The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: I need advice about a friend  (Read 767 times)

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Insert here
    • Awards
I need advice about a friend
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »
Hi i need some advise.
OK, so i have started to realize that my friend is never pays any attention for me
she never says hi to me, never stops to talk to me and everything a say to her (like that i have a problem of some sort) she just replies in a tone that sound that she doesn't care about it + she never calls me on the phone either so i have started to do the same thing to her.
but i think it may result in that we would be friends no more

but here i the advise i asked for:
should i continue with what I'm doing and look if she still ignores me (i will be stop being a friend with her if she does not talk to me in a week)
or should i go to her and say that i cant stand her behavior and if she does not stop with it i will not be friends with her anymore?

please help I've been friends with her for 5 years but if this is her personality i will not be friends with her anymore
+ she has treated me like this all the time i've been friends with her

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: I need advice about a friend
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:31:53 PM »
Doesn't sound like a real friend in any regard, a friend should want to be there for you and spend time with you to have fun or even in bad times. A friend doesn't act like they don't care or ignore you. If she can't make the time to give you even the most simple of gestures like a "hello," then she is no friend that you need

Offline Renaud Magicpaw

• Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • Watch my paws, and they will do things unheard of
    • Awards
  • Species: Lombolf
  • Height: 5' 10" "
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: tubby
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:51:25 PM »
Doesn't sound like a real friend in any regard, a friend should want to be there for you and spend time with you to have fun or even in bad times. A friend doesn't act like they don't care or ignore you. If she can't make the time to give you even the most simple of gestures like a "hello," then she is no friend that you need

*nods sagely* Thats right, friends are people you can trust, if she won't even talk to you, she's not really a friend now is she?
Read the left column then the right column

Times change, and promises are broken        |   Life is short
Life goes on and yet it stops                        |   Yet the soul is eternal
I have much to give so have this token         |   Your words a port
And get some chocolate from the shops        |   For feelings, internal

Life is short so do not wait                          |   Go seek the love
Take love by the horns                               |   Who's soul is yours
Loyalty is a wonderful trait                           |   They are your dove
But be wary of a rose's thorns                     |   Who's love is lores

Things that live                               |   Join now in the search
Must always die                               |   And find your love
Yet do not dive                              |   They'll be your perch
Into this lie                                     |   As you are their dove

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:27:07 PM »
Obviously she's not a friend at all.
Friends talk to each other, and even if they don't have time for a full conversation, they at least usually say "hi" in passing.
I can't say anything to the part about her not calling you because I don't usually call my friends either.
I'm not one for talking on the phone because usually I don't have much to say...not all friends are fans of talking on the phone anyway.
But anyway, just keep doing the first thing because she has obviously never been your friend if she never voluntarily talks to you and doesn't care about you.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:56:36 PM »
Yup. She might want to break off the friendship that way because a friendship I think isn't really conscious like a dating relationship.Its more relaxed, just hanging out...Its hard to explain in words, but if you have to say it in words... [Shrugs] Well anyway, just tell her its over and whatnot.  (??? Sounds especially like something I'm going through...)

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 02:59:20 PM »
thx guys, you are right

so i continued to say or interact with her and at the PE she came to me and said:

-why aren't you talking to me
-WHY I'm not talking to you is because i noticed before the holidays that I'm the only one who calls you, says hi or actually cares of what you say. so i started to ignore you.
+, we are friend and both sould at least be able to say hi to each other
And she said; but i haven't got the time
i said: yeah right, i have walked past you several times these 2 days while you where standing doing nothing + a hi takes about a second to say
or is your precious time to valuebull for your friend??
she said: but i always expect you to say hi and call me
and i said:you know what? I'm not going to be your friend if you aren't acting as MY friend.
and i walked away from her

later she just sat there on a bench and was sad or was pretending to be at least so i would fell sad for her
but then i realized she is just a egoistical son of a (forbidden word here) and that our friendship was over.

thx for your help guys