The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 27809 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"I have been hunted like a war criminal ever since I broke from Arthas' domination!" The wolf suddenly snapped, putting a hand on one of his katanas, dark, unholy energy pulsating in the other. "I have slain my own kin, calling themselves the Knights of the Ebon Blade, who have come looking for me! I have seen demons far more terryfying than what I have seen here! I have seen the Cataclysm Deathwing caused in his rage! I have saved worlds! I have slain gods! I have killed countless mortals who dared cross me! So do not speak to me of being hunted, Joorre! You've no concept of what it means to be hunted!"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Spyra grumbled stuffing the coins she was holding for the raccon into his pack and walked into the alley and stood between the large eyrie wolf and the dragon "Then you wouldn't object to causing more chaos..." The she-wolf half-growled. "This word already has enough chaos if you didn't notice, I don't think any of us should add to it."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
The wolf snarled, "You mortals grasp at threads when there are far greater things at stake! I have seen it before! There are forces that move unseen, darker than your mind could possibly comprehend! Do not speak to me of chaos on one world when I have seen it on many! Time and time again!"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Mentally sighing Spyra stood firm in her position. "The chaos here is nothing compared to what you've seen, Dark One! I suggest you calm down your darkened spirit before you do more things that you'll end up regretting."
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
Jofan rolled his eyes indignantly at Viktor as if the wolf expected everyone to know what the heck he was talking about.  Though, the moment that Viktor placed a paw on one of his swords, Jofan's wings flexed as he took another step back. Not in fear but because he did not want the Raccoon boy to get hurt, should Jofan need to protect himself.  A low guttural growl quickly formed in his throat as he eyed the wolf and was about to snap back at the fool when the wolfess stepped in and snapped at the two of them.

With a loud harumph, Jofan reeled his head back with a look of 'I didnt do nothing, it was him!' when Spyra looked in his direction.  He wanted to say more in defense of himself but the look that Spyra gave him, made him think twice about it.....then again....

"Icewolf do things to make one hunted, this one do nothing but get born and was hunted!" he spat back before his wings suddenly closed tighter around him and he appeared to try and make himself appear smaller.  It was as if he was more afraid of Spyra's wrath than that of Viktor.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Jofan's last comment - doing things to make him hunted - made the Wolf pause. "As if I had a choice," he snarled. He huffed, but his hand retracted from his blade, and his other hand stopped glowing. "I remember being like you... so long ago. That all changed when the Scourge came knocking. Oh, I fought them... but in the end, like so many others..." He paused, closing his eyes as he remembered the screams. He brought a hand up to his face, holding his eyes closed, then stated, "... I need a drink." And headed into the tavern.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
As soon as the shouting started, Ray ran. Past the wolf, past the dragon, deeper into the alleyway the raccoon flew. Shouts begat violence, and often the young raccoon had been the target. The coins he had collected sat abandoned on the flagstones in front of Spyra. Ray would’ve left the coins she had shoved in his pack, had he realized they were there. Ray ducked behind a waste-barrel, fearful and teary-eyed.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"And this is why the guardians left this world to die, you all are too easy to anger or scare, and you let that anger and fear rule you..." Spyra growled, spotting the coins the raccoon left on the ground, picking them all up she left the dragon and wolf to argue, trying to find the raccoon, as she walked deeper into the alley leaving the two to argue, she no longer cared...

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
Jofan gruffed as everything seemed to be going wrong.  One one side he had an irritable icicle wolf, another he had an irritated female wolf and then there was the scared little Raccoon boy.  Before he could stop himself he muttered 'Could this day get any worse' in dragon-tongue. 

The large tail of the dragon suddenly barred Spyra's path to the boy when Jofan noticed what she was doing.  His large broad head slowly shook before he spoke out softly to her "Mmmmmm, The Guardians no leave, they hunted by your kind. Out of Anger, out of fear, out of stupid." he rumbled and slowly lifted his tail "Let boy be, boy afraid and best to let boy come to you, else boy....." Jofan paused as a peculiar scent caught his attention.  Slowly, the large dragon stood up to his full height, his neck stretching slightly as he sniffed at the air a few more times.

"Get boy, take inside....danger come for this one." he said in a soft growl that wasn't directed at her "Go, NOW...RUN!" he said much louder as a large group of Bandits, Bounty-Hunters and Mercenaries entered the alleyway, blocking the path to the main road.  Jofan's wings snapped open abruptly as he roared out at the villainous bunch, hoping to distract them from Spyra and the Raccoon boy nearby.  Normally he would have brought both his swords to bear before trouble showed up but with Spyra and the boy so close, he could not risk hurting them in the ensuing melee that was to come.

Jofan did not even fight back when two large spiked hooks were thrown at the dragon and wrapped around both of his wrists, the sharp prongs dug into his thick leathery hide as the Mercs holding them pulled them tight and spread his arms apart. Another threw a weighted chain with heavy balls on each end to wrap around the dragons maw before a few more ran up and hit the back of his legs to make him fall to his knees.  They all cheered and yelled obscenities at the dragon as they felt that this was all too easy and chalked it up to the fact that this dragon was all talk and no bite.  Little did they know that Jofan didn't fight back because he did not want the boy to witness death and slaughter of these poor fools. 

For now, Jofan just glared at them all with an icey stare, smoke curling from his nostrils as a muted growl slipped past his maw.  He would pull at the chains a bit, testing both the strength of their handlers as well as their footing.....biding his time when the boy was out of sight so he could strike back.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
(Damn this insomnia...)

Slow clapping as one particular human man in black leather armor came into view. At his hip rested a golden-hilted katana. "Well, well, well," he chuckled, as though he were amused. "Another dragon. Can't say I'm impressed. You were... so easy to subdue." The man knelt before Jofan. "The rest of your kind put up more of a fight. I know. I watched them. And I swore to myself, when I came of age, that I would find the rest of your kind. Your kind has no place here. Not anymore." He scoffed. "Funny. I had thought my first dragon kill would be more... entertaining. Hnh."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"Nobody tells me what to do." Spyra growled to Jofan, reguardless, the bandits forced her hand for now, but if she could just reveal something... She growled almost letting out a loud roar and she walked to the boy and ushered him inside.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
As Spyra neared him, Ray panicked. He figured she was going to rob him of the rest of his things, and so he drew upon the sword on his back. The broadsword, old, rusted and dull, fought against the scabbard as the jagged edges bit at the leather. Ray tugged hard and was rewarded with a sharp metallic “CRACK”, as the blade snapped in two. The raccoon brandished the broken hilt of the sword, the blade half-exposed from the scabbard.
“P-Please,” the child half-sobbed, terrified. “I-I don’t have anything else.”

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
As Spyra neared him, Ray panicked. He figured she was going to rob him of the rest of his things, and so he drew upon the sword on his back. The broadsword, old, rusted and dull, fought against the scabbard as the jagged edges bit at the leather. Ray tugged hard and was rewarded with a sharp metallic “CRACK”, as the blade snapped in two. The raccoon brandished the broken hilt of the sword, the blade half-exposed from the scabbard.
“P-Please,” the child half-sobbed, terrified. “I-I don’t have anything else.”
The she-wolf sighed... "I'm not robbing you common let's get inside, where it's safe!"

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Awards
Jofan's head snapped to the new arrival, clearly the man was the leader of this band of misfits.  A low gutteral growl emanated from his restrained maw while smoke continued to seep from his nostrils.  He jerked and lunged at the foul man as much as he could, pulling the several handlers forward a foot before they regained their hold on the dragon.  With his maw mere inches from the foul smelling man in black, he snorted, blowing smoke at him as his eyes narrowed and a deeper growl rumbled through his chest.  All Jofan saw, was a dead man walking, yet the poor fool didnt yet realize it.  The only thing holding him back at the moment was the Raccoon boy still in the alleyway, such a small child should not witness bloodshed.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"So you do have some fight in you, it seems - so much the better," the man chuckled. "I'm tempted to let you loose - but I think not. I have you right where I want you." He placed a hand on his katana. "Many of your kind will die by my blade..."

"That's some pretty big talk, coming from a runt," cried out a voice with an unnatural thrum from the mouth of the alley. There stood the strange wolf from before, his eyes glowing blue. His left hand held the thug posted as a lookout, his grip so tight the man couldn't make a sound, and held up so high his feet were a foot and a half off the ground. He kicked and struggled to get free, but the wolf's grip didn't budge.

The leader frowned as he saw Viktor there. "And... who are you?" he asked, almost irritatedly.

"My name has been forgotten by time itself, but since you asked, it's Horgus... Viktor Horgus," the wolf replied.

"I'm a little busy right now, mister Horgus, so--" the leader started.

"So I see," Viktor cut him off. In an instant, he tightened his grip so tight, it broke the lookout's neck with an audible crunch! That lookout then glowed briefly, then the glow went to Viktor, and when it subsided after just a second, he dropped the lookout like a sack of rotten potatoes. The lookout dropped like a rock and didn't get back up. Viktor began walking toward the group, and the contempt, hatred and sarcasm was clear in his voice as he spoke again: "You are truly courageous to kill a dragon who isn't even fighting back. What's wrong? Can't face your enemy unless he's tied up and unable to fight back?"

"But look at what's tied up - he's a dragon. Dragons don't belong here!" the leader sneered. "They bring only fire and death! They caused our world's current troubles!"

"And you believe yourself to be their judge, jury, and executioner? Such arrogance," Viktor scoffed. "Regardless, I will not let you harm a dragon, regardless of your reasons. Unchain him now and leave, and that will be the end of it."

The leader smiled wickedly. "And if I don't?" he asked.

"You know what happens if you don't," Viktor growled. The glow in his eyes intensified.

"James... I don't think we should provoke this guy," one of the thugs with twin daggers said. "He... he carries the aura of Death!"

"Interestingly enough," Viktor said, his face contorting to a vicious scowl. "He's not wrong. Let the dragon go... or face my wrath." The last comment was made with a dark, deathly thrum.