The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Voidcat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Ears are green, is mostly black with tuxedo markings and a white tip tail. Blue eyes. Can change color at will.
  • Height: 18 inches when standing on two paws and is a cat. Catperson form is 5 foot.
  • Weight: 11 pounds as a cat. Catperson form is 115 pounds.
  • Build: Fluffy and long hair.
Hello
« on: November 26, 2023, 10:31:15 PM »
Hi there. I'm new to the furry fandom. I thought I'd join to see if I'm a furry or not. Reading this: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=16042.0 apparently I am. Because I do like anthropomorphic art/characters. Hopefully I'm understanding this correctly unless theres more to it then what i read there. The reason I was questioning was because I dress up sometimes like a cat, with ears, a tail, gloves with paws, and a collar. Because it's fun and also there's a religious motive too- I'm a pagan who worships Bastet and dressing like a cat reminds me of her and that I'm loved by her. And I don't really have a fursona but I like the idea of having one. However even discounting this I do love anthropomorphic artwork and characters. Either way I hope to learn more about this community. Hope I'm welcomed here.
Fursona's name is Feyline. Uses any pronouns. Is genderfluid and a priest of Bastet. Has different color collars they may wear and a humanoid catperson form they can change into but usually stays in a cat form that stands on two paws and talks.

Offline Firox

• I is very friendly! No worries
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • (still reply to my other sonas, in signature)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • My YouTube
    • Awards
  • Species: Red Fox *Flareon*
  • Coloring: Main fur red, do have fluffy yellow fur on head tuft, mane, and tail, dark red inside ears
  • Height: 3ft / 91 cm, lenght: 3ft 6in / 106cm, tail: 3ft 6in / 105cm
  • Weight: 38 lbs / 17kg
  • Build: playful, caring, competitive
  • Currently: friendly and full of fun - love chocolate chip cookies!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 11:50:55 PM »
Welcome there, hopefully you have a great time learning.
I remember that article, before I discovered TFF, I didn't even know the term 'furry' existed.
So I might have been a furry since I was very little and never knew the term,  learned about the term in 2015. 

Hopefully you do have a good time exploring the forums, and bring some creative life.
Info on my sona
Vay, female, Vaporeon, New York CIty, New York
Joseph, male, Jolteon, Kansas City, Missouri
Aaron, male, Flareon, McMinnville, Oregon
Arval, male, Umbreon,  San Francisco, California
Jyo, male, Espeon, Seattle, Washington
Linette, female, Leafeon, Biloxi, Mississippi
Grace, female, Glaceon, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Sherrie, female, Sylveon, Las Vegas, Nevada

8 opposite gender mates:
Leonardo, male, Vaporeon, Venice, Italy
Robyn, female, Jolteon, Bridgetown, Barbados
Fleur, female, Flareon, Marseille, France
Aycan, female, Umbreon, Istanbul, turkey
Elise, female, Espeon, Basseterre, St. Kitts-Nevis
Zoran, male, Leafeon, Velez, North Macedonia
Florian, male, Glaceon, Craiova, Romania
Seth, male, Sylveon, Ashgabath, Turkmenistan

My other supporting sonas:
Charlene - Bobby - Marrie - Milo - Vanessa - Zoey - Jeremy -Yana - Kumar - Francine - Rorch - Marvinne - Darsha

Offline Ves

• Avid Aardvark
  • hiya folks!
    • Steam
    • Awards
  • Species: isopod
  • Coloring: Green
  • Build: Cuddly
  • Currently: Chilling
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 07:13:20 PM »
Hi Voidcat!!
Wether you find the term fits or not you’ll always be welcome here ^_^
Hope you have fun here - also I’m pretty sure theres some resources for making fursonas over in the art section if you need any help with that  ^_^
  • Signature art by: me :)
-the boingo (xe/xir)

Sonas: Lumi - teal house cat | Beepy/Beewee - black house cat | Iso - green isopod | Juniper - blond house cat (it’s a little crowded in here isn’t it)

"Look at you. Sailing through the air majestically. Like an eagle. Piloting a blimp." - GLaDOS (Portal 2)

Offline Voidcat

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
  • Coloring: Ears are green, is mostly black with tuxedo markings and a white tip tail. Blue eyes. Can change color at will.
  • Height: 18 inches when standing on two paws and is a cat. Catperson form is 5 foot.
  • Weight: 11 pounds as a cat. Catperson form is 115 pounds.
  • Build: Fluffy and long hair.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2024, 12:41:30 AM »
Made a fursona. Have to wait to get an avatar ill hopefully upload one soon.
Fursona's name is Feyline. Uses any pronouns. Is genderfluid and a priest of Bastet. Has different color collars they may wear and a humanoid catperson form they can change into but usually stays in a cat form that stands on two paws and talks.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 03:47:10 AM »
The general advice for furry stuff is, if you think you're a furry, then you are one! You don't need a fursona, or artwork or anything really, if you identify as a furry then you're a furry, no other qualifications needed!

Your religion sounds interesting, I haven't heard of Bastet before. I'm a Discordian, it's a sorta psuedo-religion/parody/philosophy thing, I've heard it often described as a joke disguised as a religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion desguised as a... you get the idea.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";