The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello. I'm new  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Aftertheshot

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: undefined
Hello. I'm new
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:55:39 AM »
Hello. I'm new and have some questions. I don't live as a furry but, have been introduced to the world of fantasy pet role play by the most amazing woman I have met and am totally intrigued. Is this community about this type of fetish or is it more of a total lifestyle?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: Hello. I'm new
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 06:38:15 AM »
Hello and welcome!
Honestly it's neither. It's more about the community and about art. Lifestyle is also cool, but it's not as common.
You can look around some boards, see what we talk about.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask them here, or even better, send a private message. I'll be happy to help you.
See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 12:10:46 PM »
Hey there welcome to the forum!

First I would like to mention that the public boards are strictly non sexual. The forum is open to anyone above the age of 13 and so talk about sexual things isn't really appropriate with 13 year olds... there is a part of the forum where you can talk about this stuff called the adult forum however.

Now to answer your question about what a furry is, the answer has been asked many times so our Cat Dragon (Cagon) queen Winged Zephyr has been kind enough to make a handy guide answering this exact question: What is a furry?

And the tl;dr version is a furry is anyone who is a fan of anthropormophised animals, that is animals with human-like qualities. Some just enjoy the art, some just enjoy the community, some get expensive suits so they can dress up as their original character, it's an extremely diverse group of people. But what you're describing in your post is something else, which if you're curious I can talk more about in PM.
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 05:57:24 AM »
Hello. Welcome to the Furry Forums. Furries are a diverse sub-culture, ranging in interests. There is no "bar" for entry per se, othe rthna liking anthromorphic creatures. I would implore you to keep all your interactions SFW though - we have children here. Enjoy your stay regardless.
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Aftertheshot

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: undefined
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 11:11:22 PM »
Well, that's why I posted my original comment. I wasn't sure exactly what was up. I respect that this forum is open to All and wouldn't post anything inappropriate. 

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Offline Noah Fulf

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • A cute little folf.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: folf with wings
  • Coloring: blue-purple fur with red accents
  • Height: 170 cm
  • Weight: 60 kg
  • Build: Dense and fit, agile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 03:57:32 PM »
(I would like to join on the talk!)

As you probably heard from the kind people (that were faster than me), you already have most of your questions answered.
However, I would like to give you a personal welcome (for all that's worth) to The Furry Forums! I'm sure you will find some topic you enjoy, and will have fun while doing it! Talk with people about interesting and random thoughts peoples' minds have created. Show your creative mind in the creative board, or discuss music and more! Meet other furries and so much more on The Furry Forums.