The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What is Wrong With You Firefox  (Read 967 times)

Offline bigmanrob

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Fit
What is Wrong With You Firefox
« on: April 17, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »
On the Firefox/ Google homepage they keep ads about themselves. Here is something I recently noticed.

"New! Dress up your Firefox with easy-to-change "skins." Try Personas for Firefox today."

Notice the words "dress up" and "Personas" (as in a crappy rip off of Fursonas).

Did I mention the nice picture that came with it?

So now Firefox is taking furry things and making their own crappy rip off of it? I'm greatly shocked and offended by this, how about you guys?

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: What is Wrong With You Firefox
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 05:02:15 PM »
I don't really see how that's offensive in any way.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Lumi

• Velvety Vole
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Lumi <-- Kazu <-- Grimsy
    • Awards
  • Species: Weird Glowing Stoat
  • Coloring: See picture above
  • Height: not too tall
  • Weight: not much
  • Build: agile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 06:20:46 PM »
I don't really see how that's offensive in any way.
I agree with that

Offline bigmanrob

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »
I know that there would be some that think that, but to me I find it stupid more so then offensive. It's just the way they set it up and gave it a corny rip off of fursuiting and fursonas that makes me irritated.  :shcoked:

Offline [D.E.M] zetsumei

• Kuddly Kitten
  • CRAB BATTLE!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 12:47:32 PM »
On the Firefox/ Google homepage they keep ads about themselves. Here is something I recently noticed.

"New! Dress up your Firefox with easy-to-change "skins." Try Personas for Firefox today."

Notice the words "dress up" and "Personas" (as in a crappy rip off of Fursonas).

So now Firefox is taking furry things and making their own crappy rip off of it? I'm greatly shocked and offended by this, how about you guys?
wait.. what?

A) Firefox has been around for a long while
B) the word fursona is DERIVED from persona, meaning persona existed before fursona did
C) what's furry about using animals? not everything with animals in it is furry related you know? the only furry-lifestyle related animals are those made by furries with the intention of being "furry." so no, not even disney figures are "furry", let alone the logo of firefox.
D) what's wrong with "dress up"?

posts like this frustrate me

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 12:59:39 PM »

wait.. what?

A) Firefox has been around for a long while
B) the word fursona is DERIVED from persona, meaning persona existed before fursona did
C) what's furry about using animals? not everything with animals in it is furry related you know? the only furry-lifestyle related animals are those made by furries with the intention of being "furry." so no, not even disney figures are "furry", let alone the logo of firefox.
D) what's wrong with "dress up"?

posts like this frustrate me

i agree with DEM, really, not every one out there is anti furry. people aren't "oh I'm a furry and proud" or "oh i hate furrys, there fur ***, oooo" there are people who don't care and aren't trying to tick people off. they don't care about furries fire fox is just trying to make the ascetics (sp) of the website better.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 03:30:27 PM by WingedZephyr, Reason: Foul language »