The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 29154 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
The keeper fetched a single loaf of bread, happily counting out the amount owed and returning the rest.

Ray watched the keeper count the money, very confused. Silus has always taken everything Ray had, and given a half of bread, maybe some hard cheese if the lizard felt generous. Ray looked up at Spyra, hoping for an explanation.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
"The Lizard you knew was a scamming theif..." Spyra replied. "But we need to go elsewhere soon so....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Jofan looked at Viktor with a raised brow when the ice wolf produced a vile out of thin air.  The dragon would shake his head at the magic, never quite understanding magic users.  Most were good, some were bad...then there were the types that had some silly notion that they needed to kill a dragon for powerful magic. 

The large dragon watched Viktor down the foul smelling liquid and shuddered at what the wolf had drank.  "When this one say, want drink with Ice Wolf, foul liquid not what Dragon meant" he chuckled and looked back to the NightElf when she healed his talon.  Instinctively he flexed his newly healed talon and snorted an approval "Ha! Purple Elf do good, stay with eh?  This dragon get into much trouble"

Jofan was about to say more when there was a bit of a commotion across the main thoroughfare.  While he didnt see who did it, he could smell the other dragon, what species, he couldn't tell.  All he saw was the slumped guard that was just knocked unconscious a few seconds before.  Jofan reached out with his other talon to stop Viktor and motioned to where some guards were gathering around their unconscious fellow.

"Perhaps we go inside now" he rumbled and pulled his, now shredded, cloak over his  wings and did his best to tuck his tail in close.....it wouldn't do much as he was still a good several heads taller than anyone around....

The large dragon pushed past Viktor and ducked his head through the small opening to the tavern, the wood groaning in protest to the added weight of the armored dragon.  Once inside he got out of the doorway to allow Viktor and Atauri to enter behind him. 

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"I wouldn't expect you to really know what this stuff is," Viktor told Jofan as he shakily walked inside and sat at a table. "Picked some up on a world far from here... and from what I hear, I was lucky to get away from there when I did. Place was destroyed, the whole world. The Hobus Supernova, they kept calling it." He shook the bottle. "This stuff's hard to come by, now. Fortunately, I managed to figure out the recipe."
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
"What you did was dangerous Firneen. You're supposed to stay incognito." the shopkeeper said, the only person Firneen could trust in this town. She was a Dragon-Worshipper like him, except she took a more human form to fit in. "What I did was less then what would have happened if the alarms went off. Didn't you see the battle between the dragon and hunter?" The shopkeeper filled the pack up with the meat and took the gold from the pouch. "Yes I did, and that same dragon noticed you. He smelled you." "And how would you know that?" he snorted. The keeper stood up and looked closely into his eyes. "My name is Saphira. The first Saphira." Firneen coughed, surprised, and tilted his head, doing a mini bow. He grabbed the pouch and the pack and rushed back into the woods.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Ray raised an eyebrow. “Huh? Go where? I’m supposed to help mister Gressin with the forge, and then cut wood for missus Dyrin...b-but, um...” He looked over his shoulder before drawing his paws to his chest, toying with a claw. A nervous habit, as Ray had a very hard time saying ‘no’. Even though they just met, Ray would be at Spyra’s beck and call.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Viktor' speech has confused the night elf for a little as she was trying to remember the best healers of Kalimdor and challenges they have faced during the invasion of the Burning Legion and slightly after its end half of century ago, the event when she was able to prove herself as a powerful elementalist. Being the highest priest of Daranssus, she knew a lot of Kalimdor' healers and had been wondering upon which Viktor had come across. This why Atauri followed the wolf as she wanted to know what the curse was upon this anthro creature and try to help him. Actually, she was much more capable than just controlling the elements, the night elf has simply decided to focus on what she liked the most and where she was the most talented. But in case she would need to become a healer which would able to cleanse Viktor from his curse (or whatever it was), Katmai will do what's might need to help the wolf from her side. As well as Jofan because she feels that these two might need her help (and let's be honest - she wanted to be the dragon' partner... or even more).

"This dragon can count on my help. Basically, this is why I'm here". Stated Katmai with a bit playful manner, once she entered the tavern, trying to establish good relationships with the big beast. She does remember Jofan' question, her mind just has been busy with other thoughts. However, it wasn't her last speech and once Viktor took a set at a table, and so the night elf did, started her speech softly and calm like there was no any battle a few minutes ago at all. "I'm Atauri, the highest priest of Daranssus. Even though I'm not a healer, I want to know what just has happened with you during the fight. The last time I've seen something similar was during the Burning Legion invasion and those events had cost too much for Azeroth. Hence, I'm worried if you have been cursed by any of legion' warlocks. Trust me, as I really want to help you".

(Rom, are we in the same tavern where Alessia and Ray?)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:17:34 AM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
(I think so.)

"If I knew what made me an undying son of a *****, I'd tell you," Viktor responded. He fixed his glowing blue eyes on Katmai. "And I know well about the Burning Legion. It was from them that I learned how to create portals between worlds, if you take my meaning. But they were not the source of my curse." He paused to take a swig of his drink. "Surely, you remember the name... Arthas? Or perhaps the predations of the Scourge?" His glowing blue eyes stared straight at Katmai, waiting for her to draw a conclusion.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Ray raised an eyebrow. “Huh? Go where? I’m supposed to help mister Gressin with the forge, and then cut wood for missus Dyrin...b-but, um...” He looked over his shoulder before drawing his paws to his chest, toying with a claw. A nervous habit, as Ray had a very hard time saying ‘no’. Even though they just met, Ray would be at Spyra’s beck and call.
:"How much debt are you into?" Spyra asked with a sigh.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
Firneen shook his head, unbelieving. Saphira. The FIRST Saphira. The Dragon-Worshippers name themselves after dragons. He took the pack and ran to his little camp at the outskirts of the woods, lose to the market, and put the pack down, preparing the fire.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray didn’t look at Spyra as he spoke. “I’m not in anything. I just help ‘cause...w-well...I just like to help.” The little raccoon shuffled on his feet. “I just like to help.”

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Ray didn’t look at Spyra as he spoke. “I’m not in anything. I just help ‘cause...w-well...I just like to help.” The little raccoon shuffled on his feet. “I just like to help.”
"Alright, go do what you need and meet me back here then." Spyra sighed... waving her hand in the air a purple colored aura enveloping her hand.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Jofan listened to both Viktor and Atauri go back and forth, having no clue as to what they both were talking about.  Still, he did his best to follow along and not interrupt their chat with questions. 

"This one appreciate help and company.  No fun travel alone eh?" he said and looked at the two when their conversation had a pause. "Perhaps we drink no? This dragon buy round.....if another order drinks"  Jofan smiled and placed several gold pieces on the table.  "Oh, food!  Meat and noodles if tavern have them" he said in a hushed but eager tone, not wanting to draw any more attention to him than he already had when he entered the establishment.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
So Viktor knew a lot. Pretty much as for a Worgen like him. Have been participating in all major war events in Azeroth, Atauri was aware of all the names pronounced by the wolf and even more. She thought, that Scourge was the worst what could happen in Azeroth, but five years ago Stormwind and some other human capital cities have been attacked by the hordes of abominations which led Atauri along with some of the Alliance knights to the land, called Wraeclast. The horror she has seen there showed her how cruel human nature might be in order to become a god. Pools and chambers of the Lunaris temple, filled with blood, and hundreds of dead bodies which were supposed to be a result of immoral, merciless experiments made Katmai sometimes awake during the sleep in a cold sweat. Even the Lich King wasn't so cruel as characters she met there. Compared to Kitava, Kil'jaeden is a kid.

"I know those names, wolf. And I have been one of those who were fighting with all of them. But even being defeated, Scourge lieutenants are still roaming even after the Lich King death. So except this dragon and now you, Scourge is a reason for my presence here. We do believe, they want to strike again, but this time stronger and probably not only upon Azeroth. And they want to do it much stronger". Began the night elf mildly as she started having flashbacks, back to the days she battled with Arthas at Icecrown Citadel and Lordaeron and thus have an empty gaze. Like she looking through Viktor. But Jofan' voice has pulled her out of her dark memories and her tone became less grim. "You are right, dragon, but I'd opt for some fruits. But what your names, guys? And why those thugs attacked you? Because as I think, we all now in the same boat and call you every time by your appearance... Seems a little unpolite for me"

Katmai is also noted Spyra, so along with Jofan there were two dragons. As long as she wanted, a night elf can make a lifetime bond only with one dragon. But it made Atauri wondered why this city has so many dragons today. Encounter one of them was luck and now there was two of them. Perhaps, they were searching for the Guardians, as they were their ancestors. At least the highest priestess thought so.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 03:53:35 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray nodded, and scampered off to complete his obligations. First, the forge.

Gressin was a crotchety old goat, toned and tanned by the forgefire. His calloused hands guided tools and shaped iron with little effort, years of practice in operation. Gressin looked up as Ray approached with a smirk.
"A touch late, lad. Iron's already waitin'."
"Sorry, Gressin." Ray said as he removed his pack. "I got held up at the tavern."
"Silus again?" Gressin sighed through his nose, shaking his head. "Boy, I told ya he's bad news. Y'don't owe him nothin'. Now, c'mere, get the bucket."
Ray dragged a tin bucket to the water pump, filled it, and carried it back to the smith with a little effort. The goat stabbed the scorching hot metal into the water, withdrawing it, and inspecting its shape. "Guards put in a big order, m'boy. Hope y'don't have anything else t'do today."
Ray blanched. "Uhm...Old Lady Dyrin had a few logs she wanted split."
Chuckling, Gressin hammered rhythmically. "She tell y'that, eh? A lady, now, is she? Heh, give 'er a month an' she'll be Queen, mark m'words."
Ray giggled quietly, but didn't really understand the scope of Gressin's joke.