The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Has this happened to you?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Has this happened to you?
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 04:08:52 PM »
Ok, I'm peeved now, so let me tell you what happened.
So my little brother was telling my mom about what they did out side, and I was listening too, and he said that he and his friends were having a picnic, and there were ants ant they were going to crawl on them. He and his demon spawn friends poured hot water on them and stomped on the poor ants. And I said "I hate when people mess with animals and things that arn't messing with them. How would you feel if I poured hot water on you?" And my mother started yelling at me "What's wrong with you? Always going on a soapbox rant when it dosn't matter."
My thing is now, just because they're ants that their life hase no value? And to kill something over something as small as "They were crawling all over me" AND you were in their range, outdoors. If an ant comes inside my home, I'd probally just put it outside, but I say that you have every right to get rid of them, but you have no such right when your in their territory. (Spits) I hate my brother... My dad understands though. ^_^

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Sciurus niger aka Fox Squirrel
  • Coloring: cream belly, grey overall, dark chocolate/black markings
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 140lbs/changes
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 02:36:15 AM »
You could have made a comment such as "There are millions of us, our lives dont matter either, but you dont see anyone going around killing hundreds of us because we are inconvienent... oh wait? Didnt we do that to the Native Americans? But they were savages werent they?"

People bug me when they think they are more signifigant than another animal. Sure Ive killed bugs and spiders, but I also dont think that I am any better than the creatures, they just tend to be the ones that bite me.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 02:47:33 AM »
She would have sent me to an asylum... (No really, she would have... -_-) But its true. Humans value other humans above all other life because were kin in species, but when you take yourself out of that, then all lives are equal in a sense and life shouldn't be taken away so lightly. You get it?

Offline NekoOtome

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spirit of the Puma
    • Awards
  • Species: Puma
  • Coloring: Beige body; Black dorsal stripe from base of tail to brow line; Black coloring from paws to knees
  • Height: 5'5
  • Build: normal
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2009, 06:50:53 PM »
I agree there
life goes with the 'pest' animals being needlessly killed. Thats why the big North American predators are all endangered...

Offline Umber

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Sciurus niger aka Fox Squirrel
  • Coloring: cream belly, grey overall, dark chocolate/black markings
  • Height: 5'4"
  • Weight: 140lbs/changes
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 03:40:54 PM »
:< Millions of coyotes get gunned down from helicopters by sharp shooters, their bodies left to rot in the sun, for 'control' purposes... but their populations would regulate themselves if given the chance to do so... coyotes breed excessively when their numbers are down and more territory opens up for the taking. They really do regulate their own populations.. they dont just keep breeding excessively, they breed less when there isnt as much territory for the taking or enough food. But Wildlife Regulations will never hear that blasphemy and allows unlimited bag 'limit' coyote hunting all year for most states.

The carnivores are SORRY they eat 'YOUR' deer too!

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
Us humans (Well, most anyway) have a choice to either go to the store and buy some meat, or to go out and shoot something, but animals don't have that choice. Its not fair to them that we can do both, not one or the other and they have to deal with all this nonsense that we created.

Offline ★Kuro★

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Facebook
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-dog
  • Height: 5'#0392"quot
  • Weight: 105lbs.
  • Currently: ;w;
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2009, 07:06:13 PM »