The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Eat Your Heart Out II: Nightmare  (Read 3572 times)

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
Eat Your Heart Out II: Nightmare
« on: June 08, 2008, 05:08:33 PM »
(Part 2 of Eat Your Heart Out. Same rules, terms, conditions and history of characters apply, although new people can join too. This was created with Miayuki Isumi's permission)
Everyone just stood there in front of the TV store, transfixed by what horrors were shown as channel by channel faded into static. As the last channel displaying the emergency broadcast faded from view, Flames spoke up, breaking the cold silence: "It seems this nightmare has only just begun..."

People everwhere around the world were suddenly falling under influence of the disease they had fought against so hard. It had mutated once more, leaving countless different variations of the disease, ranging from the common original version all the way up to the thankfully quite rare Sorrow Beast strain. Judging by what had happened to the people in the broadcast, almost all of the US was taken over and it was rapidly spreading to the other continents.
The wind picked up even more as dark and forbidding clouds blocked the sky from view. Rumbling was heard in the distance as thunderclouds threw bolts of lightning at towns in the distance, signs of far more fierce winds and torrential rain evident on the horizon.
Indeed, the nightmare had just begun...
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
Re: Eat Your Heart Out II: Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 06:05:07 PM »
The images on the screen faded, and Samantha turned away, a tear racing down her face. She turned to flames and sighed. "Will it ever stop? My grandchild is affected and you're bound to be as well."
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Soryu/Miayuki Isumi

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Avi thanks to the lovely Silnat at furaffinity.
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Raichu
  • Coloring: Yellow
  • Height: 6'0
  • Weight: 160lb
  • Build: Athletic
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »
Isabella sighed "If it wasn't for me Flames you, Grandma and everyone else could have escaped alive but now thanks to me your stuck here in a living nightmare that used to be our home and even worse over time the virus mutates things can only get worse" she added looking down tears welling up in her eyes once more "I am so so sorry please forgive me flames, sam, grandfather and everyone..."
My dear there is no danger
Can't you see they turn blind eyes
To we swift and spotlight strangers?
Oh before the rush is over
We will be revered again
While the victims still recover
Oh,
Are we running toward death?
I have met him times before
He adores us like the rest
Oh even if we're discovered
Just be sure to wear your best
We will surely make the covers

I am a Hermaphrodite and proud of it!

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:24:25 PM »
"Snap out of it." Flames said in an odd tone that was forceful but not harsh or demading. "This isn't about the past or who's too blame." Flames turned around to look everyone in the eye before continuing: "Right now we have to all work together and hope. If we believe that we can make it through this and erase this plague...we can do all that and more..." He paused, a strange look in his eyes as he glanced at the stormy clouds above. "The world needs us right now and we need each other. We were able to remove the disease from this area, despite the powerful Sorrow Beast that attacked us...What is there that can stop us from doing the same to the rest of the world if we put our hearts into it? We gotta live a life free of regret if we are to enjoy it to its full, right?"
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »
She sighed once more, walking over to envelope her beautiful granddaughter in a firm hug. She murmured encouragement gently as she stroked her hair. "I think maybe another few days before we go gallanting off to save the world is needed, nein?"
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »
The soldier, still tagging along, shrugged. "Well, seeing as this whole thing is shaping up to be a Stephen King novel, I say we grab a plane and book it to Maine." Sarcasm, he had found, was an excellent coping mechanism. And once he was through with the sarcasm, he often had a good idea or two. "At the very least I could use a new filter or two for my gas mask. And a bigger gun. And some C4. I'll be right back."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 11:06:05 PM »
"Fine. Take your time...!" She replied, stroking the child's hair. "I don't blame you for what happened.
Your Worst Nightmare

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 11:07:44 PM »
She whimpered lightly "But Flames almost died because of me... Do you think I should really even be near you guys any more?" she asked whining now she was scared and that was obvious but in her grandmothers arms she felt better.
We will be revered again
Oh,

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »
She shook her head, purring softly. "No sweetie. You need to stay with us. You worry us more when you're gone than when you're within sight." Her fingers were gentle in her hair.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 04:01:42 AM »
Daisuke pushed to the front of the row...  Silent for a minute....
A shadow covered his eyes...
"It's a game...." He said... "All this is... is God's past time.."

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »
She turned swiftly, steeling herself, eyes cold. "Oh, really? I wouldn't have thought of that on my own. Thanks for the insight." She growled, puffing her hair out of her face.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 03:43:36 PM »
Flames remained oddly silent, his mind a raging sea of emotion, thoughts, ideas, plans and newly found knowledge; all kept hidden away with his cool exterior, only his eyes showing the chaos inside. He had learnt a lot about himself, who he was, who he had been and what his purpose was when he had died...but none of that mattered. The problems of the people around him, and those of the world, were more important...
"Isabella..." Flames said suddenly in that same eerily calm yet emotive tone as before. "Because of you I actually got a life to replace the grey husk of a person I once was, with nothing to tie me to this world...Because of you we managed to purgue this area from the disease and give everybody hope...When we used Spirit Unity, I took a glimpse at what you were like inside and was stunned. You have the power and will to be the one we need...When we fought off the infected ones together, we were using your Ki, skill and reflexes, not mine. You have so much potential and a strong heart to go with it..."
At this he paused before sighing and addressing everyone else in a slightly louder voice: "If we are to survive this Hellish game that we have been challenged to, we need to work together and respect one another, as we'll have to put our lives into each other's hands time and time again...I believe that we should take a few days off to recover, get acquainted and prepare for the task ahead of us, but I'm open to suggestions..."

• Ravin' Furry
  • Avid Aardvark
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 06:54:33 PM »
Isabella frowned and looked down once more "Yes potential I highly doubt I will ever tap"  she shivered as she heard the other voice and got closer to flames purring knowing she was in his arms but shaking out of fear. "Why did this all have to come to be."

A figure stepped from the shadows now closer to the group taking three or four steps forward her features were apparent although she wore what looked like a traditional ninja mask and her icy blue bangs dipped past her left eye. She now crossed her arms over her chest "Everything happens for a reason that is what destiny means and frankly this is ours" she motioned the the ruins around them "Now then there is one way out... a crack in the wall they raised at the far side of town meaning our only hope in this hell to get out now then are you people with me?"
We will be revered again
Oh,

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 06:58:23 PM »
Her cold eyes scanned the room and she sat down, exhausted.
Your Worst Nightmare

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 09:40:23 PM »
A handful of shots ring out, and a few moments later a SWAT van pulls up with the soldier inside. He hops out and walks back over to the electronics store, watching the TV's. "Alright, so has anybody heard about any safe zones, or military bases, or something we can get to?" He turns to the shadowy figure. "What, we've got a ninja now?"