Author Topic: Furgate FG-1  (Read 4085 times)

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
Furgate FG-1
« on: November 18, 2008, 10:06:34 PM »
Check the OOC before posting. Thanks in advance :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SG-5, so far only a three man team, had assembled in front of the Fargate. Arke, the CO of FG-5, always wondered why no one could think of a better name for the thing. An FGODD was being deployed as well. The operation was simple enough; FG-9 had gone silent after two weeks on an offworld base. The FG team was going in to recon and recover any equipment if the base was a total loss. It was strange, though. The planet was listed as uninhabited...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 12:59:44 AM by Arke »

Offline Manual_automation

• Scented Skunk
  • Artwork is © Kalaharifox on DA (I did photo edit)
    • Awards
  • Species: Alaskan malamute
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
  • Height: 6'2"
  • Weight: ~230lbs
  • Build: Fit
Re: Furgate FG-1
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 01:17:54 AM »
I run a quick check of my equipment, My UMP sub machine gun was in perfect working order, like a fine tuned insturment, my 1911 pistol just as well cared for, it's lazer grip and tactical light tightly afixed. I also slip a 'Zat' gun into it's holster, a small combat pack holding food, C4 and det-cord, ammo, and some other kit, all sitting over a camel back water pouch, and a ballistics vest designed to stop staff blasts, it was a prototype and only FGODD members had them. I ensure that my radio and other gear has fresh batteries and i have spairs, my knife sharp and clean, my hat in a loop on my shoulder. I do all of this in a corner of the equipment room, eyeing the rest of the team as i get ready.

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
  • Coloring: light to dark grey with black on back and top of head, white underside (and lower head)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2008, 01:59:50 AM »
I walk up to the CO after doing a final equipment check and snap a quick salute, i didn't like officers, but I had learned to put up with it "Sgt. Northpaw reporting to Gate Room for mission deployment" why we were assembling in the gate room was beyond me, but i was new to this team and didn't know how they worked, so I avoided comment.

"Fight fore hope and it is eternal, stop fighting, and it was never there." ^Happy to meet ya'^
~Andrew H.

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online
  • I have found my light, so let him come to me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black and Red
  • Height: 175 cm (5' 74")
  • Weight: 62 kg (139 lbs)
  • Build: Muscular...ish
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 01:43:41 PM »
Vince looked at the Fargate as he checked his equipment one final time before mission deployment. He then looked towards the CO of FG-5, awaiting further orders before they left, and the activation of the Fargate. The dragon had been doing this for a while so he knew what to expect from the mission.

Giruuuuuu!

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 09:35:54 PM »
"Alright, basic offworld assignment folks." The CO looked up to the control room, giving them a quick thumbs up. "Probably Goa'uld activity, so we're going in weapons hot." The gate opened behind him, the backwash from the event horizon almost touching him. "And that's our cue. Secure the base, see what went wrong. FG-5, let's move out."

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 09:59:25 PM »
My weapon instinctively snaps up to the ready position, the safety going off as it hits my shoulder, i run through the gate, being practically thrown out of the other side, 3rd in the team to go through, i immidiatly take cover behind the dialing device and scan the area

~Andrew H.

Offline Vince the Dark

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online
  • I have found my light, so let him come to me...
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black and Red
  • Height: 175 cm (5' 74")
  • Weight: 62 kg (139 lbs)
  • Build: Muscular...ish
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 10:59:37 PM »
Vince kept his Zat gun ready as he ran through the gate, jumping out on the other and making a thump as he landed on his feet. He looked through the area, holding the Zat gun at a ready in case of any sudden hostility, and after seeing nothing out of the ordinary he slightly lowered his weapon.

Giruuuuuu!

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 04:04:09 PM »
I move out from behind the dialing device and move forward with my weapon at the ready, falling in to line behind and to the right of the CO alert for anything that might happen as we move out from the gate, not talking to any of the team members.

~Andrew H.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
Arke seems very secure, almost cocky coming through the gate, simply striding up to the DHD and letting the wormhole close behind him. In truth his eyes scanned the surroundings, and his finger was tight on the trigger. Around them, pines and what appeared to be birch trees surrounded the gate. "Almost feels like home... Alright, the base is a quarter mile north-west. Move out."

• Scented Skunk
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 10:25:24 PM »
I turn to the team and wonder what formation they expect to travel in, finding my place and moving forward, alert for anything that might happen, but not high strung or jumpy.

~Andrew H.

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 09:37:53 PM »
A short path led to the base, which was largely deserted and now little more than ruins. One Prefab aluminum building had been reduced to smoking rubble, although the rest of the base was intact. "Huh... Alright, spread out, and try to see if anyone's still here." The marks from the staff burns were clearly defined, and it seemed the Goa'uld were the only explanation.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 12:52:38 AM »
A white wolf wearing oddly-black clothing with mechanical-looking boots slowly limped out of some of the rubble from the temporary shelter, having hold of an ACP .45 in his right hand and an unsheathed, oddly-glowing Ninjato. "Darn... should've realized we would have been found out after stealing something so valuable to them. But fortuntately, the mission was a success." he muttered to himself as he looked about, brushing himself off a bit before moving again. "Vosur, my boy, you always seem to come out with some sort of 'war trophy'." he chuckled.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:02:07 AM by Vosur »

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 03:43:03 PM »
Arke decided to inspect the prefab structure, or more accurately what was left of it. "Hello? Anybody here?" Sure, shouting was not the best idea, but he could have sworn he heard someone. Or something. "This is FG-5. If anybody's here, show yourself."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 10 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2008, 05:23:23 PM »
His ears perked at the sound of "FG-5" and he looked in the direction it came from. "Over here!" he called out, his ragged condition not allowing him to yell out too loudly as he started moving in the general direction of where he heard the voice. "This is 1st Lieutenant Vosur Aekira, FG-11, please identify name and rank."

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »
duo followed behind her CO. her armor batterys were in criticle condition, almost drained, she called out "this is second lieutenant duo megadeus, FG 11" she said behind vosur, her voice feeble the voice modluator had shut off to conserve energy. she hobbled behind her CO, she and her suit were drained from what had happen only moments ago.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:43:18 PM by Duo Megadeus »