The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nighttime in the Undertown  (Read 9126 times)

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
Re: Nighttime in the Undertown
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »
Jericho nods and does as he is bidden, staying in the exact spot Nyx had left him. Looking around the room, he takes in all the art he saw, knowing he couldn't draw a stick figure if his life depended on it. He takes a sniff of the inscense, giving a thinking 'Hmm'. He had never really thought of much as bad smelling, and the scent definitly wasn't bad smelling. This is, of course, the way of a mechanic who had axle grease, metal dust, and gas smell up his nose nearly every day. He grits his teeth a bit as his leg gives a whirr, then a deep 'Ker-chunk'. He sits down upon the floor just in time to see the mechanical right leg go limp. He gives a sigh, pressing a couple locks open where the mechanical leg connected with his upper leg, twisting it sideways and removing it slowly. Luckily, nothing got onto the floor. As Jericho waits for Nyx to return, he gives his leg a shake, to listen if anything rattled.
Let's go to Taco Bell! I'll take three ranchero chicken soft tacos with ranchero sauce, fire sauce, sour cream, no avacado, a mountain dew, and a side order of nachos ^-^

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 11:32:23 PM »
*~She returned, dragging a box on the floor, grunting and complaining in her own mind ('This thing must weigh two hundred pounds at the very LEAST...') the whole way to the hyena, who was sitting in the floor shaking his disconnected leg beisde his ear. "This is what the previous owner left. It's full of almost every tool imaginable. I'm sure you can find something." She disappeared into her art room again and returned this time with an easel and palette in hand. She sat the easel down about four feet from Jericho and tossed the clean palette onto the couch. "So, what do you do around this town?" Nyx asked as she rummaged through a bag selecting paints and brushes, and sitting them on the counter.~*

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2007, 12:53:46 AM »
"Use to be a mechanic" He says as he opens the toolbox, nodding his thanks to Nyx. He rummages through the tools, finding some that looked as if they might work, getting to trying to pop open a plate on the leg. He looks up to Nyx for a second, seeing her readying art supplies. He hears a click as the plate budges a bit. He looks back down and pulls the plate back, looking within and digging around within at the gears and wireing, pulling at something. "Well, I found part of the problem" He says, starting to mumble to himself about a coin being stuck in a particular part in the gear. He continues to dig after pulling the coin free, trying to find what else had gotten into his leg.
Let's go to Taco Bell! I'll take three ranchero chicken soft tacos with ranchero sauce, fire sauce, sour cream, no avacado, a mountain dew, and a side order of nachos ^-^

Offline Fell

• Avid Aardvark
  • Catch me red-handed only if my palms are bleedin'
    • Westfinder: Who needs a compass?
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2007, 07:27:22 PM »
Alcide had been out of it. Very, very out of it. He'd gotten distracted by what was probably a minor hallucination - all of the glowing lines in the streets and skies were very conducive to things like hallucinations, after all, especially if one was slightly... prone, at the moment. When he came back to reality, as it were, he found himself in the middle of the street, holding some art supplies.

The Cheshire Cat laughed. "Well then, it seems I've become an artist! Or that an artist has stopped seeming one," he said, grinning down at the canvas for a moment. His nigh-luminescent eyes - one blue and one green - shone in its plastic wrapping. "I suppose I should return you, then?" Alcide asked the canvas, tucking it under his arm. "Now let's see about your mistress..." The Cheshire closed his eyes, smiled, and began to fade out. He focused on the dragoness as he did.

When he appeared, he did so right over one of the stripey armchairs. It was kind enough to break his fall with but one lone squeak of displeasure at the suddenly-added weight. Alcide poked his colourful head over the back of the armchair, eyes wide in mock-horror. "Where have all the colours gone?!" he exclaimed dramatically. Then he looked around him, noticing the other canvases for the first time. "Oh, yes yes, of course. All into the paintings. Makes perfect sense." Alcide nodded curtly, still grinning.
-Kai

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »
"Welcome back to Undertown" Jericho gives a smirk at the Cheshire Cat, looking back to his leg as he digs the end of a thread out of a shock in his leg. He begins to pull the long string from it, and the shock was free. Closing the leg back up, he sets the coin and string aside, setting the leg back in it's place upon him, closing the locks and testing it out. It seemed to work alright now. he stands, placing the tools back into their box and closing it, pocketing the coin and string he found in his leg. "I suppose I should get going. I can put this back in place for you." He reaches down with his mechanical left arm, scooping up the box and hefting it up. He sets it upon his shoulder, the arm supporting most of the weight of it.

Offline Fell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »
"Back?" Alcide asked, blinking. "Well I've hardly left. Or at least, I don't think I have..." The cheshire Cat pondered this a moment. "Well, what I think defines my reality. Ergo,  I haven't left. Perhaps I have left to you," the bouncy cat finished, smiling even as he sunk a little lower in the chair, leaving only the parts above his eyes and the tip of his tail visible. From there, he watched as Jericho fussed with his leg.

"How do you get strings in there?" Alcide asked, popping his head up a little more. "It seems like a rather odd thing to use for a storage place, a leg, and strings usually aren't the most persistent of items." The young cat cocked his head. "Have you visited any string factories lately?"
-Kai

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »
Jericho turns a bit, raising his eyebrow once more at the curious cat. "I.. don't use my leg for storage. the coin must have to left in there from the last time I worked on it, the string.. Well, I'm not so sure about that" He sets the toolbox inside the door Nyx had come out of with it, closing the door without looking in. He takes the string out of his pocket, wondering just how out of it this odd feline was. Unravelling the blue string, he drags it along the top of the couch in front of Alcide, slowly, but fast enough that the very end of the string bounced as it caught upon the fabric of the couch. "And I haven't been to any string factories lately"

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2007, 09:05:16 PM »
*~ Nyx looked at the Cheshire and giggled at his odd humor as she took some of the unopened paints and placed them on the couch. "You don't have to go so soon Jericho. I haven't had an audience for quite a while." she said looking at both the hyena and the cat. "And it's nice to see you join us Alcide. Interesting name actually." Nyx mused, "And I guessed it right as well." She took a paint bottle and opened it up, squirtitng a little onto the palette with a satisfying phhht! She giggled again, and told the paint bottle, "S'cuse you!"~*
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 10:53:11 PM by Nyx »

Offline Fell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 10:46:34 PM »
Alcide caught the string almost before it touched the head of the couch. "Nyah! Gotcha!" he exclaimed happily, giving it a little tug before releasing it. The curious boy looked up at Jericho. "You really ought to visit a string factory sometime," Alcide began, smiling. "You can get very... caught up in them." He laughed softly for a moment. "A bad pun; pardon."

The Cheshire Cat lowered his head again - he seemed to enjoy playing with height for the moment - and listened as Nyx spoke. "I like my name too. Thank you!" Alcide told her, wiggling the tip of his tail (it was curled around to the side, now, and was hanging off of the arm rest). He was very fond of his name, finding it very fitting.
-Kai

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 12:08:09 AM »
Jericho gives a nod, dragging the string along the couch a bit more before laying it accross Alcide's ears. He takes a seat upon the couch, watching Nyx as she prepares. "I hope I can keep good company. Alcide seems like he's having no problem." He casts a glance over to the feline he spoke of, waiting to see how he delt with the string over his ears, as he takes off his jacket, folding it up quickly next to him and placing his arms upon the back of the couch. Even with his arms spread, he didn't smell bad. He was actually surprisingly well kept.

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 12:11:03 AM »
eh ok if anyone cares, I feel like joining this. I'm just gonna have to read up on what's happened...)
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 12:14:45 AM »
(Sounds cool, I say okay ^^ Though we might want to keep a turn system going, otherwise my head might go pop  =3 )

Offline Fell

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 03:01:22 AM »
((Very true about the turns. But beyond that.... the OOC!  :squish: It's fine if you join, just try to keep the OOC-dom to a minimum :3))

...Hmm, thought Alcide as the string was placed across his ears. He twitched one experimentally, finding it to tickle the other one a bit. The Cheshire wrinkled his brow and looked up, trying to see the string. He flicked the ear that had been tickled, which in turn brushed it across the sensitive hairs on the opposite. Ha! Very well then! Alcide thought before flicking both of his ears as far out as they would go.

The string, for its part, drifted down to rest on the hair between his ears. Little devil is sure to try to cause trouble later, the young Cheshire thought to himself, looking up reproachfully before shooting his eyes over to Jericho. "Problem? Everyone has a problem. What's your problem?" Alcide asked, chuckling a little bit. He had amused himself again. Life was pretty amusing as a whole for the moment.

It was then that Alcide realised he was still holding the canvas. Well, practically sitting on, more like. He thought about it for a moment before deciding that if the canvas hadn't done anything about it by now it wasn't likely to in the future, so it ought to be alright. After all, anything bothered by getting sat upon was apt to raise a fuss almost immediately.
-Kai

Offline Jericho

• Boisterous Bear
  • I'm wierd ^-^
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 11:12:30 PM »
(( Yea, sorry for the OOC ^^;  ))

"Problem? Heh, well.." He raises his left arm, wriggling the mechanized fingers before reaching over right above Alicide's head, taking ahold of the string, pinching it between the two metal fingers. He was careful not to catch a piece of fur in the process. He then drags the string over the seat of the couch in front of the Cheshire, the tip flicking about as it caught at the material. Jericho found it rather amusing, almost like playing with a feral house cat. Most of which would run due to the mechanical noises from his parts.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:51 PM »
*~Nyx watched the two, and was very amused, dipping brushes in paint and capturing the moment with quick, short, brush strokes. She admired the image that she'd formed in her head of the two guests, Alcide and Jericho, playing with one thread. "So, you guys up for going out to eat some chinese maybe?" She asked, still preoccupied with painting them on her canvas. "Unless you know of somewhere else you'd rather eat. My treat." She finished up the painting so quickly because it was a rather cartoonish characature (sp?) of the two. She smiled and tipped her head to the side, looking at the painting and trying to calculate if she needed to add something else.~*