The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: New to the forum, just got a few questions.  (Read 954 times)

Offline sadiebubs

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Awards
New to the forum, just got a few questions.
« on: August 08, 2019, 12:44:24 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm coming here mostly for roleplay and chat. I was wondering how important  having a fursona is for the forum and specifically for roleplay. I have no interest in really creating a single furry character that I exclusively use for this forum, I generally just like playing different characters for different stories. Will this pose any difficulties for finding roleplay, or are people generally fairly open to work shopping a concept and characters before starting?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 02:42:55 AM by sadiebubs »

Offline Noah Fulf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • A cute little folf.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: folf with wings
  • Coloring: blue-purple fur with red accents
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Dense and fit, agile
Re: New to the forum, just got a few questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 09:54:15 AM »
Well... 90% of Furries have a fursona, but it's okay of you don't want to. And yes, everybody is okay with it. And as for RP, that is fine too.

And some furries don't RP as their fursona, so you are Gucci.

Offline sadiebubs

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 01:24:39 AM »
Cool, just making sure it wasn't bad form or anything.

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 10:27:11 PM »
Welcome to the Forums. Most people have and use a fursona. If you're using multiple characters, that should be fine, but give credit if you decide to post anything. (i.e who owns the character etc.)
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »
Aye. Welcome to the forums. Don't worry about not having a set character. You can mix and match to your liking if you desire to do so. Either way, we'd be glad to see you around.

Offline sadiebubs

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 02:27:32 AM »
I am wondering if it's looked down upon to just kind of wait the month to get onto the adult section? I feel like my true calling for this community is just writing smut XD. I have read the rules, so I know not to post anything adult, but I was just curious if that's bad to really just use the adult section once it unlocks?

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 03:55:57 AM »
I am wondering if it's looked down upon to just kind of wait the month to get onto the adult section? I feel like my true calling for this community is just writing smut XD. I have read the rules, so I know not to post anything adult, but I was just curious if that's bad to really just use the adult section once it unlocks?

Can't speak from experience as I have never used that section of the website, but to my knowledge it isn't bad to use it at all. Sexual topics are prevalent in the furry community, so this is the place for them. I would use it if it would the best for your experience.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.