The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Sonic and the Secret Rings...  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Sonic and the Secret Rings...
« on: June 15, 2008, 04:51:03 PM »
I'm asking for those have played it and their opinions on it. I have recently beaten it's normal and "hidden" modes, but have not unlocked everything.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
Re: Sonic and the Secret Rings...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 05:55:24 PM »
(I've had it for quite a long time, but I still go back to it now and again)
Although it's nowhere nearly as good as the 2D games or the two Adventure games on DC and GCN, Secret Rings is the best 3D Sonic game of recent years (although Unleashed may change that), having only minor issues with it.
Firstly, it's flaws: The only real issues I've ever had with it is the backtracking (camera and control), although I've grown used to it. A few abilities you can give Sonic can make him very hard to control and some of the missions can be very unforgiving if you don't have the right abilities equipped, but these are all fairly minor. Multiplayer has its highs and lows, but considering that this isn't a party game, you can't complain.
The story, style, unlockables, extras and 'feel' of the game are all handled well, as is (for a change) the voice acting. We may not have any of the original voice actors anymore, but the new ones are improving...
I overall rate Secret Rings rather highly...even if I'd rather pop a demo of Unleashed or SA2B into my Wii sometimes...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 09:22:30 PM »
I'd give this Sonic an overall good rating, my major concern is that the scenes show as a "book" most of the time, with the intro and the ending being as I feel on how they should've set the scenes up in the first place.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 02:42:54 AM »
I've been debating on getting this..
<<
>>

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 05:01:28 AM »
Well, be ready for a change of pace for Sonic, along with whole new controls.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »
I refuse to play any sonic after the first one the dreamcast which I feel was the last good sonic. Maybe if the sega team learns how to make a good game I'll try another. Also for the love of all thats holy no more characters or goofy storylines, I just want a good, fast paced platformer like the old days. I mean thats what Nintendo did with mario and look how well they have done.

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 06:03:45 PM »
I refuse to play any sonic after the first one the dreamcast which I feel was the last good sonic. Maybe if the sega team learns how to make a good game I'll try another. Also for the love of all thats holy no more characters or goofy storylines, I just want a good, fast paced platformer like the old days. I mean thats what Nintendo did with mario and look how well they have done.
Hopefully Sonic Unleashed will return us to the glory days...although had Sega just made Sonic Adventure 3 instead of Sonic Heroes and stopped making up too many new characters (Silver and Mephiles,  that means you!) all that time ago, the series wouldn't be in such a mess...(Then again, the handheld ones have been okay/good...)
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.