The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: lands of legends and fantasy  (Read 23286 times)

Offline Youngbull

• Gregarious Gnu
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Lord of the Darkness...
    • youngbull.net!
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf (Canis Lupus)
  • Coloring: black fur, honey-blonde hair.
  • Height: 170,3cm.
  • Weight: in kilos: ca. 70kg last measure: 67.9kg
  • Build: strong, attractive, slightly muscular
lands of legends and fantasy
« on: January 09, 2007, 12:10:57 AM »
this RP is not about following a set and strict storyline, it is about making the most of what you got, it is set in a barbaric time and world, mostly unknown to all but those who travels its unknown territories, i encourage use of imagination to make various NPC's and challenges for yourself or others. imagination under the frame of some sense and comprehention of coarse. weaponry is set to medieval time weapon types, melee, ranged, early engineering products, -like gunpowder cannons, maybe newer weps if i allow it(PM me asking if it's ok to use it), etc- (NO ALIEN TECH), and various forms of magic, including the divine kinds.

the explored areas are as such:

seahaven, an old small fisherman- and seatrade village in the north, it's coast goes in a halfcircle ending in two pointy peninsulas, the people here is very openminded, and usually will accept people of all shapes and sizes, as they may prove useful in trade. either as traders, sellers or buyers, buyers esspecially. the people here is very cunning and will likely try and make you pay more than you should, or take payment for services, however small and insignificant. the woods around the village is sometimes filled with monsterous beasts that is hunted and treasured for their skin.
the peninsula's gap points against north and far stretches of sea before new land, the land of the furrs. and to the south lies the lands of adventure. to the east into the land lies another village, if you go far enough to the east there will be a way to get to the furry lands by land.

to the east of seahaven lies an old civilization, where the main village is called dretark. here lives a very barbaric human race, that can prove troublesome to furries, if done right they can be pursuaded into valued merchanaries, due to their skills in melee and ranged. a few exelles as shamanic magicwielders, these are to be warned of, each holding a tremendous magic strenght, these -often elders- shamans rarely leaves the villages exept for going to one of the other villages under their rule, they worships the spirits of the earth. the leader is a great warrior with a foot within shamanism as well his name is warchief harrok and dislikes outsiders. here there is spoken of great legends of men killing the tainted and vile dragons living in the mountains around them. tainted beyond cure, lost to madness and lost for the remaining dragon lineage.

to the west of seahaven there is a land of great and legendary kings, with big and beutifully constructed citys and towns where the capitol is named Thrinnshield after a long dead legendary king. said to have built the beginning of the city with his bare hands, and was an exelled swordsman in his time, bested by non. the recent ruler is king mikan. here they look at furrys as some sort of decease. exept for the wizzards living across this land, who knows far better, some being so exelled in the magic arts that they can almost breach through and commune with their god, Ghloir, the god of creation and magic, honed by most of those humans living in this part of the world

across the sea to the north lays the land of furrs, where many a village is spread across the lands rich and various terrains, the only village worth mentioning is that of the kind and caring furries of fairmoon that mostly worships the suns and moons passing.they are a people of various kins and mixkins, each as devoted to make life easier for eachother as the next. thus resulting in a harmonic place to live. here you may be overwhelmingly well met, but don't get fooled, 'there's allways a few black sheeps in every herd', smeone whos intentions are not as pure and harmonic as the others, most of these are found and chased out in an early age, but some develop this view on life later in life and then allready knows how to stay hidden.

begin as you wish, you can be good or evil, just try not to use too rough language and dont harrass others. just have fun exploring and stay within some manner of reasonable posting.
This shadow inside me, growing out of control, merging, scorching, pulling me in. Strangely enough, i don't resist, i'v been here before."

Youngbull.
my art:
http://www.youngbull.net
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/youngbull/
art topic: http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=4659.0
my IMVU homepage: http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?av=Youngbull

Offline Youngbull

• Gregarious Gnu
    • youngbull.net!
    • Awards
Re: lands of legends and fantasy
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 01:04:26 AM »
(here we go, starts it off)
a longboat sails in between the two peninsulas leading to the village off seahaven. the sail flailed and scarred with a terrifying dragon head in the front, most of the ship hints to it having been a long time under water, and in fact it had been, raised by Fjord, the arriving traveler's god of the sea to make the journey to the unexplored lands, on mission from his lead god Odin, wanting to see what the world has to offer.
the longboat starts to close up on the shallow shores at the docks. hitting land but in the same way as it was a small rowboat.
a dark shade starts to move to the front of the ship, almost set the second foot in the soft grass on the ground, leaving a little pawprint in the dirt,
before a man comes over asking if he should secure the ship to the dock.
the dark looks at the middleaged man for a few seconds through the space between the hat and the coat. allmost completely concealing himself from others sight, before he raises his gaze to answer.
"tie it well, it will be here for a long time. and here's a bit for the trouble."
drops 4 gold coins into the mans right hand, which swiftly disappears into his pocket.
"thank you kind sir" the man said in a bowing manner before running after some strong ropes to tie the ship with.

the dark figure walks toward the village seeking the ones selling food to travelers, feeling the stomach aching, too hungry to hunt the food himself. he finally finds the shop he's looking for, the local butcher, buying some fine meat, then goes to the baker and the women selling different kinds of fruits. he stuffs everything in a little bag he carries on the inside of the dark leathery longcoat, and goes looking for a dark place.
he arrives at a stable on the brake of night, walking into a dark shadow in a corner of the stable.
suddenly stands in a landscape of shadows and darkness that would scorch the flesh off him had it not been his own realm, the realm of darkness and shadows, a safe haven for the stranger to rest and recoup in, and a almost endless space to store things he would need later, safe, guarded by a curse that would scorch to death any intruder. and a place used for long distance traveling within sight, through the shadows. he finds a coach he had gotten a long time ago, that he uses for comfortable sleeping when alone. he takes the coat off to reveal his dark black fur. lays down on the coach, pulling the coat over himself and rests head on the soft leather hat. showing clearly his wolf features,
falling asleep.

from inside the stable the shadow had returned to its dull transparent normality. not revieling any sign of being used as a portal between realities.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:28:26 PM by Youngbull »
This shadow inside me, growing out of control, merging, scorching, pulling me in. Strangely enough, i don't resist, i'v been here before."

Youngbull.
my art:

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:15:15 AM »
*~The dragoness swiftly landed on the shores at place the bore a weathered wooden sign saying, "Welcome to Seahaven!" She adjusted the golden cuffs that clung to her wrists, pulled her black, tattered long coat into order, unwrinkled her black corset-type shirt, and made sure that her tattered black shorts were tied tightly around her waist. She hoped that this wasn't another place that was overrun by humans and that prosecuted you because you seemed different. She reched under her long coat and fished out a small, black velvet bag and loosened the draw string that held it closed. She counted out how many gold pieces she had. One thousand five hundred, exact. She'd only grabbed a small portion from her stash that she kept hidden in the mountains. After she was sure that everyone of her black scales were in order, she headed out to the heart of the town. A dark figure caught her eye; it was wolfish, and it perked her curiousity. Her eyes brightened with a morbid, mistified wonder. She followed him at a close distance to a barn, but stopped when he entered... She looked through the partially opened door, where she saw the mystical being disappear into a portal of some sort... She was amazed and speechless at what she had just witnessed... When she was sure he was gone, she cautiosly entered the barn and made a cozy spot in an empty stall to rest. After all, her flight to Seahaven was rather exausting.~*

Offline Tinkerbelle0032

• Hell Kistune
  • Influential Ibex
  • I love you SchizmWolf !
    • Awards
  • Species: Hell Kistune/shade/Tinmberwolf/Anbius/and Fox
  • Coloring: Black and Red...Depends on what species, She is mainly Hell Kistune though
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 95 pounds
  • Build: I say shes very strong
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:09:23 AM »
After Hours and hours of traveling Tinker stopped to fluff back her fur that had gotten ratted and tangly from her running so much, Her eyes were brought to her attention on a sighn of a town in the near distance,because the short distance she carried on running till she got to a barn that she could stop and redress as a normal human being. She walked inside a barn that seemed quite a bit rusty and old,When she got there She was to tired to look for anyone, She tucked it her black tail and smoothed her fur to a silk flesh like texture. Then she walked in the barn took a bale of hay Out from the corrner and unwrapped it into soft bedding for the night, She put her gold under her hay and hoped she could get up before anyone else could find her. She looked around before swiftly noticing 2 black paw/feet figures in the next stall, she just sighed and told herself it was just her tired brain making her imagne strange figures. She glanced outside as the sun faded into the western horizon and noticed a bigboat tied to the dock, She would explore all of "Seahaven" tomarrow after she got some rest for the night. "Today was exausting,and My legs hurt from my running.." She said to herself as she blinked and suddely she was in a deep sleep....
Me and my Mate! SchizmWolf! I love you!!!
We stand United as one, All Furry's together, We can make it through.
I Always Imagine Your Gentle Touch
If Only You Knew I Felt This Much
Not Being With You I'm Falling Apart
Cuz I Don't Know How To Get To Your Heart
If You Could Only See The Luv In My Eyes
Of All Those Nights I Sat And Cried
Just Look At Me I'm Standing Here
Just Call Out My Name And I'll Be There
How Long The Wait, I Don't Know
When That Day Comes I'll Let It Show
If Only You Knew My Feelings For You
I'll Stay Hopeful You'll Feel The Same Way Too
..:::My feelings for You:::..
My heart flutters,
My hands shake,
My feelings for you
are beyond heaven's gate,
Those feelings I have for
you are pure,
This I know for sure.
Without you I am incomplete,
Because your love for me is so sweet!!

Offline Youngbull

• Gregarious Gnu
    • youngbull.net!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 06:42:55 AM »
the dark-furred wolf stretches so several joints cracks, arising from his slumber, dresses back i his dark clothing. and takes a quick check of his moneybag, and sees he is running short, goes to his storage of gold coins and refills the bag before opening a portal back out to the stable.

threading out of the biggest shadow in the room putting both feet on the soft soil of dirt.  the shadow returning to its dull transparent state. he senses the presence of two souls in deep slumber, out of curiosity he changes his shape into that of a pitch-black raven. takes to his wings and sits down on a shelf overwieving the two newcomers, observing them in their sleep, waiting for them to wake up.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:34:12 PM by Youngbull »

Youngbull.
my art:

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 12:24:41 PM »
*~Nyx sat up quickly and alert, and at a loss for breath. She suckeed in sweet air and looked around... She stood up and stretched her wings, as she realized the only other presences were a dozing cat and a peculiar raven...~*

Offline Youngbull

• Gregarious Gnu
    • youngbull.net!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 05:08:37 PM »
the raven cocked his head staring at the strange scaled creature, looked at her with a penetrating gaze through his pitch-black orbs of true sight, taking in all interesting facts he came over, reading her every vein, observing the strong flow of magic running through every artery, pulsating inside of her chest
(note: cant be used to see under clothing, only to read auras and stuff :))

after he was satisfied with the information drawn from the scaled one the raven lets out a loud "Hraaa!" seemingly baring strong on a sudden northern gust passing all to conveniently.
he then spreads his majestic wings and soars to a shelf on the other side of the stable, makes a couple hops to turn around. cocking its head to the left then to the right, trying to fix it's gaze on the sleeping feline in the hay below. knowing he would have to wait for her soul to return from its playful trip to the other world to study her.
(aka dreaming :umm:)
"Hraa!"
he shakes his feathery body and starts to clean the feathers with the beak to pass time.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:36:25 PM by Youngbull »

Youngbull.
my art:

Offline Rhakshi

• Feudal Lord of the Warzone
  • Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther
  • Coloring: black, kind of grey
  • Height: 5'11
  • Weight: 132
  • Build: Slim, agile,
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
I was bored so I thought i'd join this one as well

outside the barn was a stranger. Looking inside the barn he eyed all the creatures inside of it.  He knew what he was sent there to do, maybe not why, but none the less. out of his quiver he drew an arrow. Placed it on the bow, and aimed. Carefully using his senses he aimed, at one point he could hear the dragonesses heart beat as he readied the shot.
don't get mad get sadistic
on "imvu" I am Rhakshi. How original                        
and heres the link for you lazy bums out there
http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=5238336

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »
*~She looked, eye to eye at the raven and replied, "And a Hrahh! To you too!" The great black wyrm lazily stretched her arms and legs. She stood up and looked about when she saw a feline-type-man standing outside with and arrow drawn back, prepared to shoot. Instinctively, she whispered a few draconic words and a black aurora engulfed the arrow, snapping it in two. "I think not..." She said with a piercing gaze.~*

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 09:43:18 PM »
"damn" He then got out 2 different arrows and shot them.

Offline Tinkerbelle0032

• Hell Kistune
  • Influential Ibex
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Black and Red...Depends on what species, She is mainly Hell Kistune though
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 09:47:55 PM »
Tinker awoke in the sense of the 2 strangers and shot up like a rocket at the arrow coming twaaroad the dragon/like creature that stood in shock as she stared at the stanger out the barn, she smoothed the hay that was stuck in her fur.Tinker plucked all her gold off the hay and stuck it in the pouch,then swiftly into the pocket in the jacket.She hissed at the stanger outside then walked into a torn stall in the way of the dragon and under the perch of the little black raven.She was staring at the dragon with a sleepy stair, then looked at the figure that had cast the spell, that was nice the said in a scratchy voice as she got down on all fours, just as swiftly as a cat could prance, she walked over to the door looked back at everyone,and said four last words before she went to explore.."Good Luck with him" she smiled then bit the mans ankle that tried to shot the dragon, then pranced off to go explore Seahaven.
My heart flutters,
My hands shake,
My feelings for you
you are pure,
This I know for sure.

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 09:49:59 PM »
there are 2 other arrows flying around just to tell you

Offline Tinkerbelle0032

• Hell Kistune
  • Influential Ibex
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 09:53:03 PM »
 After I left..... ^_^V
My heart flutters,
My hands shake,
My feelings for you
you are pure,
This I know for sure.

Offline Youngbull

• Gregarious Gnu
    • youngbull.net!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »
"HRAA!!" swoops down and snatches the 2 arrows in mid air, landing on the ground behind the catlike creature with no fur and with no warning starts to change into a wolf, fur as dark as the ravens feathers, and the same empty black orbs as eyes.
drops the arrows and charges against the new feline. knocking him down on his back and sits on top of his chest growling angrishly at his face.

Youngbull.
my art:

Offline Rhakshi

• Racious Racoon
  • huzzah!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 09:54:30 PM »
The two arrows had reformed and took flight towards his attackers. They were enchanted