The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: What would you like to see in a Furry/Anthro-based MMORPG?  (Read 4213 times)

Scyler

Re: What would you like to see in a Furry/Anthro-based MMORPG?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2008, 05:46:05 AM »
Personally, I've never played WoW. So I couldn't begin to tell you. But from what I've heard, it's quite complicated and clunky. Fable has an easier fighting system. Left mouse button is to attack, right is to use magic, and wherever you move the mouse the view of your screen follows. It used the wasd movement methods like Halo does on PC. You can assign different actions to different keys which can make things simpler. I don't think I can describe it much better than that because I haven't played it in about half a year.

One more thing, is this game going to be in more of a medieval time setting or modern to present day?

Offline Blackrend

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black/Red/Orange/Cream
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Slender, but muscular
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2008, 06:34:54 AM »
Personally, I've never played WoW. So I couldn't begin to tell you. But from what I've heard, it's quite complicated and clunky. Fable has an easier fighting system. Left mouse button is to attack, right is to use magic, and wherever you move the mouse the view of your screen follows. It used the wasd movement methods like Halo does on PC. You can assign different actions to different keys which can make things simpler. I don't think I can describe it much better than that because I haven't played it in about half a year.

One more thing, is this game going to be in more of a medieval time setting or modern to present day?

I'd prefer to avoid present-day stuff, since it's a world we already pretty much know about.  I'm thinking more medieval/future/alternate universe.

Also the WoW system WAS very complicated. Too many buttons and spells to organize. =P

Offline Something

• TFF's personal Victim
  • Jovial Jaguar
  • Insert here
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
sorry blackrend a should have explained.

well i think the WoW fighting sytem is boring becuse what you MAINLY do is press a button and wait for the mob to die (but istances is a waaaaaaay diffrent story tho)
and fable fighting system would be good tho
but this is not my game so i should not say anything

ps. Jade empire fighting system ftw!!!

pss.no hard feelings right?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 05:19:39 PM by Fadesshadow »

Offline Blackrend

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Black/Red/Orange/Cream
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 210
  • Build: Slender, but muscular
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 06:31:07 PM »
sorry blackrend a should have explained.

well i think the WoW fighting sytem is boring becuse what you MAINLY do is press a button and wait for the mob to die (but istances is a waaaaaaay diffrent story tho)
and fable fighting system would be good tho
but this is not my game so i should not say anything

ps. Jade empire fighting system ftw!!!

pss.no hard feelings right?

Hehe... No, not at all ^^ 

Scyler

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »
This sounds like it's going to be an AMAZING game. If you ever need ideas, just let us know. Two heads are better than one, but a forum pwns!!!

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2008, 12:49:23 AM »
indeed.

"...and at the end of this you will receive your cake"

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2008, 03:38:15 AM »
sonds epis but... what about a console version for the x-box only crowd? I know you can get keyboard and headsets for all three of the major systems now, and a headset/live audio add on would deffinately add to th social aspect of the game.
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Scyler

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2008, 04:45:54 AM »
sonds epis but... what about a console version for the x-box only crowd? I know you can get keyboard and headsets for all three of the major systems now, and a headset/live audio add on would deffinately add to th social aspect of the game.
Well, a headset could easily be used on a computer and you could talk with others like you would in WoW and other online games. By using Ventrilo. And as for why it probably sounds like a good idea at first to have a console version. It would be much more limited compared to the computer version. Consoles weren't made to handle MMORPG's. Thats why they have a set limit for multiplayer in online games. If everyone playing Halo played on the same game, the lag would be horrible. Computers, however, are now made to handle things such as MMORPGs with ease. While I do think that a console version would be cool, I just don't think it would work out as well as people would hope it would.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 03:18:17 AM by Scyler Swiftclaw »

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 04:27:36 AM »
*skips through page 2*
Cel-shading!!!!!!!!
Cel-shaded games look marvelous, and if the gameplay sucks, at least we've got somethin' to look at.
Oh, and if you've ever played Mabinogi, you should use a system similar to it.  Not the exact thing, but one with similarities...

Offline DarkBall

• Avid Aardvark
  • You cant hear this one acomin
    • Teens Of Revolution - Religous Advice
    • Awards
  • Species: Snaimon
  • Coloring: Green
  • Height: 6'1
  • Weight: 221 pounds
  • Build: Snake
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 02:07:29 PM »
Okay, to my reading, this sounds like a Medieval game, so weapons is important as well, weapons not similar to any other from video games. Now, each sword has requirements, for example, to make a "Wolf Blade" or something to that effect you need Iron bars.etc you go out and kill things til you find it.. Or go to the auction shop or the shops you plan for this game, to be unlike to other games, forging of our own weapons, customize your blade just like player customization, you have blades to choose from and colors.etc then if you have the requirements you can build it.

Player creation needs to have extreme face editing and body editing because I havent seen a game that did that much for it, like a wii mii creator only not as cheap.. Eyes able to be slanted and moved away and closer to each other, nose can be lightly taken up or down, ears can be moved just a tiny bit up or down, mouth can be moved slightly up & down, four different head shapes, things like that.. Body can be taken into height and width, say you want 6'0 wolf and extremely skinny, so you click the height box and put the size you want it and the limit is 4'5 to 6'5. And then you can change body color, theres two tone buttons one is for a part of the furs color, and the other part of course.

Background music can be either MIDI's or MP3's. Midis can work, it needs to be more advanced then "Dun dun dun" and thats it, which I know a entire website who does MIDI requests.  MP3s would have to be small loops size up to 45 sec to the maximum. Or else you can have Nature sound effects like, birds, river sounds, water falls.etc
And of course monsters, would be Humans or evil furrys, i dunno..
Story is the hard one, but I cant make one up now.. My head feels like a air blimp.

I hope this helps you find out what your going to do.  :)                   
 I'll go lay down now.. My head feels like a 1905 outboard motor..  =s

_________________ Dark Ball ___

Scyler

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 02:35:12 PM »
Apparently, you've never used the character creator from the tiger woods games. Those get pretty extensive. I like your idea about having to find certain things to make certain weapons. As for the story, it would have to be original, nothing cliché and boring. Umm, sorry I've got nothing else to add as of now.

Offline Thaddeus Q. Wolfe

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Woo fun fun
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey with a white front
  • Height: 5'-11"
  • Weight: 129
  • Build: thin and toned
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 03:19:57 AM »
what about... what about you are from now, but something happens, and you end up in this wierd dreamstate with every one else, and it is all interactive, and then to keep everything fresh, you have the head of the game (dm or whatever) who puts out new quests and has a huge database of them, and also a log of which characters have gone on wich quest and all (all of it electronic so that there's no stress)
Wow have things changed...

Pets name: Gregor
Adopt your own!

Guest_ThaddeusWolfe on imvu

Offline ST-84 Sahelanthropus

• Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • BetrayerOfNihil
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Nanotech Robot
  • Height: Usually 7ft, up to 50ft
  • Currently: A weapon to surpass... well, everything.
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2008, 10:36:53 AM »
Oh, and if you've ever played Mabinogi, you should use a system similar to it.  Not the exact thing, but one with similarities...

Mabinogi is cool, but I really hate it when my stuff wears down and breaks.

Will this be like a Furry planet like Earth or like Furries on Earth with Humans(In peace)?

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
Okay, to my reading, this sounds like a Medieval game, so weapons is important as well, weapons not similar to any other from video games. Now, each sword has requirements, for example, to make a "Wolf Blade" or something to that effect you need Iron bars.etc you go out and kill things til you find it.. Or go to the auction shop or the shops you plan for this game, to be unlike to other games, forging of our own weapons, customize your blade just like player customization, you have blades to choose from and colors.etc then if you have the requirements you can build it.

Player creation needs to have extreme face editing and body editing because I havent seen a game that did that much for it, like a wii mii creator only not as cheap.. Eyes able to be slanted and moved away and closer to each other, nose can be lightly taken up or down, ears can be moved just a tiny bit up or down, mouth can be moved slightly up & down, four different head shapes, things like that.. Body can be taken into height and width, say you want 6'0 wolf and extremely skinny, so you click the height box and put the size you want it and the limit is 4'5 to 6'5. And then you can change body color, theres two tone buttons one is for a part of the furs color, and the other part of course.

Background music can be either MIDI's or MP3's. Midis can work, it needs to be more advanced then "Dun dun dun" and thats it, which I know a entire website who does MIDI requests.  MP3s would have to be small loops size up to 45 sec to the maximum. Or else you can have Nature sound effects like, birds, river sounds, water falls.etc
And of course monsters, would be Humans or evil furrys, i dunno..
Story is the hard one, but I cant make one up now.. My head feels like a air blimp.

I hope this helps you find out what your going to do.  :)                   
 I'll go lay down now.. My head feels like a 1905 outboard motor..  =s

dude this sounds just like elder scrolls 4 oblivion, really, this sounds almost just like an online version of oblivion, for betrayer, it still could be like oblivion and be in peace, but there might be perdious online (like IRL). also this sounds really cool, we don't have many games where u can be furry, like in shadowrun (the table top RPG) if u want you can make ure cha. a furry

YTFK

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2008, 07:58:50 AM »
somthing kindof diablo based would be cool with an opened and closed server on one you can modify items freely a server mainly designed to be for pvp and another for mainly the story but lots of posibble weapon and armor combos, spells start out few but as you progress you unlock more. open ended like fable with the fishing and just quests, in fact make it posibble to have a quest table of sorts but sprout off into diferent pages for different quests cant realy think of much

This thread is almost 2 months old.
Try not to Necro threads please.
- iKero-chuâ„¢
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 08:29:56 PM by iKero-chuâ„¢ »