The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Blood Ties  (Read 11044 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: Blood Ties
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 03:02:42 AM »
I point to a chair for her to sit on and I sit on my bed as she explains the situation "Something has happened at the Maw...a group retreated...one group...but that means something is going on without us knowing...I want you to take a team I hand-picked and try to push through the Maw...." and my jaw drops...Bloodline leaving the Maw...and she closed my jaw with her hands, trying to continue her report. "Also...I know this might sound like a lie...but Nairobi was found on our borders, in a condition I can't describe...." and that was basically a gut-punch with brass-knuckles...the one fur who gave him a chance at survival...is gone...

"Uh...sure...just let me get my 'bike' and I'll meet the team there...that ok?" I asked...hoping for a nod, and no words of grief, which she surprisingly gives.

I head into the garage, and find my 'bike'....well, more like a two-wheel armored car than a bike, but its more reliable than most personnel transportation at hand...I revved the bike up, and drove off to the Maw...savoring the last moments of peacefulness at the Temple, and preparing to enter a complete war-zone...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 03:08:11 AM by Chrono-Dragon »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2009, 04:24:10 AM »
(Im not the only one searching, I'm just searching alone)

The group from the Maw had been more or less green, untested in tracking situations. This, the CO's thought, could be a good training exercise for them. Since their MG teams had only had to contend with packs of ferals, and the teams were only to serve for about an hour, the Overwatch had considered this a safe bet. And as for the lieutenant...

He was close, and he knew it. He could smell the fur clearly now, the mixed scents of excitement and fear were unmistakable. "This is Lt  Bowman to EC-1 Overwatch. Target located in perimeter area four, reccomend redirecting assets, over.." The goldie released his radio, now speaking directly to the escapee.  "A valiant effort, but I have you cornered. Come out, unless you're trying to get yourself killed." His paw tightened around the grip of his .45 pistol as he drew it from his holster. "I'd rather not have to kill you. Just give up, and we can end this futile chase." He scanned the area with his gun drawn, searching methodically for any sign of the escapee. "I'll find you eventually..."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:26:42 AM by Arke the Light »

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 04:53:30 AM »
Walking alone to confront the CO John asked "What gives? We're the commanding garrison for this camp, and soldiers from the MAW of all places search for the prisoner."
"Well John, I understand your concern, and I was hoping to give this later to you today, but you've been assigned to the Maw, last minute hand selection from the CO there"
"Wait, you.... your serious?" John asked
"Yes, it seems your skills in disposing of Furs could come in quite handy at the Maw"
John saluted and quickly jogged to see Carmack, but when he returned he was nowhere to be seen. Looking around he noticed Furs out and about, but the guards were nowhere to be seen. "HEY GET BACK TO YOUR CELLS ALL OF YOU!"
The Furs turned and looked at him coldly, and part of the crowd parted aside, revealing corpses of the guards, and a few Furs, Carmack among the corpses.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 04:14:58 PM »
Coraline was staring at the corpses from where she sat on her bed. The killing of them had taken place right in front of her eyes and she had just kept humming the whole time as the sound revirberated off of her cell walls.
She saw Shepard a little ways away and listened to him yell. She watched the crowd part and she noticed that Shepard's friend was among the dead.
She looked back at Shepard to see his reaction.
She began to sing...

"See how the shepard herds his sheep,
Leading them here and there.
Keeping them safe and sheltered, he says,
But that's not what the herd thinks.
So they lie in wait and behave as their told,
For the time being, at least.
But you see, the sheep, they knew he would stumble,
He wouldn't pay attention and their chance would come.
They'd trample his resources and then turn to him,
His time would be then and his rule would end.
Leaving him alone and weak.
See how the shepard herds his sheep,
But that's not what the herd thinks.
He'd live, you see, for a while at least,
But he'd never be the same.
More sheep would come until it was over and done.
Then the sheep would roam free,
Going where they pleased, no one to tell them no.
See how the shepard herds his sheep,
But that's not what the herd thinks..."

Throughout her whole song, her pitch-black eyes never moved from their gaze on Shepard.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2009, 04:28:37 PM »
Sweat beading down his neck and chills going down his spine as he realized what the lyrics of the song meant. All John could do was reach for his assault rifle. Putting one hand on the XM-8 he watched as a few members of the crowd slowly walked towards him, pulling weapons out of their sleeves. Then suddenly they stopped moving, as if contemplating how best to kill him. Seconds evolved into minutes, which evolved into years. A deathly silence filled the room as no one moved, scarcely breathing. Shepard took the assault rifle off it's strap to see the crowd running at him. "THIS IS SHEPARD I NEED BACKUP I REPEAT I NEED BACKUP RIOT IN PROGRESS" he yelled desperately over the radio. Firing into the mob Furs fell, but still they kept coming. Running back down the hall, he stopped occasionally to fire back at the mob. "^&*) Need to reload!". Reaching for the extra clip on his waist, a furred hand grabbed the assault rifle from his hands. Reaching for his sidearm and knife he fought back against the mob with all his skill. Stabbing one, shooting another, YES he was getting closer to his XM-8. After killing the Fur who stole his weapon, Shepard ran down the hall standing on some knocked over tables. Reloading his weapon, he stood firing into the approaching masses, the light from the gun reflecting his image throughout the darkness.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 06:12:05 PM by Gabag »

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2009, 04:55:39 PM »
A riot? Now? "Looks like you get off lucky, prisoner... Don't get used to it." At a full sprint he was still at least a few minutes from EC-1. So much for a training mission... He hoped his squad had been searching, because he doubted they would fair well in a riot situation. They weren't carrying much ammo, and there were a lot of prisoners at EC-1. The mud had started to dry, and he reached the perimiter fence sooner than he had expected. He climbed through the same hole the escapee had likely used, and began sweeping the base.

He clicked off his pistols safety, moving slowly through the base. It seemed deserted at first, but he picked up the faint sounds of a scuffle. A scream followed soon after, and a small group of prisoners emerged from behind a building. They had taken the weapons from the guards they had come across, and Arke only just managed to dive behind a supply crate and avoid detection. They're arming themselves... Great...  He headed for the prison complex, sticking to the shadows as the sounds of gunfire echoed. The lieutenant slipped through a side door and dove behind a corner. Footsteps. Gunshots. Getting closer. He snapped around the corner, gun drawn and saw...

A Pureblood. He lowered his weapon quickly.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
Coraline got up from her bed and walked behind the crowd, going back to humming her song as she walked. She pulled a hidden pin from her hair and began picking at a lock as she walked.
The lock she was picking was what kept chains tight around her torso so she couldn't use her wings. Once she got the lock picked, she stopped just for a second to let the chains fall to the ground before continuing to walk behind the crowd.
She stretched her wings and let out a sigh of relief, glad to not be restrained. "I'll take care of this collar later..." She thought to herself as she hummed.
Once Shepard had stopped and stood on the tables, she saw her chance and began flapping her wings, raising herself off the floor and flying towards him. She took a couple of bullets, one in her upper arm and another just barely grazing her waist, and spotted a Fur that had come around the corner, just by looking at him, she knew he was a Turncoat.
She quickly flew over Shepard and kicked him in the back, just wanting to get him off-balance at least to give the others an opportunity. She didn't expect that they would kill him, not today, and probably none of them would escape, but this would be a start. Then she flew over the other Fur while his weapon was lowered and kicked him as well, hoping to knock him into the wall.
She glanced back only for a mere second and snapped at the Fur, calling him a traitor, before continuing to fly through the hallways towards the outside, expecting that he would probably react and begin shooting at her so she flew as fast as she could towards the bend up ahead.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2009, 07:08:41 PM »
Hearing the riot outside, Philly opens the door to his dorm up a crack and peeks outside to see what's going on.  What he saw though he didn't expectto ever happen.  All the furs had banned together and formed a mob.  He opened the door more, stepping outside to try and help.  Loading his weapon, he begins running towards the mob, but stops when he sees a fur flying overhead kicking at Shepard and another Turncoat.  Setting his weapon to burst, he aims at the fur and opens fire on her.  "I can't let them take over this camp.  I know I won't get any mercy." he said to himself.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2009, 07:16:26 PM »
After being kicked down off the table, Shepard hit the ground hard, and had a knife thrown at him. Ducking in time it just barely whizzed past his head. "There's too many of them, and reinforcements aren't coming" thought Shepard. Standing up he decided to fall back to the designated rally point, firing at the mob as he ran. "Shepard..... can you hear me......" he heard over his radio. "Loud and clear, who is this?". "This is your former CO, don't go to the rally point, the rioters are swarming inside, there's no hope for this camp, best thing to do now is head for the dropships from the Maw and get out of here, Good Luck Soldier, and may the Bloodline avenge us........."
Feeling the weight of the CO's words, Shepard bum rushed outside the camp, he saw other soldiers do the same. "HEY DIDN'T YA HEAR? WE'RE BUGGING OUT COME ON MOVE MOVE MOVE!" said the Drill SGT. of the camp.

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 07:33:21 PM »
Philly turns and starts running in the direction that all the other soldiers were running.  He straps his assualt carbine to his back and starts sprinting past all the furs, dodging knives being thrown at him from every direction.  "I've got to get to the dropships.  I can't be left here for my fate to be decided by these prisoners, my former family members..." he thinks to himself as he leans forward to run faster.  "I could run alot faster than this if I didn't have these stupid boots on" he shouts.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 10:07:41 PM »
Coraline heard a shot whizz by close to her head just before she turned the corner. "Holy!" She yelled and continued to fly further until she pushed through a door to the outside.
She flew further into the air and watched the soldiers below running to the dropships. "Cowards!" She yelled, though she didn't expect to be heard from that high up.
She continued to fly on, not sure where she was actually headed, just knowing she wanted to get away from this place and get her stupid collar off so she could waterbend again.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »
Upon arriving at the Maw...I see what I'm dealing with...two 'firebugs'...a water manipulator...and two other furs who use guns instead of powers....guess that makes me the only earth manipulator...

"Okay...listen up...because you won't be able to hear me when we get into the thick of it...stay with me at all times, and I'll do my best to protect the group, cover eachothers backs and make sure nobody is alone...now, on the way here I was informed that there are dropships here, lets take them out so the Bloodline can't escape...and if you find yourself overwhelmed, and none of us are in sight, run, don't fight...run...you're more useful to the cause alive than dead..."

After we gathered our weapons, got affiliated with eachother, and a threat assessment of the current front-line condition....we started advancing...the rest of the fur amy slowly following us as we mopped up stragglers from previous conflicts...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
The lieutenant fires a full magazine from his .45 at the flying fur, more or less calling her a coward for not finishing her fight. With that out of his system he follows the pureblood and the other turncoat, switching to his rifle. "There's an Osprey not far from here sir, I think that's our best bet. Can either of you fly?" The lieutenant turned and put a few rounds into the pursuing mob, aiming for their legs.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
"We're headed to the VTOLs that came from the Maw, hopefully they will return us there" I quickly yell, climbing over the perimeter fence, the Osprey in sight, already prepped for liftoff and almost full of passengers. "Running like a lunatic and stopping for no one John sprints like his life depends on it (cause it does  :D) to the Osprey. Jumping in the pilot says "10 seconds, those collar'd better hurry up or we're leaving without em" Little did the rebels know, the Co in the rally point already hit the self destruct command inside the camp, and it was primed to explode without a warning, with only 15 seconds on the clock.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 11:04:01 PM by Gabag »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 01:03:01 AM »
As we continue to mop up the abandonded Bloodline...I feel pity, and some jealousy as they are killed without mercy, their deaths painful and quick, but not going through the emotional stress of becoming what you hunt...But then again...they brought it on themselves for herding furs into camps instead of just making it quick and painless...

As I finish off one of my former brothers, our water bender notices that the intel was mis-interpreted...as there were no dropships in the Maw...but actually dropships heading TO the Maw..."Okay...close the gap between the lines before the dropships arrive, then we'll pull back and let the other furs handle this..." and I got a few 'Yes sir!' and some whoops and cheers, seems like we all wanted a break from this Bloodline hunt...