The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Nature's Return  (Read 9401 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Nature's Return
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:46:26 AM »
Hope everyone enjoys this RP. I had to think for a while before I could come up with a topic, then I thought of something I watched on the Discovery channel, and this is what became of it.

-Information that needs to be provided-
Name:
Origin (previous human, one of nature's secrets, other):
Species/Race:
Home:
Brief back story:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story description: After humanity's foolishness, nature stepped in and took life from that which had abused her, and all those that could of the remaining humans fused themselves with the animals, for that was the only hope of survival...

Nature had some secrets man wasn't meant to find...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now, I'll begin.

Name: Mai.
Origin (previous human, one of nature's secrets, other): Previous human.
Species/Race: Arctic wolf/silver wolf.
Home: She's a wanderer, but she mainly stays in the Americas, particularly North America.
Brief back story: She used to be a human, a scientist actually. They had been doing different tests based on things they discovered in or about nature but only select people knew what a certain test was. She had been studying animal genes and how to modify them to change traits in animals...but she hadn't known that what she was researching would change her life forever. She was asked to be a test subject for one of the tests, and she said yes. The test was performed and, gradually, she started turning into animal (except she could walk on two feet and still had human hair which just changed color and she could still wear clothes, if she wanted). Apparently, the test had been a successed for the one who had conducted it, but now she was looked at somewhat like a freak in most cases, except for by the people who made her that way. Just a week after her transformation was complete...the existence of the human race ended and nature took the world back. She has grown tough, strong, and vigilant over the time that has passed.

She wandered around through the dense forest that once was New York City, walking on two feet just like she would if she was still fully human. She surveyed her surroundings with all her senses as she moved quietly. She had grown more grateful that that test had been performed on her over time. If it hadn't been, then she'd probably be dead right now. She heard a snap to her right and quickly turned to see what it was. "Just a rabbit..." She mumbled to herself as it hopped off. She didn't need to hunt it down since she had already filled up on a deer. She turned back in the direction she had been going and continued to move on quietly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 01:48:29 AM by VeeSmith »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
Re: Nature's Return
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 01:53:27 AM »
( Heh watched that what would happen to Earth once humans left? I did.)
(also can you give me a brief example of nature's secret?)

This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

Offline Paxari

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • He watches lurking beneath the sea
    • Awards
  • Species: Ogre Magi
  • Coloring: Black skin, White hair, White horns
  • Height: 12'1
  • Weight: 987 LBS
  • Build: Buff
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »
Name:Paxari
Origin (previous human, one of nature's secrets, other): One of natures secrets
Species/Race:Ogre magi
Home:none
Brief back story:As one of the few left of his kind, he took all the lore that he could receive from nature (contact me for the secrets) his great crimson cloak donned around him, he went and sought out survivors.

Atop a great building he stood, his great robe flowing like blood spilt upon a sacrificial alter, his gaze took to the form of one of the humans experiments, a wolf hybrid. As he silently stepped off the drop of 3,000yards his form dissipated taking on his gaseous form for 1,000yrds, he calmly re assumed his corporeal form and fell silently to the forest floor.    
The Oriental Expedition: Paxari, Ogre Magi

My mind has changed, My strength has not!
-Kamahl, Pit Fighter

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 02:12:14 AM »
(haha, yes, I did. if you wanna know about what the nature's secrets are, write a private message to Paxari.)

She felt a disturbance in the forest, but when she turned in a full circle to see what it was, she couldn't spot anything within her range of site. Could be behind some trees... She thought to herself. But she wasn't taking any chances looking for something when she didn't know what it was or anything about it. She didn't want to be caught standing still, but it was likely that she could be caught if she ran too. She began to walk slowly and still just as quietly through the forest in the same direction she was going before. She would run only if it was completely necessary.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:32:59 AM by VeeSmith »

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Somebody

• Racious Racoon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 100 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 02:17:33 AM »
Name: Tezztor
Origin (previous human, one of nature's secrets, other): One of Nature's secrets.
Species/Race: Raptor/Lizard
Home: Tribal community in the Marshlands

Brief back story: Hidden from human eyes for centuries, the raptor trips of the marsh have prospered. Now that humanity has met is fate, his tribe spreads outward claiming relics and lands. Tezztor is a exceptionally skilled melee fighter, very fast and tough. Though he carries no weaponry.

Description: Tall but sleek and agile Raptor. Mostly Aquamarine with a teal underside.
Black dragon horns on each side of his head and a black dewflap unique to his heritage.
Two fingers and a thumb and large claws on each hand and two toes and a cutting claw on
each foot with large talons. He has magically resistant scales and a immunity to mind tampering.
His eyes are very strong and can see very well, they are neon green in color. He does not use
any weapons for he is a master of tooth and claw martial arts. He wears a red sash in front,
and in back which drapes around his long lizardine tail. He wears only minimal protection as he
doesn't like the restraint of protective armors. (Copy and Paste for the win heh)

Tezztor stands there on the edge of the forest, checking the air for strange scents. He was sent to scout these lands for possible habitation as well as any lost human technology relics.

Offline Sen

• Forest Guardian
  • Handsome Horse
  • Squishydoll by Rigor, animated by FurryLAE
    • My IMVU homepage
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Lupis Arctos (Arctic Wolf/ White Wolf/ Polar Wolf)
  • Coloring: I'm all white, but the color of my wings depends on my mood... the color of my eyes changes with my wings, too. The eyes are usually blue, though.
  • Height: 6'4"
  • Weight: 175 lbs
  • Build: Lean and athletic, but not to the extreme body-builder type.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 02:26:20 AM »
(I want to join, but I'm not sure what Nature's Secret(s) is/are...  I already have a backstory, but it involves the fact that I was born a regular wolf...)

Offline Paxari

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 02:47:12 AM »
Moving silently towards the experiment, he jumped to a tree behind her and perched there, waiting.

-Kamahl, Pit Fighter

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 02:54:55 AM »
Her ears twitched. She could sense that there was something behind her, watching her. She turned around slowly. Nothing. Her senses couldn't be playing tricks on her, could they? They hadn't failed her before. She stood there in silence, still looking in the same direction, not knowing that the one who was watching her was actually above her.

Offline Paxari

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 03:01:08 AM »
With just a slight wave of his hand, he shrouded the area around her in total darkness, and with another, became invisible, jumping to stand behind her

-Kamahl, Pit Fighter

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 03:05:27 AM »
She spun in circles slowly, trying to figure out what was going on. She wasn't going to panic, not yet at least. She had gotten very good at controlling her reactions to things and emotions. But she couldn't figure out what had just happened. It seemed like some kind of magic.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:07:26 AM by VeeSmith »

Offline Paxari

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 03:09:25 AM »
A hoarse laugh echoes around her "You are not of natures chosen few, you are born of human science, you senses undeveloped, let your instincts take over."He jumped away and dispelled the darkness.

-Kamahl, Pit Fighter

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 03:15:17 AM »
She turned so she was facing him directly as he spoke to her. A tiny chill ran up her spine and her look toughened. She followed the faint sound of him jumping away as he dispelled the darkness. "Who are you? What do you want?" She asked the invisible ogre magi, as she stried to follow him.

Offline Paxari

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 03:25:15 AM »
Moving faster than he anticipated he would need to, he dispelled the invisibility and assumed his gaseous  form and let the wind take him deeper into the forest.

-Kamahl, Pit Fighter

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 03:29:09 AM »
She continued her pursuit, running faster and faster. Did he just turn into gas? She thought to herself, then shrugged and continued following him as he let the wind take him.

Offline Paxari

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 03:40:24 AM »
Once he was sure he had lost her, he re assumed his natural form and went to the building he was using as a base of operations, he opened the door and shut it, re concealing it in vines. Opening some human provisions, he looked at all the weapons that the humans had created and stored here, and thought of how much death and destruction these inventions had caused.

-Kamahl, Pit Fighter