The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Labyrinth  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 2 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Chimera
  • Currently: Shuffling
Re: The Labyrinth
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 11:27:47 PM »
"This place seems safe enough." She looked up and saw... nothing: just an infinite space leading up into the sky, no sun, no moon, no stars. "Uhh, how is there light without a sun?"
Suddenly, without warning, 3 lions came out of the nearby tall grass and charged at them. They split up and each went for a different target.
"I spoke too soon." She reached into the envelope again and hoped for a weapon. She pulled out a Khopesh that seemed to be heated to red hot temperature. After briefly examining the blade, she turned and swiftly executed the lion attacking her with a few well aimed slices.

Mature Lion Defeated
50 EXP Awarded

"Uhh... Ok?"
The tree of knowledge is forever a sapling, as no one can know all the universe has to offer.

'A society the separates their scholars from their warriors will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools'

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2022, 12:45:00 AM »
When the second lion attacked Travis, he instinctively reached into his envelope and pulled out a Katana. Dodging the first attack, he drew it and immediately sliced across the Lion's side. The lion roared in pain, and Travis was quick to jump on the attack, putting the Lion down before it could attack again.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2022, 04:09:34 AM »
Kelsey jumped ontop of the lion, as it charged towards her, riding on it's back as it thrashed around trying to throw her off, "WHOA BOY!" She said trying to calm the thing down as it continued to thrash around....
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 04:17:53 AM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2022, 04:24:28 AM »
Travis would see a message appear in his vision.
Mature Lion Defeated
50 EXP Awarded
As Kelsey rode the lion it quickly calmed down and laid down, this is when Kelsey also saw a message
Mature Lion Tamed
25 EXP Awarded
After seeing the others had taken care of the lions, Spade sat down and took out a water bottle to drink.
The tree of knowledge is forever a sapling, as no one can know all the universe has to offer.

'A society the separates their scholars from their warriors will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools'

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2022, 04:32:55 AM »
"What the %7!! was that?" Kelsy asked letting her lion sit down as she got off and took off her helmet rubbing her sleeve on the visor, she then reached into the envelope and pulled out a big piece of meat and fed it to her tamed lion, patting it on the head gently.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 03:01:15 AM »
"Am I the only one amazed that actually worked?" Travis asked, indicating Kelsey's tamed lion. "Seriously. How'd you do that?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 03:16:23 AM »
"All I'm concerned about is where the hell do we go?"
As if to answer her question a fourth envelope appears in front of and when she opens it it contains the rules of the Labyrinth.

Rule 1: No harming your allies
Rule 2: No harming NPCs
The object of the Labyrinth is to complete the objectives within each zone and receive the zone's blessing.
NPCs may inhibit or help your progress.
Each contestant has 2 skills which must be discovered for themselves.
"Is this some kind of game show?"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 07:26:47 AM »
"I haven't the slightest clue.." Kelsey replied "I just acted and something happened.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 07:30:13 PM »
"If this is a game show, I'm gonna find the bastard in charge when we get out and strangle him," Travis growled.

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 11:31:17 PM »
Kelsey would see another popup in her vision stating:

Skill discovered: Taming

"Well first we have to get out. Any idea as to the nature of our first objective?"
Almost as if in response to Spade's question a popup appeared which they could all see:

Objective 1: Locate the Fountain of Wisdom

"Guess that answers that, but what the heck is a fountain of wisdom?"

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2022, 03:16:07 AM »
"What is this like crashTV or Unreal tournament, whose the sick bastard that put us here?" Kelsey growled

Offline Weaver

• Local Moderator
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 11:24:08 PM »
(Wooo the lone member of the second team!)

A lone white moth slowly surveyed the room he had found himself in, having little recollection of ever entering it. His wings wrapped around himself almost akin to a cloak. Gently he revealed a small staff out from underneath his wings. A crystal was mounted on the end surrounded by two arches which emitted a soft light. With a flick, the staff grew to be his own height, and with a twirl a small mote of light flew from the crystal and slowly drifted around the room. The moth glared at the staff, shaking it for a moment before sighing. It seemed as if his powers here were sapped. He'd have to make due with simple cantrips.

Unknown to him at the time were the existence of the other three involuntary contestants. He was currently the only member of the second team, and thus did not begin in the same room.

The first thing that the moth set out to do was to find an exit of any kind with the assistance of the light. A door, a hatch, a window, anything.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 06:47:56 AM by Weaver, Reason: Clarification »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2022, 01:58:19 AM »
"Hell if I know," Travis responded. "But we better get to it. Anything else jumps out at me..." he twirled the katana he had for emphasis. "... gets sliced."

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2022, 04:39:20 AM »
(Not for long!)
He seemed to materialize from the very floor, well dressed and soaked to the bone. His attire looked like something you’d see from a pirate movie, save for it being tattered, worn, and wet through-out. He sat up with a gasp, spluttering.

The raccoon peered around in a confused half-stupor. He grit his yellowed teeth as he stood. “What manner o’ sorcery be this?” He blinked a few times. “Thrown o’er me own bulwark, an’ now trapped in some kind o’ brig.” The raccoon noticed the moth, and adjusted his coat to reveal the brace of pistols across his chest. “An’ nary alone, t’boot. ‘Hoy, lampbug. What say ye o’ this…predicament?”

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2022, 11:28:24 PM »
*** Team 1 ***

Spade chose a direction and started walking that way, motioning for the others to follow.

*** Team 2 ***

The Moth would find not one but two doors, both with a sign above them, one sign had a rusted iron inscription of an erupting volcano, the other had a silver inscription of what looked like waves on an ocean. The message was clear, choose one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 04:34:44 AM by Queen_of_Spades »