The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Grernus RP Companion Board  (Read 12498 times)

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Grernus RP Companion Board
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
Any questions or heavy OOC talk related to the Grernus RP should be directed here.

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
Re: Grernus RP Companion Board
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
This looks to hold much promise in my eyes, I would like to sign up. I was beginning to think nobody would start up a Role-Play of my style, and that I would have to do so myself... which would not have ended well.

Name/Title: Ruprecht Faust, The Black Knight
Faction: Heretics
Situation: At War
Species: Human, for the most part
Weapon: Jet Black Zweihänder, known as Umbra, and a Pitch Black Tower Shield, known as Eclipse
Apparel: Covered head-to-toe in Ebon Armor, it is blessed to take very little damage from Blade, Blunt, Arrow or Unarmed damage, but is vulnerable to magic based damage
Colour: Unknown, but he claims to have very pale skin, due to "never removing [his] Armor in years"
Markings: No visible Tribal, Tattoo, Scar or Holy/Unholy Brand markings

I await patiently for your approval.

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:07:07 AM »
    No problem. I'm glad you like the style of it; I thought it wasn't truly creative myself, but I might have a novelist in me yet. Feel free to join in (maybe in the Heretic fortress I'm in?)

Oh yeah, and I smell an Elder Scrolls fan in you.  :)

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 03:23:27 AM »
Yeah, Umbra is my favorite sword at this time... I won't give it to the Deadra Prince, never! Until I finish the quest, the blade will not weigh anything.

In Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I made the mistake of making Blunt a major skills, despite never using a blunt weapon. Though I do have Blade, which I do use alot.

But I guess that's off topic, and I should get to the Role-Play.

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 03:25:22 AM »
I'm making an Oblivion thread... and a SSBB thread. Just for kicks.

But yeah, off topic agreeably.

• Yellow Yak
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 04:35:48 AM »
After how many of our posts should we wait for someone else to come and do something? 'Cause I don't want to keep passing the ball between you and me for too long.

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 04:37:17 AM »
Mmmmm, I have to go soon, so post once more and I'll reply to it in kind...

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:18:08 PM »
sorry didn't want this thread to die so i'll make a character
Name: Dash Wen Dulah
Faction: Fanatic (Alteration magic)
Situation: In War
Main Species/form: Lynx
Weapon Preference: the ability to shapeshift (3 main forms, one for speed, one for strength, and the normal form, but can be other things)
Attire: an Ornamental Robe with the chest being of Plate Mail
Colors: The robe is a Dark Midnight blue, with the chest armor being a bright ruby red with a blue ornamental eye in the center of it, the robe also is enchanted to fit the appearance of the wearer when he shape shifts.

just made up some random ass name, hope it's good or at least decent.   :squish:

Post Merge: March 17, 2009, 10:19:17 PM
on a totally unrelated note Elder Scrolls kicks ass, assassins are awesome, being able to sneak, but being able to fight decently with blade and bow  too.

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 11:29:28 PM »
Yeah, that character will work. Just remember: You are an extremely adept Shapeshifter, likely revered by those who know you, but otherwise you have the spellcasting ability of a Heretic child with an alergy to magic. I'll say that simply from Shapeshifting, you've gained atleast a contemplation of general Alteration magic, though. Does that all work for you?

I'm not gonna' try and DM this; I have a feeling that would turn up bad. If you want an idea of where your at in the Fanatic town, you could ask me to suggest, or you could easily make it yourself.

Note on your general Fanatic: They wear bright robes and formal clothing except the one going into frontlines, who wear armor. They are often pompous and put themselves above Heretics highly, saying that they are stupid and wicked and such. It really is like religion, you know? They are, however, trustworthy and friendly to any of those who are also Fanatics or work for them. This should all give you an idea of who you're working with. Just remember that there are Fanatics who dislike the War, or have Heretic friends, or for whatever reason might not be posh put-downs.

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 12:15:42 AM »
well, the midnight blue is ornamental, and i should say i have golden trim (i always do :)) and he likes to be "ready" for any surprise attack so he wears armor at all times. can't be too careful with you heretics being like rangers now can we :)

Post Merge: March 18, 2009, 12:18:05 AM
well if it's like a religious thing i'll be in a Temple? giving prayer and a messenger comes to me to get ready for battle or something along those lines.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 12:18:05 AM by Gabag »

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 12:19:06 AM »
Only about... Well, 90% of all light troops, scouts, and support troops carry bows. That's not too many! That's why we wear no or very little armor; because you silly Fanatics just toss armor piercing lightning and ethereal magic at us anyway. Bugger. We tend to regret not wearing armor for you Shapers though. You claw and bite us rudely.  :'(

Offline Gabag

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 12:35:10 AM »
but what if i dont bite, but i form into the form of a knight? cause i dont want to taste other people, thats disgusting  :shcoked:

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 12:36:21 AM »
Ooooh, you're playing the snooty upturned kind of Fanatic, eh? You'll fit right in!  :)

Offline Golge

• Psychotic Biscuit
  • Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • beware the bliss!
    • Awards
  • Species: chameleon
  • Coloring: variable
  • Height: 5"8
  • Weight: 145lbs
  • Build: above Average
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 02:43:44 AM »
if i may?

name: gizor delso
neutral: he's a well known mercenary
situation: in war
species: chameleon
main weapon: his prized spear that he named 'darkness' and lightning magic (im not sure what your opinion on invisibility/cloaking magic is)
attire: very little, he prefers to use his agility to avoid being hit, but he does wear light leather armor
colours: it varies, his clothing has been enchanted toxhange colour when he does(if this is alright)

i hope this is ok, tell me if you have any problems with this ^^
-Fear what you cannot see!, unless you can see it, or your not afraid... in that case maybe i should fear instead O_O-
-HOW ABOUT I BAKE A CAKE, EAT IT, AND THEN PAY STEVEN SPIELBERG TO MAKE A BIOGRAPHY FOR IT-

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 02:47:47 AM »
Alright. Let no one say I didn't plan all this magic stuff out.

Complete invisibility costs a moderate amount of your energy if you are standing still, and will tax you heavily if you are moving. You'll kill yourself unless you become very practiced at it.

Chameleon and blending costs far less, but may or may not be as effective.

Lightning magic is the most costly but the most powerful of offensive-based magics. It travels instantly and will shock and light things on fire, using armor and weaponry as conduits even. Feared among the fast especially, because lightning is faster. Just don't kill yourself with using it.

And the less things you focus on, the more powerful I'll allow you to be at them.

So yes, you may. Let me know if you need to know anything specific, Gizor.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:53:54 AM by Dog Donovan »