The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: My Experience of Revealing  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
My Experience of Revealing
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »
Angry at self for several personal reasons.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:39:17 AM by Dog Donovan, Reason: Tiny Personal Dilemma, I might be causing serious drama too »

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
Re: My Experience of Revealing
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:30:56 AM »
It's good to hear that not all "coming out" experiences go completely wrong. People forget that sometimes.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »
It's better to hear someone cares about my experience and doesn't discard my explanation. Thank you.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:31:31 PM »
Hmm, thanks for sharing this with us, it really helps some of us build our hopes a bit and might ease a few people's worries.
That scenario indeed was...interesting, for lack of a better term.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • This concept of normality confuzzles one.
    • Awards
  • Species: Ferret
  • Coloring: Darker Brown body and back with Light Brown belly and under Tail..
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 147
  • Build: Muscular yet Slim built
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »
Yeah thanks for sharing that, although it made me feel worse about the situation im in :( But its interesting to read never-the less and i respect people who have the courage to tell others.
My website..
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3606/3355299668_5ecaa7faaf_o.png

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3323787844_f0b526906a_o.gif

When I was younger I used to pray for a bike, Then I realized god didn't work like that, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness..

Offline Aumbrella_Dude

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: ???
  • Coloring: Mostly black.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 11:45:09 PM »
Wow, so you're in the same grade as my younger sibling. (I'm 17 which is meh.)  If it were me, I'd keep it a secret since I just found out about it.

Offline Bueller

• Chatty Cheetah
    • Awards
  • Species: A ferret by the name of Bueller, or a white-tailed deer who goes by Mute.
  • Coloring: white(ferret), brown with white underfur(deer)
  • Height: 5'8
  • Weight: 165 lbs.
  • Build: Average
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 07:18:22 AM »
When I 'came out' of the furry closet, no one seemed to care. My mom was just like "Oh wow, that drawing of that deer is really cute" xD So I guess I was really lucky?

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 09:04:51 AM »
I just recently revealed being a furry myself to my buddy by just showing him a good clean picture.  He said it was pretty cool, nothing changed between us.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 01:12:25 PM »
Ok my experiences..

My mum Told her over MSN because I felt I could explain better than in person, she didn't understand it for a LONG time so I gave her my mates address and she bombarded him with questions. After that I found out she spent the night researching them on the internet which is bad because she probably came across a load of troll beatings etc (I had told her about yiff though). She spent the next few days staring at me a lot but thought it was interesting.

Friend from work who moved away Same thing, as with all of them XD, told her over Facebook and she said it was weird, that made me feel really down :( Then a few weeks later she talked to me again saying she had looked up a bit about it and she got the wrong impression and she thought it was cool ^^.

Friend from work who hasn't moved away She said she had a secret to tell me so I told her about furs etc.. at first she put "wtf is that?" (after id sent her a link to wikipedia) so I was a bit nervous cos I thought she was gonna say im strange etc, but she said it was cool and she draws Anime so we like nearly the same thing ^^

Other People
- 2 people have become furs themselves XD they say that they like it because it allows you to take a break from reality and unwind.
- A lot of people just bring it up in jokes a lot which is fine.
- The people I have told from school (people that I trust, 2 girls ^^) are fine about it and dont mention it at school.
My website..

When I was younger I used to pray for a bike, Then I realized god didn't work like that, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness..

Offline bigmanrob

• Avid Aardvark
  • I'm awesome!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: White
  • Build: Fit
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »
My friend came out first to me. He must have read my mind or something knowing I would like furries. He should me High Tail Hall and said I would like it...Yeah, kind of weird, back on topic.

When I made the staff for Phoenix Furness and wanted to start my fursuit I knew I had to tell my mom. She was experienced in sewing and what not. So I told her, took a bit of explaining. She still doesn't know what yiff is fortunately, she would not let me do this if it was the case.

I told my dad and he went ???, recently when I told him I need to go to a Phoenix Furness meeting he's like "What's that?"
"A furry convention."
"A what?"
"A furry convention."
"A what?"
"A furry convention."
"A what?"
"A furry convention."
"A what?"
This went on for about five minutes.

I told my friends at school and they were like, huh? Or, "Me too!" Or even, "Okay. I know what those are, but I don't really care."

The last option usually make jokes that are just like "You stupid furry."
I just laugh, thank god everyone in Arizona is retard!! 50 out of 50 for education! w00t!!!!

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »
Sounds good for you.. and I got sent that to hehe.. but unfortunately in the UK theres no real presence of furs outside of the net so a VERY small majority know about them let alone are them.
My website..

Offline NekoOtome

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spirit of the Puma
    • Awards
  • Species: Puma
  • Coloring: Beige body; Black dorsal stripe from base of tail to brow line; Black coloring from paws to knees
  • Height: 5'5
  • Build: normal
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:40 AM »
I told my dad I wanted to go to a furry convention, and after a bit of explaining hes like "isn't that kinda thing nothing but sex?" -________-

Offline Dog Donovan

• Noble Newt
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 04:06:35 AM »
Pffft. (Well... Maybe a couple, but definately not all of them...)

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 10:11:10 PM »
I haven't completely told my mom because she stares at me and then goes; ".....that's cool...." and continues what she was doing... I'm pretty sure if she figures out everything about it, she'd flip on me... My dad is still like,,.... dark about it...
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline FurFlyer

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 11:19:06 AM »
I haven't completely told my mom because she stares at me and then goes; ".....that's cool...." and continues what she was doing... I'm pretty sure if she figures out everything about it, she'd flip on me... My dad is still like,,.... dark about it...

Ahh.. Maybe you should hook up with a boy/girlfriend (not sure about your orientation Dx) in Real Life for a short while, you could tell them then because I imagine that the fact you were seeing someone would play down the idea of sexual elements in it :)
My website..