The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 29282 times)

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
Siiting on a bench across from the tavern where he saw the dragon go, played with a magic bauble that let him see through walls, watching the dragon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
With Ray gone for the moment  Spyra  began to walk out of the Tavern before the death knight wolf walked into the same Tavern, she slowly began to walk to the wolf....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"I've been traveling the stars for many years since I left Azeroth, so you'll forgive me if I'm a bit out of the loop with current events there," Viktor stated. He took another swig of his drink, and the bottle seemed to refill itself. He sighed after the swig. "Why would I go back when the Knights of the Ebon Blade hunt for my head there? I won't let anyone else die because of me. Not after... her." He then noticed Spyra approaching. "Can I help you?" he asked.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"I've been traveling the stars for many years since I left Azeroth, so you'll forgive me if I'm a bit out of the loop with current events there," Viktor stated. He took another swig of his drink, and the bottle seemed to refill itself. He sighed after the swig. "Why would I go back when the Knights of the Ebon Blade hunt for my head there? I won't let anyone else die because of me. Not after... her." He then noticed Spyra approaching. "Can I help you?" he asked.
"Wondering what you doing here, now that i've dealt with things." Spyra replied.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Jofan frowned a little as it seemed nobody was going to order and he worried that if he ordered, it may draw more attention to him than he wanted. His attention turned towards Atauri as she asked her questions, to which Jofan would shrug his shoulders and snort "But this one is Dragon" he teased with a wink "Monks call this one Jofan, not many use name.  Mostly called beast, hey you, dragon, vile creature" he chuckled softly as he looked down at his talons a moment "This one used to being hunted, many fools look for glory....to kill dragons.  Others hunt, give magiks materials for dark arts"

When Spyra approached the table, Jofan looked up as Viktor addressed the new arrival.  He noticed that her scent was....off, yet he couldnt put a claw on what it was.  There was definantly more to this female than she seemed.  For now, Jofan kept quiet and let Viktor do the talking.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Gressin drew the final blade from the bucket, pleased with the outcome. He handed Ray a small pouch, a part of the contract money. Ray smiled and ran, thanking the old goat with a wave. Now, to cut wood for Lady Dyrin.

Old Lady Dyrin sat in her armchair, watching the street from her window. When Ray scampered past and headed for the door, the old otter smiled. Very few visited her, even less with the eagerness to match Ray’s. She stood slowly and shuffled to the door

Ray knocked once, and waited patiently. Dyrin was rather spry for an elder. When the heavy oak door swung open, Ray smiled. “Good morning, lady Dyrin.”
“Good morning, Ray. Come to help, have ya?”  She led the raccoon in, pulling the door shut.
Ray walked to the back yard and hefted the small axe from the cutting stump. Five birch logs of considerable width sat stacked nearby. Nothing an hour of hard work wouldn’t deplete.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
The little bauble sent a spark of magic, shattering, Firneen losing the ability to see through walls. He sighed, knowing he would have to get closer. He cast a small spell, meant to make him appear human. He went over to the tavern and walked through the doors, going to the bar and asked for their strongest drink. He shot it down, motioning for another, the alcohol barely affecting him, the cloaking magic sending small tendrils around him, very thin tendrils, but visible to those with superior vision.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"Me?" Viktor scoffed. "I was just passing through when I noticed this one's predicament." He hitched a thumb at Jofan. "And I'm not one to stand idly by when one like him is threatened. You'd think dragonslayers would have some scrap of honor, any sort of code... but they're all the same - driven by bloodlust and hatred..." He sighed softly. "... reminds me of someone I knew..." he murmured with closed eyes.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"Sad that they don't realize that it is people like them who have doomed this world,  if you haven't heard anything of that old man who stands in the town center all day." Spyra replied. "What he says is right though."

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Atauri feels sorry for Jofan once he said how does he was treated which made her ignore Spyra appearance for a little. The things the dragon said has shocked the elf for a little as she couldn't believe that there were persons, who see dragons as enemies. After everything, they have done for saving the world from the collapse (Azeroth was still alive only because of their help), the world still has unthankful bastards who offending them, not to mention kill them. And dark arts... what kind of rituals were so cruel that would require a kill of such divine being? This is all made Katmai a little angry and now she wanted to look into eyes everyone, who were daring enough to kill a dragon. Even harming Jofan. But thanks to the impact of four elements, she was still unnaturally calm.

"I want to stay with you until I find those unholy creatures who want your death. Maybe you know but among most of the elves, dragons are on the same place with Gods. I can tell you more if you want". Said the night elf as she took Jofan' hand in her hands, slowly petting it. The purple-skinned girl didn't want to release seeing the dragon as her fate. Besides, physical contact with dragons restores her mana, makes her happy. Yes, the world has evil dragons, but as Atauri was aware, in most cases it was not their fault. Dragons just see that their efforts weren't appreciated and turn to the Dark side. Smaug was a good example. And the elf was wondering if that 'corrupted by the gold' lizard was still alive.

But only Jofan has introduced himself, wolf' name Atauri still didn't know. Besides, why those thugs attacked him was still an opened question. Spyra and Firneen were also points of interest, as elf vision was magical nature and she saw those sparks. But except Jofan, Viktor was the second top priority now, on whom she looked now. Perhaps, she and the wolf have many things in common as they both survived the same Azeroth' big events. And in case Katmai would never have met the cute dragon (yes, she considered Jofan as a pretty sweet being), Viktor would be the point of her researching number one.

"So you're all in this city in the search of Guardians? And wolf, what's your name? ". Asked sharp-eared female, once Spyra has provided such an opportunity.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 08:32:08 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"Call me..."She paused for a moment thinking " Siera." she finsihed.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
He shot back another drink, telling the bartender to just keep them coming. He lost his concentration for a second, the illusion shattering for only a second, but it seemed a lifetime before he was able to cast the spell again. He glanced quickly over to the bartender, who was staring right at him. He twisted, letting him catch sight of his scimitars, whispering "You say anything, I'll make sure you won't say anything again. If you stay silent, I'll reward you." The bartender gulped, but returned to mixing drinks for him. Firneen gave a small nod, whispering "Thank you" and put a small pouch of coins on the bar. He looked to his side, watching Jofan out of the corner of his eye.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Between the female standing before them and the entrance of the latest person who also smelled...off and looked off, Jofan was getting uneasy.  He would give Viktor another nudge and motion to the strange fellow who was now drinking at the bar "Smell off, too many odd smells in tavern.  This one think time to go soon." he grumbled then looked to Spyra as he was letting her know that he was also referring to her.

Jofan's unease was lightened a little when Atauri spoke about wanting to stay with him. To which he chuckled softly and shrugged "Purple Elf get stuck with dragon long time then eh?  Seem never ending supply of fools hunt dragons" He gave Atauri's hand a pat with his much larger talon.  Atauri's other question made him pause again as he had heard stories about the Guardians, yet was he out here in search of them? He wasnt quite sure and so, for now he did not answer and just smiled at the Nightelf. 

The dragon's smile was short, however, as something caught his attention.  While he didn't see it directly, he did catch the brief glimpse of Firneen's illusion fading. Add that to the fact that Jofan could smell the fear coming from the bartender.  This cause the dragon to emit a hiss and a low growl that rumbled through his chest as he eyed the strange human downing drink after drink at the bar "One at bar not right, hiding something, smell off too"  Jofan did not hide the fact that he was staring directly at Firneen, he had been attacked once already and he wasnt about to let another fool catch him off guard again.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"To answer your question, elf, my name is Horgus - Viktor Horgus. Beyong that, not much mat--" Viktor told Atauri. He was cut off by Jofan's statement. He turned and fixed his deathly gaze on Firneen. A growl, completely akin to that of a Dragon's, rumbled in his throat, and one of his hands reached up and gripped one of his katanas. The other hand gestured, and began glowing with dark, unholy energies. "You have exactly ten seconds to explain yourself, interloper!" he growled with that voice that seemed to have a deathly, yet mechanical thrum.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
"As long as death won't separate us, my lovely dragon". Atauri said, stood up and gently run her hand over Jofan' maw and cheek. The thing which most people might consider ugly, the elf treats as divine. She felt as Jofan' soul is tormented, felt his internal pain, as elves are very sensitive creatures and can understand when a person suffers inside. Much more than any ever-living being. Starting from now, nothing could set them apart and so she whispered. "My life is our life now. Your fate is our fate now. Your pain is our common".

Course, Firneen also has come across the night elf attention, but she was less worried. She knew, in case she starts to do something, she might destroy the entire tavern with just snap of her fingers. Instead, she simply waited for some aggressive action from the human side and in case of such, would try to disable him in a blink of an eye. Moreover, Viktor was already dealing with Firneen, so Katmai thought, that her speech toward the stranger would be an overkill.
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.