The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about TFF  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
Question about TFF
« on: June 07, 2020, 08:54:42 PM »

It's not a rant, but a question. I see there's not much activity on the forums. Some topics are pretty old and they even appear unused for a long while.
My question is - Everything was moved on Discord and forum is no longer the main focus?

Offline Timmy Fox

• The Royal Cutefox
  • Yellow Yak
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Received through special limited time events Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
  • Squeak~
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Royal Cutefox
  • Coloring: Orange, white and dark brown
  • Height: 23 cm (~9"quotquotquotquotquotquotquot)
  • Weight: 5 kg (~11 lbs)
  • Build: Small, fairly average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Chasing a wild pie
Re: Question about TFF
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:55:04 PM »
I don't think anything has really moved to Discord as much as people have just tended to be more active there naturally.

Personally I'd say it's, unfortunately, not too surprising as forums in general really have been quite falling out of fashion in the last 3-5 years in favor of other social platforms such as social media websites/apps such as Twitter, Reddit, Amino, Tiktok, etc; as well as instant messaging services such as Discord, Telegram and Whatsapp.

I agree it's a shame to see the forum having dropped in activity in recent years, especially as one who has been around to see it thriving in much of its prime, but I feel this might just be the natural progression of how the internet culture has evolved.
Proud to be a furry!

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

Offline Catfish

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
    • Awards
  • Currently: Confused
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 07:17:29 PM »
Thank you for the answer :3 You're probably right and I'm just late to the party :P
I was just curious because the traffic on TFF is pretty low compared to what I remembered :D
I always preferred forums over communicators or social media sites, but sadly times has changed and I simply missed the best moments.

Offline Tweak

• Technical Dragon
  • Administrator
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug
  • Rawr and such like.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
  • Coloring: Black, gold and purple
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Dragon-y
  • Currently: Bleh.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »
We'd love to see the activity pick up again. My life has been a bit crazy recently and I've been a little distance. Hopefully things will pick up soon.