The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Mist - Hell on Earth (based off Stephen King's novella of the same name)  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Terry_Lane

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Don't mess with me
    • Awards
  • Species: Grey wolf
  • Coloring: Light grey fur
  • Height: 1.74 metres
  • Weight: 45
  • Build: Medium
The morning after a violent thunderstorm, a thick unnatural mist quickly spreads across the small town of Bridgton, Maine, reducing visibility to near-zero and concealing numerous species of bizarre creatures which viciously attack any human who ventures out into the open. The source of the fog and its inhabitants is never revealed, but strong allusions are made to an inter-dimensional rift caused by something known second-hand to the townsfolk as "The Arrowhead Project," long rumored to be conducted at a nearby top-secret military facility.

The mist traps a large group of people while shopping in the town supermarket. The first few attempts to escape from the mist and to relative safety result in their numbers dwindling every time they send out an escape party. The supermarket isn't big, only about half the size of a regulation football field, but it holds supplies enough to last the survivors several weeks until help arrives. However, medical supplies are dwindling and the only way to get them is to head to a nearby pharmacy. The supermarket is powered by a generator at the back, an old rusty diesel generator.

The mist, besides allowing monsters from other dimensions to enter our world, also does something strange to the survivors who come into contact with it and survive. The mist changes their genetic and physical structure, turning them into half-animal, half-human mutants. Most of the supermarket has been transformed into these things. Only a handful of pure humans remain, but they are still vulnerable to psychological trauma as well as physical hurt. The changed people retain their sanity and memories, but gain the innate physical abilities of the animals they change into.

Just before all communications to and from Bridgton were lost, a survivor picked up a radio signal from the military, stating that they would be moving in to evacuate the town ASAP. The survivors have to hold on to their last vestige of hope and live to face tomorrow.

okay, now all the details i need are :

Name :
Clothes :
Build :
Height :
Weight :
Additional Details :

here's mine :

Name : Carlos Jackson
Species : Red Panda
Clothes : Black long-sleeved tanktop, navy blue denim jeans, black and red sneakers. Black cut-off gloves on his hands.
Build : Medium muscular
Height : 5'8"
Weight :99 pounds
Additional Details : Silver ring on right ear.

i'll start it off when i get more folks to join.

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
(The mist is one of my favorite of his stories, I have the story, the movie and the 3-D Audio CD for it as well.)

Name : Tezztor
Species : Raptor
Clothes : Military Camo (I think they are called BDUs or something like that)
Build : Athletic
Height : 6'7
Weight : 231lbs
Additional Details : Member of the military's arrowhead project

Offline flames

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online
  • $ cat /dev/urandom | hd
    • Fur Affinity
    • Hokaze's Place
    • Awards
  • Currently: Alive...
(This sounds good, may I join?)
Name: Raitto Zeinzu. but everyone knows him as 'Flames'.
Species: Some variation of a fox.
Clothes: Comfortable, slightly baggy trousers and thick gloves he refuses to take off.
Build: Rather athletic and very light.
Height: About 5'7
Weight: About 7 and a half stone (I'll find it out in lbs)
Additional details: An odd teenager who was visiting his relatives. Little is known about him besides his odd manner. There are multiple scars on his torso, some new and some old.
The farewell was premature. My definite stay is not definite. The constants are variable. The greeting was too late.

Offline Dr. Strange

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 10 Poster
  • "Break free of your chains and quell in fear"
    • Q @ FurAffinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline-lupine hybrid with wings
  • Coloring: red and black
  • Height: 5'4
  • Weight: 126
  • Build: average
(Never read it. I hope to find it somewhere in the library, maybe)
Name : Syracuse Ambrose
Species : Lycan
Clothes : A pair of khaki cargo shorts
Build : Athletic in human form and muscular in animal
Height : 5'4 (human) 6'11 (lycan)
Weight : 119, 225
Additional Details : With crimson paws, ears, tail tip, and stomach; Syracuse is easy to spot. Her midnight fur is difficult to see in the dark and makes her one of a rare breed being hunted in her old country. She moved to Bridgton, Maine to escape some of the more brutal predators. A few pale blue scars resembling knife strikes seem to glow along her back. She doesn't remember who she was before. In human form, her red fur becomes freckles and her long, wavy brown hair hides most of her face. Deep green eyes full of despair glance out from behind her bangs when her hair blows to one side. Her nails are almost always black.
I go by many names; Mistress of the Abandoned; King of the Shattered; Duchess of the Damned; Nightcatcher; and Dreamwatcher.
but I am untamed and therefor
Your Worst Nightmare
~~Dr. Stitches "Sahara" Strange~~ experiment from D13 -------->
Pet's name: A734RF50G
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Arke

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Golden Retriever
  • Coloring: Golden :P
  • Height: 5' 7"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Lanky
Name: David Bowman
Species: Timberwolf
Clothes: A muddy woodland camo jacket and jeans, and a pair of goggles he took from his Paintball mask, which no longer fits him anyway.
Build: Thin
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 124 pounds
Additional Details: He carries a Tippmann 98 custom, modified of course, a shotgun he found while running to the supermarket, and a paperback copy of Stephen Kings Dark Tower V, Wolves of the Calla, being a tremendous fan of the author and his work. He moved to Maine mostly to be closer to him, and has seen him on a handful of occasions.

Offline Devault

• Boisterous Bear
  • Loves Touhou
    • Clicky here!
    • Awards
  • Species: Lynx
  • Coloring: gray and brown
  • Height: five foot eight
  • Weight: around 150
  • Build: slightly toned, not much
Guess you can count me in, I'm a Steven King fanatic XP Never read this one though, so it's gonna be good.

Name: Devault
Species:Lynx
Clothes: aqua blue button-up overshirt with a beach scene at the bottom (unbuttoned), plain cream shirt beneath it that's a few sizes too large so it covers his paws, a denim jacket tied around his waist, gray cargos with drawstrings for the waist hanging out over the tied jacket, and bland teal shoes.
Build: not quite emaciated, but unhealthily thin
Height:5'9"
Weight:115 lbs
Additional notes: Slightly obsequious at times, but has a determination of his own and tends to take responsibility for things. Also has a tendency towards paranoia. Nothing visible on him, but there are no guarantees he isn't hiding anything :P
Comments are like chocolate donuts to writers :3

Is working on: Raven's hollow ( http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=5481.0 )
Is editing: Higurashi manga, Measkashi-hen

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: brown bear
  • Coloring: dark brown colored fur.
  • Height: 7'1"
  • Weight: 480
  • Build: stocky
(dude i don't think the rp is open terry hasn't been on in forever)

name: ghost
species: (on side bar)
physical disc: (on side bar)
clothes: green and white camo pants, white 3/4 shirt with a green T on it

Offline Terry_Lane

• Avid Aardvark
  • Don't mess with me
    • Awards
(Who says? Well, since I'm back here I might as well set the ball rolling.)

Carlos stood next to the cold racks of the supermarket, holding a cold can of apple juice in his paw. He'd been stuck in the supermarket when his parents sent him off to do buy some stuff for a trip to New York to visit a few of his rich relatives that were working there. He's just approached the supermarket just as the strange mist rolled in. He'd breathed in a few breaths as he ran for the cover of the building as other people around him panicked and ran for the same building, some stumbling and falling, eventually becoming food for the things that lurked in the mist itself.

A semblance of order had been gained in the supermarket. A few of the locals were at work fortifying the entrances to the market while the other shoppers milled about here and there, trying to spend their time without thinking about what lay in the mist.

He sighed and sipped from his can, his fluffy tail swinging idly by his side. He wondered what became of his parents down near the lake. He would check on them after the mist dissipated, it was too dangerous to go out alone.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
(srry man, it's cool to see ya back i havn't seen ya in forever, are ya gonna set up team furtress 2 soon)

ghost looked distanefully at the military man near her, he was trapped here just like the rest of them, why should he be able to tell us what to do, she looked at the can, and was contemplating wheather or not she would listen to him or stuff it in his face. "i didn't knock it over" she settled with that. she could fly out, or phase out, but what about the others, thease people were her old friends. she had left when she was young, but before she left some of thease people had been her friends, it killed her to look at the crazy people here.

Offline Terry_Lane

• Avid Aardvark
  • Don't mess with me
    • Awards
(Dude, this is not Half Life 2. There are no such things as shock sticks in here. Tazers, maybe.)

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
"no" ghost said icily walking away, now she understood what her brother used to talk about, treat with respect to get respect. she sighed and flew up to a top shelf in the market and took off some of the metal, then flew over to a side entrance and used her powrs to help barricade the door, the creatures in the mist were very weird, and scary.

Offline Devault

• Boisterous Bear
  • Loves Touhou
    • Clicky here!
    • Awards
Devault had been sitting in the back corner of the supermarket the entire time the mist had been there, and had never really moved. He'd heard arguements, he'd heard orders being shouted, but nothing seemed to phase him. It was lik ehe was in his own little world, a world filled with nothing. For the first time in a while, he groaned and stood up, looking behind him and seeing the employees only sign on the door he'd been leaning against. Well, he was sure employees, if there were any here, wouldn't bother him if he went there anyways.

He turned his attention towards the front of the supermarket, his emaciated frame seeming to shake from the very effort of simple walking. Sure enough, there had been another arguement, apparently over a dropped can. Sheesh, people just needed to calm down, it was pure idiocy just to fight amongst themslves in ehre... Hadn't they seen any horror flicks?

Just like before, he stood there leaning against a shelf, just watching.

Is working on: Raven's hollow ( http://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=5481.0 )

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
ghost came down from the back and looked around, mabey she could find a radio and call for help, even the mist couldn't stand up to hundreds of tanks, the town would be saved, she stood there day dreaming for a little while longer, feeling silly for still beliving that the best outcome would always happen, somethings were left to chance, like being stuck here, she sighed and looked around, fingering her sword, totaly conciled, she always had it, but the monsters in the mist were to fast and strong for it to be much use. she sighed again

Offline Devault

• Boisterous Bear
  • Loves Touhou
    • Clicky here!
    • Awards
Devault grimaced as he saw the creatuer in front of him, wondering if it was some kind of ghost. IT was strange, whatever it was, and he had to look away for a bit. When offered a gas mask by the stoic yet overreacting man, he brushed is away slowly, his paw hopefully not knocking it to the ground. He didn't want to get yelled at and pointed at with some tqazer stick, or whatever it was called. He just needed to stay back, stay out of arguements, and wiat this out. So far, throughout the entire ordeal, he had said nothing, and simply waited for something to happen.

Offline PhantomStone

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
ghost looked over at the human who was rude to her, she swallowed her pride, a feat in itslf (she has hubris) and walked over to the human "i apoligse for not listening to ou, we are all here in the same perdicament, and tensions are taught" she said nodding and looking at th lynx "good day" she nodded