The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Howdy everyone.  (Read 646 times)

Offline SerpyTheOwl

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 2 years
  • Howdy everyone! Hope you're doing well. :3
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Snowy Owl
  • Coloring: Pink, white.
  • Currently: Hopeful
Howdy everyone.
« on: May 18, 2021, 06:41:17 PM »
Howdy, as you may guess by this being my first post, I am new here. I guess I'll introduce myself. So, to start my name is Hayden and I am a snowy owl. I'm sixteen years old and I actually just turned that a week ago maybe. Anyway, personally I like to play some games. Here recently I have been playing Subnautica Below Zero. I beat the first one. It's actually one of my favorite games. Other than that..I watch youtube but my biggest thing I wanna do is make some new friends and hey maybe this forum shall give me the opportunity to. Thank you for reading this, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.

Offline Weaver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
Re: Howdy everyone.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 08:09:54 PM »
Welcome aboard!

You play Subnautica too? It's one of the best games I've played. That sense of awe (and fear) in some of those areas are amazing, and some of the sights I will never forget. I'm playing through Sub Zero right now, actually.

Offline SerpyTheOwl

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 12:25:54 AM »
Yes! I agree that Subnautica has a sense of awe and fear that most other games don't offer. The Mushroom forest and Lost river were some of my favorite biomes in Subnautica. I of course loved basically all the creatures as they each added to the atmosphere in each zone. This continues in Subnautica Below Zero and after playing for a bit seems like it's going to be really fun. Subnautica is one of my favorite games, actually. But thank you for the welcome :)

Offline Weaver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 12:44:01 AM »
Oh man, the Lost River. I don't think I left an area faster before that place. My favorite biome is the Grand Reef. It's got that perfect mix of beauty and terror. The thing I miss most between Subnautica and Below Zero is the Cyclops. The Sea Truck is fine, but I felt like a real captain in the big submarine.

But yeah, hope you enjoy your time here!

Offline SerpyTheOwl

• Vibrating Furby
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2021, 03:28:47 PM »
I agree with you. The Seatruck is all fine and dandy but to me it doesn't have the feel of the Seamoth or the Cyclops. At least there's still the Prawn Suit though. That was always my favorite. It was what I went into the lost river with and I didn't feel super scared although it was pretty terrifying like the time I almost fell into the craters edge with my prawn suit. I like the Grand Reef. I think it does mix beauty and terror well. I just don't like them Crabsquids but they are further down. Mmm but the Sea Treaders are cool. Bonesharks still annoying as they always will be. Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Subnautica. I played through on ps4 alongside my Dad. So I didn't feel completely alone while playing.