my town's health center
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »
Okay, Vee, put down the knife...  Okay, good.   :)

It does sound kinda frustrating, but I wouldn't know a whole lot about it since... well, I'm a guy.  But I work in a pharmacy, and the people that work there get pretty P.O'd at the local clinic and hospital quite a bit with these kind of things, so you're not alone.  Just try to stay calm and wait it out.  *Offers Hug*  Good Luck!   :D
Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Mother
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean, what they say....
-"Mother" by Danzig

90% of teens today would have a breakdown if Facebook were to crash.  If you are in the 10% that would be laughing, copy this and paste it to your sig.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 09:53:47 PM »
But...but...the knife is shiny... =[

Heh. Thanks, kayle. (almost called you "Cain", lol)
Luckily, my mom was able to get my perscription yesterday. BUT there are no refills on it, which means that I still have to do the physical anyway.
I'm still ticked, but not as much as before. It doesn't really help that I hate...well, I'll say "EXTREMELY dislike"...all doctors anyway (so that includes eye doctors and dentists). Mainly just because I get too stressed when I'm asked questions and all that stupid junk (or with eye doctors, if I'm having trouble figuring out what the letters are).

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline kayle

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lavender folf
  • Coloring: lavender folf with white stripe down back
  • Height: 6 ft.
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: medium
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
I hate dentists, personally.  I hate having someone's fingers in my mouth...

Eye doctors aren't so bad, 'cause i have good eyes anyway, so I never have to do much.

I hate physicals.  I don't need someone telling me how out of shape I am...   :'(
Mother
Tell your children not to walk my way
Mother
Tell your children not to hear my words
What they mean, what they say....
-"Mother" by Danzig

90% of teens today would have a breakdown if Facebook were to crash.  If you are in the 10% that would be laughing, copy this and paste it to your sig.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 03:05:42 AM »
I'd be kinda peeved too... I had to go to the doctor on Friday... >:P PPHHH...