The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sonic Unleashed (All three systems)  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Sonic Unleashed (All three systems)
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:28:00 PM »
Even though I noted all three systems, I'll be doing from a Wii perspective since I own the Wii version. If someone else can give details noted in other versions that aren't in the description I give, please place them.

Taking place after Sonic Heroes (I do believe after Shadow the Hedgehog as well), the prelude to this story is as follows: Sonic, in hot pursuit of Dr. Eggman, begins destroying the villian's robots, one right after another. Then as Sonic was about to go head-to-head with Eggman's mech, he gets captured. In a swift moment, Sonic changed into Super Sonic (having collected the Chaos Emeralds before the fight) and free's himself. Eggman flees to a small space station, Super Sonic in tow, destroying Eggman's fleet along the way. When Super Sonic gets to Eggman finally, Eggman does the "Give me another chance, I'll reform" type of grovel. Sonic, having fallen for this since it was the first time Eggman ever showed remorse, starts to step away... right into a trap Eggman anticipated and triggered a device to seperate the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic. Using that same device, he switches the polarity of the Chaos Emeralds and fires a beam of pure energy to the planet, splitting the contintents apart, while the changed polarity of the Emeralds makes Sonic undergo a change in the absence of sunlight into a werehog.

Not giving any concern to Sonic in his new form, Eggman fires Sonic out of the spacestation back to the planet. When Sonic comes to, he sees a little creature who has a case of amnesia. Sonic in his current form, becomes worried that his re-entry may've been the cause of this character's amnesia, and so attempts to help him regain his memories.

Now for the gameplay: Things happen during the Day and During the night in each of the areas, mostly happening with Sonic and his two forms. During the Day, he moves about at usual true-blue speed, going from 2-D (sidescroller) to 3-D (behind-the back) views on occasion. At night-time, Sonic changes into his were form, able to extend his arms a good distance (enabling his attacks to reach a decent distance away and also enabling him to grab onto ledges he would not normally reach) and now also able to become stronger through the gaining of Dark Gaia Force.

In the Wii version, the control can be set up to use the Classic Control attachment, the Wii Remote with Nunchuk, or even the GameCube Controller, so if you're not familiar with the Wii setup, you can use other control variations that feel more comfortable to you.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
Re: Sonic Unleashed (All three systems)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »
I only managed to try the demo of it on the 360. The controls were spot on and the sonic level they showcased was a blast. However the general census on the game is the warehog levels actually bring the game down where the sonic levels are some of the best in a very long time

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:42:32 PM »
I like the werehog levels (especially considering I use the Wiimote/Nunchuk setup), that's what made it a bit more interesting... the music for the werehog levels (and even the battle music) are quite intriguing, so if you like hack-and-slash or you like speed, this game's a good combination.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 06:44:32 PM »
I plan on renting it eventually, Im too skeptical to ever buy a sonic game.

but the demo was enjoyable

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 02:05:43 AM »
Even if you don't own the new-gen systems, just found out that it's on the PS2.

Offline iKero-chu™

• Ferrachulicious
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
  • Chu~ :'3
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Hot Dumpster (Ferret/Pikachu/Corgi)
  • Build: Thicc
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: god left me unfinished
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
+T___T+
You think it might be for Xbox360 or PS3?
'Cause those are the only systems I have.

When I saw the commercial for the game I freaked out.
I want it so badly.
D:
(/\       /\)
(`o・ ω ・o´)
Chuuu~
Comission Info
Furcode

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 01:38:30 AM »
I mentioned "all three systems" in the reason that I saw a version for the PS3, XBox, and I have the Wii version, also, there is a version for the PS2 out there.

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:52:34 AM »
a couple of my friends just said sega is just beating a dead horse with a stick (Sorry if i did  offened someone) but i tried out the game and it is quite fun
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 04:08:36 PM »
same here..I downloaded he demo on the X-Box Marketplace..it was fun playing through it...as Tezz said. it's a blast :D although it's not high on my "To buy" list..I still might buy it..((other games such as fallout 3 and far Cry 2 have me hooked))

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 02:08:51 PM »
Got this for Xmas and I've already blasted through half the game.
Sonic sections: Heck yes Sega, no complaints here! The best in the 3D series since Sonic Adventure 1 & 2...and IMO, Unleashed's Sonic gameplay is even better than the Adventure games! Sega, make all Sonic games like this from now on! The only downside is how few levels there are, although you'll want to replay them again and again, even after you've obtained S Rank.
Werehog: Most people I know hate them, but meh...Earlier levels are fun, boss fights are good, generally the levels are above average/sorta good hack 'n' slash platformers. Wiimote & Nunchuk setting adds to the Werehog stages, although it gets tiring on some levels. The jazzy battle music can be annoying & repetitive at times.
Bosses: Whether Hedgehog or Werehog, we've got brilliant bosses here. Exploiting their weakneses, dodging and striking when their guard is lowered...Good stuff. My only complaint is that the bosses I've faced so far are easy to get S Rank on, although the fights aren't too easy or hard mostly.
Music: The guitar/Rock awesomeness of Crush 40 and other bands is gone (Which might be good for some of you), and thankfully the music is pretty good, apart from the Werehog battle theme. Nothing too memorable, but good tunes all the same, the music harmonising perfectly with the level.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
I find that battle theme to be kinda catchy... almost like a sudden burst of Jazz, and maybe a bit of Funk.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 06:34:38 PM »
The theme itself is good, but the sheer repetiveness of it and lack of variety really damages it. Then again, I'm a lil' biased as Jazz isn't exactly my favourite music genre.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Kyanbu the legend

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • King of Dragons
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Kyanbu's house
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2009, 06:16:47 AM »
I only have the PS2 version at the moment. (plan on getting the PS3 version later this). Even though the PS2 version is a downgrade, flooded with werehog stages, lack of 2 day time stages, all stages except apotos having only 1 act, and very short day time stages. I still enjoy playing this game. The day time stages where great even though the 360/PS3 versions are much better, and though boring at times I do enjoy the werehog levels to some extent. Over all I love unleashed and I hope sega continuse to imporve them selves.

6.2/10 (PS2/Wii)

7.8/10 (PS3/360)
Current Story(es): Mischief Knights [PG-13]   Current Art Gallery: Kyanbu's Art Gallery   My Forum: kyanbu's house, A nice place to chill