The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Poll

Direction of the Story - Original Content, or based on my Galactic Society RP?

Galactic Society!
1 (50%)
Original Content all the way!
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Shards of the Forgotten I: Echoes of the Past  (Read 3874 times)

Online Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Shards of the Forgotten I: Echoes of the Past
« on: April 23, 2019, 08:04:59 PM »
{{{ NOTICE }}}
What follows in this post is a sample of a story that came to me in my sleep. Posting what I have here to see what kind of reaction it gets. Read at your own risk.
{{{ END NOTICE }}}

Romulan_Furry Presents:
Shards of the Forgotten I:
Echoes of the Past

Prologue

The year is 2678. The invasion of known space by the Vrell Hordes has been pushed out completely. While General Drake Indari, son of legendary Dragon’taan Marauder Corps general Kyle Indari, consolidates his forces and celebrates his marriage to his new wife, Amie, and Lord-Admiral Markus Tokarev continues his operations across the galaxy unchained and uninterrupted, the galaxy undergoes a new era of peace and great prosperity. It was during this time that a new faction comes to the forefront of the galaxy. They called themselves the Dragon Federation – a faction of Dragons, having forged a star empire in stars far from known space, and looking to integrate with galactic society and make new friends. Despite this, it is noted they are, at best, suspicious of outsiders. A strange contradiction, to some. Regardless, they interact with the factions across the galaxy without major incident, the few disputes there were were expertly handled through a combination of diplomacy and clever negotiation.
   Also of note are the other races that have sprung up across known space in the years since – creatures ranging from felines to reptiles, avians to what some would compare to Earth’s Dinosaurs, of all things, all of them of an anthropomorphic stature. Many were surprised at this, and many more were terrified. But, as it had been with the arrival of the Dragon Federation, the interactions have been relatively peaceful, and these “Anthros” have integrated well into Galactic Society. With the galaxy so relaxed, it came as a surprise when rumors began circulating about a fabled fleet that was lost eons ago. No one knows where this fleet comes from, much less why it’s surfacing now. What is known is that elements of it have been sighted in several battle graveyards, salvaging ships; before local warships or authorities could move to intercede, the ships – along with those they salvaged – disappeared. This gave rise to the name of this fleet: The Lost Phantom Fleet. Old spacers and aging combat veterans all agree on one thing: The ships bear the mark of a fleet that had been lost to the stars, eons ago. A fleet that was run by machines. This fleet had visited this part of the universe before, long ago, and some credit them to the spreading of life in this galaxy. The most identifiable trait of the fleet is their mark: A strange, curved shuriken symbol positioned like star, one that almost looked like a medal on a uniform. Or a medallion from eons past. Ships bearing the symbol have been sighted all over the galaxy, though most are dismissed as false sightings, given the ships those symbols appeared on – nearly every ship in the known galaxy had been seen with those symbols. But, suspicious investigators and brave reporters alike feel that the sightings are connected, especially considering all the ships that mounted that logo subsequently disappear after being sighted.
   Then, another occurrence: an incident, one of the deadliest since the last war, one that only one survived: An explosion, caused by a terrorist group at a Dragon Embassy on Earth, rocks the entire facility and nearly levels it. The dragon who survived, Vasili Torgus. His kin labeled him “The Undying” because, initially, he was recorded as having died in the explosion. Coroners were shocked when, just before his autopsy was scheduled to begin, he woke from death and checked himself out of the morgue. Before he could be interviewed, he vanished. No one knew where he went. No one knew why. Interestingly enough, immediately afterward, spacers began spinning stories of the Lost Phantom Fleet changing – saying they look for a master worthy of claiming them. Connection? Possibly. Hoaxes and stories of old spacers? Probably. But the Lost Phantom Fleet is out there. And Vasili the Undying still wanders, somewhere in the ‘verse. Maybe it’s a coincidence. Maybe spacers are just paranoid after the myriad of conflicts.
   Or maybe, Vasili and the Lost Phantom Fleet do have a connection, one neither are aware of...
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Re: Shards of the Forgotten I: Echoes of the Past
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 08:40:46 PM »
This is awesome. Please continue Rom, I really like it.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Online Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 09:07:46 PM »
Added a poll for anyone interested, so I can better determine how to write this story - do we wanna see it with only original content, or do we want to base this on my Galactic Society RP?
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 09:35:35 PM »
hmm.... well written as usual ,but i question where this leads in the written universe and others...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Online Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 09:52:41 PM »
Not sure I understand the question.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 10:05:15 PM »
what are the plans for this in the future.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Online Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 11:29:18 PM »
Well, let's wait to see what others say in regards to that.