The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Town  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
The Town
« on: September 29, 2021, 05:19:41 AM »
You’ve woken up in a quaint town. The weather is nice, and the residents are nicer.

Post Merge: September 29, 2021, 07:21:49 AM

Ray awoke, groaning. His head pounded, the night before a smeary blur of lights, noise and…the purple raccoon massaged his head as he sat up slowly. Once his common sense returned, he stood up fast, balancing himself against an unfamiliar wall. In an unfamiliar bedroom and, judging by the view from the window, an unfamiliar town. Ray checked the pockets of his coat, then his pants. He found his wallet, but no keys or phone. The raccoon crept, or attempted to creep, out into the hallway. He stopped just before the door, peeking through the doorway.

A second floor. He was on the second floor. Ray didn’t have a second floor.

Outside, the sun shines through a partly cloudy sky. From the window, Ray could see a motley of folks moving about, and the occasional car drifted safely by.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 07:15:12 AM by Rayleonarde »

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 2 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Chimera
  • Currently: Shuffling
Re: The Town
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 08:57:05 PM »
Spade's eyes did not want to open but she forced them to, upon opening a knife of light stabbed her eyes for a brief moment before her eyes adjusted. "Jeez, what happened?" She realized that the ceiling was painted grey, "wait my ceiling isn't gr-" she bolted upward to find herself in a completely unfamiliar room. "Wh-What's going on here?!" Checking her bag that was conveniently placed on the bed stand she realized that she only had keys (to a vehicle she does not have), a multi-tool, and a chocolate bar, nothing she can use to contact someone. Regaining her composure, she opened the door to find herself in a hotel like hallway. Looking around she spotted a raccoon peeking his head out his door. She immediately ran towards him and yelled "Wait! Do you know where I am?"
The tree of knowledge is forever a sapling, as no one can know all the universe has to offer.

'A society the separates their scholars from their warriors will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools'

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 01:28:15 AM »
When he heard a voice call to him, Ray turned to see someone running at him. He quickly backed into the room and pulled the door shut, bracing himself against it. “Who are you,” he barked through the door. “Did you bring me here? This ain’t funny!”

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2021, 01:45:41 AM »
"Whoa whoa! I'm just as confused as you!" She stops for a second and looks around. "I have to admit, something about these halls give me the creeps though"
The tree of knowledge is forever a sapling, as no one can know all the universe has to offer.

'A society the separates their scholars from their warriors will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools'

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2021, 07:14:58 AM »
“Yeah, well. Join the club.” The lock on the door clicked loudly as Ray turned the knob, opening the door cautiously. Ray gingerly poked around the door, before throwing it wide and stepping out. “Shouldn’t run up on strangers like that,” the raccoon huffed. “So, what’s your name?”

Ray stood an inch or so over six foot, with a husky build. He looked tired, but the creases beside his eyes betrayed his general friendliness and affability.

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2021, 06:01:16 PM »
" Sorry about that, my name's Spade, yours?"

Standing just under 5 foot 5 inches she is quite smaller than the raccoon. Wearing a dark red cloak it is hard to make out her face but one could spot the jagged scar on her left cheek.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 01:13:44 AM »
Ray hesitated a moment. He couldn’t trust the stranger before him quite yet. “Ray,” he grunted eventually. “So you woke up here too, huh?” He stepped around Spade, keeping an eye on the picture window at the front of the house. People had stopped to watch for a moment before continuing on.

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 02:17:10 AM »
"Well you're a ray of sunshine" Following his gaze she remarked "huh, they aren't at all surprised about two strangers in their town. Very strange, should we ask where we are?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 02:51:45 AM »
Ray let Spade’s remark slide, as he watched the windows. “Might not be a bad idea. Alternatively, they might sacrifice us to some Eldritch monstrosity. A gamble.” He stepped gingerly down the stairs, though his weight caused the wood to creak loudly. The large raccoon froze, as he noticed someone staring intently into the window.

A few tense seconds passed before the silence was shattered by a knock at the door.

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 03:20:57 AM »
"Let me handle the talking, you are clearly not good at socializing and if they really are worshiping some Eldritch abomination I would be better at getting out of this situation. If anything takes a turn for the worst then I ask for your help." Opening the door she finds a woman, she could not make out here face as it was under a hood. "Do you need anything miss?" she asked trying her hardest to keep a straight face.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2021, 03:31:53 AM »
The woman stepped forward, under the awning of the building, and drew back the hood of a rain slicker, water sliding away from the morning’s drizzle. Her voice was chipper, much too happy. Almost mechanical.

“Hi, neighbor,” the woman, a lioness, extended a gloved paw, all smiles. “I’m Genine Van Der Pomp, but Ms. Pomp or Genine will do. I just wanted to welcome you to the neighborhood.” She glanced back at the dreary overcast sky and smiled again. “Weather’s looking like it’s going to take a turn, mind if I step inside?”

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2021, 04:33:43 PM »
"No no, come in I don't mind!" As she hung her coat on the coat rack Spade asked Ray; " Is it just me or does she seem... not alive?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2021, 02:56:25 AM »
Ray shook his head. “Seems okay to me. A bit subdued, maybe. But she’s obviously alive.” He closed the door and turned to follow their guest, who guided herself to an empty loveseat. She sat modestly, sitting ridged and upright. Ray, in contrast, sat across from Genine in an empty armchair, slouched deep into the cushion.

“So,” Ray sniffed. “Where are we? Like, I didn’t go to bed here, neither did she. Yet, you’re acting like we belong here, what gives?”

Genine lifts a glove to her mouth as she laughed gently. “Oh, forgive me. I suppose we can be off-putting with our…neighborliness. We were worried about the both of you since you didn’t show up for church today.”

Ray sneered, before repeating. “But how did we get here?”

Again, Genine laughed. “Well, I suppose you drove, dear.”

Offline Queen_of_Spades

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2021, 04:02:53 PM »
At that statement Spade's metaphorical jaw hit the floor. Is this woman for real?
Shooting A glance at Ray that said 'I'm starting to think your eldritch abomination theory isn't as extreme as earlier.' "Genine, I'm pretty sure I would remember driving to a town that I don't live in. Not to mention the fact that I don't my cellphone and I don't have anything to contact anyone. So if I may be so blunt, where are we, who are you, and what are you going to do to us?"

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2021, 04:34:05 AM »
Genine laughed again, politely obscuring her mouth. “Why, we’re in Denston. And I’m Genine Van Der Pomp.” She stood, donning her raincoat again and started for the door. “And I won’t do anything to you. Have a good day.” The lioness turned and shut the door, and walked down the street.

Ray shook his head, trying to gather his thoughts. “Well that was…unhelpful.”