The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: So, hi everybody!  (Read 654 times)

Offline Polemo

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf(Male)
  • Coloring: Black fur and light turquoise eyes. Both hands have a light turquoise circle mark on the back of the hands.
  • Height: 5' 5" anthro
  • Weight: Around 60 kg
  • Build: Average
So, hi everybody!
« on: April 26, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »
Okay, so I'm new to this forum, and I'm new to this whole furry thing as well.
Recently I realized that I have liked animals for years, when reading a story about some furries. So now I'm here.
Currently I don't have a picture of my fursona simply because I can't draw. Should I give my fursona a backstory?
I'm from Taiwan, and I'm currently a student. My classmates think that furries are, like, all about sex and dirty things. When I told my friends, "Hey, I like animals so much, I think I am a furry"they just shot me dirty glances and thought that I was joking. Is this...... Normal? To Furries?

I also like video games, especially rhythm games( Dynamix, Arcaea, etc.)and hardcore games(Dark souls, SEKIRO, etc.). And Fnaf.

Being a furry feels good!

Offline MCtheBeardie

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Howdy, y'all! I don't bite, I swear.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Quotev
    • Awards
  • Species: Bearded Dragon (Lizard)
  • Coloring: Mostly yellow scales, with white belly and white beard scales.
  • Height: 5’4”
  • Weight: 120lb
  • Build: Fairly thin.
  • Currently: Excited, and ready for new friends!
Re: So, hi everybody!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:55:37 PM »
Hi, fren! Welcome to the forum!

I have to say, I’m new to this whole furry thing, too. I only recently got some art commissioned for my sona, as you can see. My story is actually similar to yours- I always loved animals and anthro characters, and eventually found myself here!

Your sona also doesn’t need an elaborate backstory, if you don’t want it to. My sona is basically me, in anthro bearded dragon form!

As for stigma concerning the sexual side of the fandom, you’re not alone, fren. I was just lucky to have plenty of LGBT+ friends who quickly accepted me for my strangeness, despite their own issues with the fandom itself. Though, I do still get those off looks or questions, every now and then.

But, when you make friends here, it’s all worth it, fren! Welcome to the fandom! :D
  • Avatar by: Guifrog on FA. Check him out!
Basking in the sun with my friends~ :3

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: So, hi everybody!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 11:13:09 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum and the fandom! I'm sure you'll feel right at home here.

You don't really need a backstory, it just depends on what you like to do with your character.

As for the stigma around being a furry... Yeah it is pretty common for people to think that stuff unfortunately. But most of us are here just for the community and art not for any sexual things. Too bad more people don't realise that.
If you wish to stay you'll have to learn to live with those looks and questions, but it's totally worth it. Or you can do what a lot of people do and just not tell anyone you're a furry. It's entirely up to you though. I'm personally open about it and never had any real trouble. lots of people just see it as an oddity or specific somewhat weird interest and all is good.

Either way, if you have any questions feel free to leave them here. :3

See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine