The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: trying to grow a synthetic tail any advice  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Laze

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • i love felines, join the azorian pentagram
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline: scottish fold
  • Coloring: Blue body, red frizz around neck, blue hair and tipped tail
  • Height: 6.1
  • Weight: 123.3lb
  • Build: well fit skinney
  • Currently: stressed overwhelmed
trying to grow a synthetic tail any advice
« on: November 02, 2020, 07:11:31 PM »
so for some time i've been thinking about making my character as realistic as possible and having my look as something i can always have with me and be part of what make me, me. i not really happy with fursuits anymore i still enjoy them but its very inconveint especially for were i go some places just kick u out for it or ur not allowed co were it cause they can refuse service and i want to be like i can be me not feel bulky and just make a sort of extension to my self. so ive been looking into hair transplants and seeing what i can do i can have my hair transplanted to my pores around my tail bone but if anything it wont look much like a cats tail more like a horse ive also been looking into a study were they took a few cells from a host grew it in a mold and grafted it to a mouse's back and was wondering the same about cat ears which so far ive been told by doctors is completely possible but am constantly told its not practical and will interfere with daily life but my biggest concern is how might i get a structure for a tail or a form of support for grafted hair its just a question but im kinda obsess with this
  • Avatar by: Dalton Hatinger and another person i have edited it alot

Offline Laze

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • i love felines, join the azorian pentagram
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Feline: scottish fold
  • Coloring: Blue body, red frizz around neck, blue hair and tipped tail
  • Height: 6.1
  • Weight: 123.3lb
  • Build: well fit skinney
  • Currently: stressed overwhelmed
Re: trying to grow a synthetic tail any advice
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 11:22:04 PM »
it probly sounds confusing but ive been wanting to do something sorta like plastic surgery but they take ur cells and grow them in a mold to its the shape of the mold which is good if u want real looking cat ears that are part of ur body but trying to grow the same thing as a tail isnt possible they cant grow bones of hald a spine and other cell types together yet  and plus just as is i cant have a tail grom without a bone structure or skin with pores for hair transplanting dont and i want know if there are any way i can get close to having a real tail and would really like any feed back if possible
  • Avatar by: Dalton Hatinger and another person i have edited it alot