The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Trail of a Lye, TEoS  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Smitty the Airship Pirate

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • Prepare yourselves! Smitty is on deck!
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Coloring: Grey and Black
  • Height: 6'2 in. in fursona 2"11 in wolf form
  • Build: Slender but strong enough to clamber about on a ship.
Re: The Trail of a Lye, TEoS
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 02:42:53 AM »
( So if we make the description of the scene more complex and ask question with witnesses, by using INV hours we have a chance of gaining evidence? Which will have a greater chance of capturing Croneys or even capture Te lye murderer?)

Elyk's inventory:
Revolver
Club
Dusting Kit
Blood Reactant Powder
Coroner's Field Guide to Insects
Coroner's Field Guide
xxxxxxxxxxx

5th of January, 1928

*Elyk arrives at his lead*

Arrived in China Town. The lead tells me that a man was seen fleeing the scene of a murder in the alley of a apartment complex.  I have to speak with the witness and gather the evidence left on scene.  The scene was rather gruesome and the heart seemed to be outside his body....

This forum's most notorious pirate since February 26, 2007.

scarypuppy

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »
you can only describe events in your post, not the scene, I will describe details.

Example: the room had an odd odor about it....like copper mixed with dried blood, the body itself not giving off the offending smell other than the usual decay of a body. I crouched to inspect the scene, see if there were any traces of the murderer I could salvage, but it seems he kept himself clean yet again."

You gain INV hours through smaller leads and cases that give you extra hours for the major investigation. the ammount of hours you gain in smaller leads and cases will combine into how much time you have to spend on more complex cases and puzzles set up by the Lye Murderer.

Example: A body is found with all limbs cut away, but the hands are left, the fingers forced into letters in sign language.
you have 12 INV hours, a puzzle like this will take 4, you spend 4 hours investigating using any previous information you gained through leads and cases, you loose a certain ammount of hours but gain valuable information that you collect and put together with the other players. also, you will have to THINK about the clues, and see if they have any connection to any previous evidance.

Detective Smitty, Clue Discovered upon Entering: scrawled into the victem's back is the phrase, "He without Sin" along with two overlapping rings with small triangles pointing in opposite directions, And also carved into the back of a nearby wodden apartment door is a note from the killer, "Be it far from the Good Sheapard to forsake his flock, but be it that  he is forced to stray, into the darkness of death, the Lord may forgive his folly."

NOTE: this is a clue about a victem, either not yet found, or yet to be killed.

Also: Look for patterns in the crime scenes, make a psycological profile on him.

Need Detective Hedgers' post and input.

NOTE: I am Making a Rules Companion thread, any questions post there.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 10:41:39 PM by Emopuppy »

• Whalloping Walrus
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2008, 01:36:06 AM »
               Upon looking at the body, found a hastly scrawled note on the victims back along with two strange triangles.  I should investigate where the triangles would lead as they were heading in different directions...also noted found another note etched into an apartment door. I will investigate further...

scarypuppy

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2008, 07:36:58 PM »
*still waiting on Master Hedgers, cannot continue till his investigation

time till asylum investigation, 12 hours

Offline Octavia

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Octavia, at your service.
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • xShadowx
    • Awards
  • Species: Suricata vulpes
  • Height: 5'6
  • Weight: 130lbs
  • Build: lean
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 01:06:10 AM »

Sinobed's Inventory

Coroner's Field Handbook
Lockpick
Automatic Pistol
Club
and Shotgun kept in car
Dusting Kit

~he arrives at the Warf and gets out of his car and starts walking the board walk looking for the lead~

scarypuppy

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 06:36:37 PM »
*note Master Hedgers, see Rules for Post
(sorry, want to keep it sorta professional)

Crime scene, someone attempted a break in at a Santeria home in the lighthouse district, all that was stolen was several candles and a book on Santeria symbols and Human sadist rites.

Time Until Investigation, 3 hours, all investigators re-locate to the precinct and evaluate evidence, create psychological profile and determine body placement.

Next post will contain room layout and title  

• Whalloping Walrus
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2008, 04:45:17 AM »
             Etch the writings in notebook and noted the scrawled note on victim's back.  Also started looking into the apartment that the door lead to.

scarypuppy

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 03:37:30 AM »
ATTENTION: Investigation starts now, all playing characters head to Asylum on outskirts of City, will give more as players cooperate.

• Whalloping Walrus
    • My Formspring
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »
          A messenger came today dropping a message off.  The message read for me to go to the asylum...Apparently it is very important for it told me to drop everything I was currently working on and that I must go.

Offline DaiRraito IS, FurryLAE.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:29 PM »
Name: Lawliet
Species:Human
Years of Experience: 2 years
Personal and Psychological status:Sugar addiction
Extra information..
Fears: Being wrong, losing / Delights: Sugar, sweets, etc

Inventory:
Lockpick
Tommy Gun
Club
Camera
Dusting Kit
Flashlight
Stethescope
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

I received an urgent note.. I was to go to the Asylum on the outskirts of town.
I sighed... With my few days left to live.... I figured I'd solve one last case.

scarypuppy

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:54 PM »
All assembled Members of the invesitgation situation of asylum

The asylum was falling into disrepair, the numerous windows facing the main entryway were shattered, presumably by local troublemakers. a caved in roof in the recreational and recuperation area, caused by a small scale fire, made it a hazard to any who dared to venture inside. The only relatively untouched structure was the main patient housing, civil officials made sure to leave this place intact for the massive ammounts of human waste and chemicals within. A reeking smell permeates the entire compound, the only place being spared being the main administration offices alongside the main entryway.

the lay out is as follows:

*Creating Map