The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 24036 times)

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008, 03:52:07 PM »
Not a pet peeve, but a phobia (a weird one). Pregnant people. I  am afraid of pregnant people. Like I might bump them, and their water is gonna break, or they go into labor next to me in class or on the bus.  :squish:

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2008, 05:25:06 PM »
Anyone who uses the word 'gay' in a negative manner,
Selfish smokers,
Anyone who thinks they're 'gangsta',
Young children,
Many teenagers,
Arrogant Adults,
Sane people,
Humanity as a whole...

I have many, many, many more, but I don't wish to bore you.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »
Selfish smokers,
Young children,
Many teenagers,
Arrogant Adults,
Sane people,
Humanity as a whole...

Please go on. I also haate people who think they're "gangsta" because they come off (99.9% of the time) very ignorant about almost everything else. I really hate when an adult is wrong and you're trying to tell them in a polite manner, but they just think that you're trying to be smart with them... I don't like humanity for the most part either because of how bad they messed up the planet. Most of the extinctions happing now has something to do with human's greed for money, land, and absolute control of all natural resources.

Another pet peeve - Closed Mindedness....
My mom and dad are really one minded about not having gay marriage, or abortions and I think that's wrong. (Sorry if that's sensitive subject matter, but I really hate closed-minded people) I always try to see both sides of something and look at the pros and cons with each option.

Offline Blackout

• Devious Decepticon
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: MH-53M Pave-Low IV helicopter
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 36 feet
  • Weight: 16 Tons
  • Build: Large and Bulky
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2008, 05:55:11 PM »
Selfish smokers,
Young children,
Many teenagers,
Arrogant Adults,
Sane people,
Humanity as a whole...

You forgot cranky old people to add to the whole age spectrum.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2008, 06:03:32 PM »
I agree with you on closed-mindness. I absolutely loathe those who are narrow-minded, know it, and continue to spout their hateful ramblings even after they realise that they are wrong.
I have an odd, cold dislike of those who value appearance more than personality or those who see love as a means to do 'certain things', not as actual love. The one you can love could be incredibly ugly and be hundreds or even thousands of miles away, but if you truly love them, that won't matter. Love knows no bounds nor limitations, only the sweet embrace of Eternity...
Don't even get me started on those who gain everything from the suffering of others...to say that I would very much like to introduce them to a carbon steel katana would be a vast understatement...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2008, 06:12:04 PM »
I agree with you on closed-mindness. I absolutely loathe those who are narrow-minded, know it, and continue to spout their hateful ramblings even after they realise that they are wrong.
I have an odd, cold dislike of those who value appearance more than personality or those who see love as a means to do 'certain things', not as actual love. The one you can love could be incredibly ugly and be hundreds or even thousands of miles away, but if you truly love them, that won't matter. Love knows no bounds nor limitations, only the sweet embrace of Eternity...
Don't even get me started on those who gain everything from the suffering of others...to say that I would very much like to introduce them to a carbon steel katana would be a vast understatement...

Yea! I would rather have a not-so-pretty spouse and they treat me like a princess, rather than a handsome guy that abuses me.... And I also hate when people just pretend to love you just to use you for those kinds of things. (It's never happened to me, but it did to one of my friends, and that evil thing dumped her the second he could go with someone more prettey than her...) I used to have a long dinstance relationship, but sadly it diddn't work out...

Pet-peeve - When people use something of yours without asking and you would have said yes anyway...

Scyler

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2008, 07:25:53 PM »
I know how you feel on that one.

I can't stand hypocrites, bad drivers, law breakers, liars and cheaters.

Offline Leo Dusai

• Gregarious Gnu
    • Imvu - Leo Dusai
    • Awards
  • Species: Otter
  • Coloring: Brown base with cream markings
  • Height: 5'10ft
  • Weight: 9st
  • Build: Slim
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2008, 08:06:42 PM »
One of my biggest peeves would have to be people who insist on forcing their own beliefs on people. I don't have anything against people that believe in a god or anything like that, just the people who think that I need to believe too. I find it a little aggravating when someone gives me the response "what made you loose your faith?" if I tell them I'm an Atheist. As if I had to believe in a god before becoming Atheist >.>

"Teeter-tottering between brilliance and insanity."

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2008, 11:42:04 PM »
One of my biggest peeves would have to be people who insist on forcing their own beliefs on people. I don't have anything against people that believe in a god or anything like that, just the people who think that I need to believe too. I find it a little aggravating when someone gives me the response "what made you loose your faith?" if I tell them I'm an Atheist. As if I had to believe in a god before becoming Atheist >.>

Yea! Especially when they try to make you feel bad that your atiest. One time some guy said "I feel sorry for aithests" That made me so angry because I had respected his beleifs and not speaking my mind. :boom: Oh, and hypocrytes.... Don't get me started. Too many of them in this world... arf
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:43:42 PM by ShadoWolf800 »

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2008, 01:52:56 AM »

Religion in general is a pet peeve be it Athiest, Catholic or other.  I believe that it is the cause of many of the world's problems and that is probably why I am a strong Agnostic, where I can say that there may or may not be a god and I shouldn't know because it is beyond human comprehension.  You could say I am a modern day philosopher.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2008, 03:12:33 AM »
those who don't listen.

(i pretty much came out to my dad today about my entire liking guys and he didn't even listen because he was to buisey talking about dumb drunks that wreck his stuff when he plays out in bars (he's a musician))
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Offline ___

• Origami Guru
  • Racious Racoon
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2008, 03:17:06 AM »
those who don't listen.

(i pretty much came out to my dad today about my entire liking guys and he didn't even listen because he was to buisey talking about dumb drunks that wreck his stuff when he plays out in bars (he's a musician))

Wow... *Pulls out Yuuan*
.....But anyway, I do beleive that relegion DOES cause a lot of the world's problems. But it gives people hope too, so it can't be all bad, right? Oh boy, if my dad found out that I was gay (I'm not, but...) I would be in for it....

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2008, 03:19:25 AM »
(i'm hoping he does't realoze what i said)

those who just like to piss people off.
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Offline Kit Angel

• Optimistic Owl
  • I will be the Guardian Angel to the people i love
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox Demon Aka Kitsune
  • Coloring: Depends upon mood ^w^
  • Height: 5' 8"
  • Weight: 165
  • Build: Lean, with a little muscle
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2008, 03:23:38 AM »
one of my biggest pet peeves are parents who say that they will love you no matter what, but when you tell them that your gay or bi they go Freaking beserk on you   arf pretty much i told my mom she flipped i just gave her the bird and went into my room laughing ^w^
Sometimes even love can hurt, but don't let things get you down, just take them one step at a time in the road that is paved before you because everyone has their speed bumps in life

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 03:34:42 AM »
Extremely ignorant, narrow-minded , religion crazed people.  Hard to get your point across if they just constantly disprove you and shout.
This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.