The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi . . . is this forum even alive?  (Read 816 times)

Offline N.y.r.o

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • 100% Snort
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolverine
  • Coloring: Brown, cream
  • Height: 5'8"
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: anxious
Hi . . . is this forum even alive?
« on: November 22, 2020, 05:27:43 AM »
I've had an account on here for a few years but lately I've been bored and trying to find places where I can talk to people. However checking out this forum, it seems to be almost completely dead? Even though it says you can post in any unlocked threads, pretty much ALL the threads are locked now, even from a couple months ago. I'm assuming everyone has moved to Discord now, which . . . tbh I'm not good at talking on Discord, and I can't seem to find any active forums (aside from FA forums, but, there seems to be a number of people on there that are a bit sus from my experience . . .) It just seems like compared to about five years ago +, there are virtually no active online communities anymore for furries, and any that might be are either of the NSFW variety, which I am not interested in, or full of younger people (like 13-16 y/os). I've tried joining some furry discords before, but like I said, I am not good with communicating with people on Discord that I don't know super well (especially on servers with a large userbase) otherwise the people in the server aren't really the type I have a lot in common with . . . I might try the Discord server that's posted here, but if anyone has any other suggested of sites that are active, it would be much appreciated.
Yum!

Offline Weaver

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Losing is Fun!
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Spider
  • Coloring: White
  • Weight: 125 lbs.
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Procrastinating
Re: Hi . . . is this forum even alive?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 04:34:27 AM »
Yeah, for the most part a lot of the community hangs out in the Discord channels now. I'm unsure of any other sites.