The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Trail of a Lye, TEoS: Rules and other information.  (Read 1862 times)

scarypuppy

The Trail of a Lye, TEoS: Rules and other information.
« on: March 19, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
IN the game, you have certain ammounts of time before an investigation begins, and in that time, you can collect INV hours through smaller cases and leads that are sent in and processed for you.
Each Case and Lead will ammount to different ammounts of INV hours depending on how much I think each lead is worth.

As you gain or loose INV hours, when the investigation comes up, you will have that ammount of time to find evidance, depending on where and how i place it.

Theres another unfair twist, I decide Evidance placement and type, but I will not be unfair and suddenly snatch it away.

the INV hours all ammount up to how much time you can spend on certain areas, investigating, ranging from obvious to subtle to complex to hidden, the ammount of time needed to uncover it will all come out of your available INV hours.

You do have an invantory, however, it only holds 9 items, all of which have to run within the lines of reality and the times. you cant have a blue light or a digital camera, you can however have a dusting kit and a revolver and so on and so forth.

Enemies: if you are unable to stop the murderer within the first case, you will be forced to extend it into different cases, all related to the Lye Murderer, and his followers. (Note, I am a gamer, however i love twisted, demented, maniacle games such as Silent Hill, Call of Cthulhu, Siren, Condemned etc etc so enemies, crime scenes and evidance will fall under that kind of twisted sort.) The Lye murderer will gain followers as he continues, mainly young, lost souls in need of some type of influential figure, also in the ranks will be veterans disillusioned and seeking revenge against the society that caused them suffering and groups of people otherwise just mentally disturbed.

Each Gain and Loss will affect the direction of the story. If you are able to solve one of the Lye cases and figure out a bit of the clues, the murderer will loose support and you will begin to box him in. If you mess up on a case however, overlook a peice of evidance or dont find any at all, the murderer will gain prestige and novelty, giving him leverage and much more of an ability to move around undetected.

You have 20 HP, it cannot go any Higher, and you loose these health points through round chest orbsy traps and attacks from enemies. you can only restore the HP by 1 point, and you can only loose HP by 2. An example: you are hit by a kroney, -2 HP, you are swarmed by numerous Kronies, you loos 2 HP for each single attack from each enemy, in this case 3, meaning you loose 6 HP.

A Firearm or obviously fatal round chest orbsy trap will kill you, and you only have one Reccupperation point, meaning you are treated in a hospital with a second chance. If you die, you may return as a different character, but you have to start completely from scratch so far as evidance.

your armament comes from these choices: Revolver, Automatic-Pistol, Shot Gun, Club, Tommy Gun.
Revolver: holds 6 rounds, does 5 damage.
Automatic Pistol: holds 12 rounds, does 3 damage.
Shot Gun: Holds 4 rounds, does 10 damage.
Tommy Gun: Holds 50 rounds, does 7 damage.
Club: Infinate Usage, does damage according to Body Type, Can only range from 3 to 6

you can cary several forensic devices available during the 1920s:
Dusting Kit
Air content detector
camera (old Press type)
Blood Reactant Powder
Poison reactant powder
Stethescope
Lockpick
Flashlight
Coroner's Field handbook
Coroner's Field Guide to Insects (Specific species are specific to certain areas and attracted to certain chemicals)

Also, your Posts must be like you are writing a passage to a book, and must be longer than 4 sentances, showing actions in a certain area and any and all dialoge, in some cases with other investigators and witnesses.
[/pre]
[/color][/b]

scarypuppy

Re: The Trail of a Lye, TEoS: Rules and other information.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »
you can only describe events in your post, not the scene, I will describe details.

Example: the room had an odd odor about it....like copper mixed with dried blood, the body itself not giving off the offending smell other than the usual decay of a body. I crouched to inspect the scene, see if there were any traces of the murderer I could salvage, but it seems he kept himself clean yet again."

You gain INV hours through smaller leads and cases that give you extra hours for the major investigation. the ammount of hours you gain in smaller leads and cases will combine into how much time you have to spend on more complex cases and puzzles set up by the Lye Murderer.

Example: A body is found with all limbs cut away, but the hands are left, the fingers forced into letters in sign language.
you have 12 INV hours, a puzzle like this will take 4, you spend 4 hours investigating using any previous information you gained through leads and cases, you loose a certain ammount of hours but gain valuable information that you collect and put together with the other players. also, you will have to THINK about the clues, and see if they have any connection to any previous evidance.