The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 29674 times)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray looked at the old bear with little recognition. The young raccoon didn’t know the doomsayer well, merely in passing more than anything. He followed Spyra without speaking, wiping the occasional tear away.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
"The ruins are a temple some crazy cult used to worship the guardian dragons, though many mearly used it to contact them, the guardian dragons remained hidden from the world hiding in caves or rifts of time away from the real world as they whatched over it for signs of trouble, it was destroyed by a natural event. The bear turned to Tristan" And how do I know, young one? Look at yourself look into your heart I can read you like a book, young one, I know your deeds, and even aside from that if you look upon yourself you will know it were true as more and more dragons died they guardians fell farther and farther from this world, as thier kin were slayed one by one and as less and less dragons remain the world got worse you should know this." The bear replied trying his best to not reveal the man's secrets....

Spyra turned to Ray and sighed, "Stay strong and things will get better, I promise"She said to the boy, but at  her last two words ray might have felt he was hallucinating, for as Spyra spoke those two words, a  god like, yet still feminine voice echoed in his head and if he was paying attention he might have seen the true form of Spyra's purple scaled head that 'super imposed itself over her wolf head for a few seconds.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 03:33:12 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
"Then the temple is where we shall start this... search," Viktor said. He looked to Atauri. "Will you be okay? Can you walk?" He shuddered as a cold chill shot up his spine, then looked to the horizon. What he was looking for wasn't clear, but it was evident from his face that he perceived something. But just as he felt it, the sense was gone. He muttered something in a foreign language that no one in the immediate vicinity would understand, then returned his attention to Atauri.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
The funny part of the current scene was that elven sorceress was agreed with Tristan about the bear. Indeed, he could be a mere trespasser who loves to talk epic stories and fairytales, having a lack of a good company. But the way of how the fox snapped on the bear speech made Ori frowned, and Viktor could note it. Tristan either doesn't believe in them or hate. Moreover, the further wizard' expression made Ori sure, that he wasn't an outcast or mad, as things he told could only be spoken by a person who was very familiar with the Guardians history. Hence the night elf has had enough reasons to trust the bear.

"Do you have any issues with the Guardians, fox? Maybe you can tell us your story? I'd love to hear". Ori said with her typical calm, but the pretty serious tone and watched right in his eyes, like she tried to look directly into his soul. She wanted to hear the reason why his demeanor in the current situation was as such. The elf has started to suspect, that the fox could be a dragonslayer, but she has no direct evidence of this and just like in the case of the bear, the sorceress was afraid to make a false accusation. But Viktor' ask has snapped out Atauri from the focus on their vulpine friend and made her look a little confused. "Yes, I'm gonna be fine. I can even fly."

"What we need to look for in ruins, good sir?" Ori asked after a little break because even what the bear has said wasn't enough. The purple-skinned didn't want to bother the man in front of her, yet a journey to the ruins with no idea what they are going to look for was a little silly.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:04:08 AM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
Tristan glowered at the bear's words, and though he was right about the state of the world, Tristan could not accept his reasoning. There could be any number of reasons as to why the world has been growing progressively worse in these past years, but the bear planted within Tristan's mind the very worst of possible seeds; doubt. The possibility that the state of the world is down to people like Tristan has been revealed to him, and now he must carry that doubt; until the day it is proved true or until Tristan can banish the doubt from his mind. Whichever will come first remains to be seen.

And, of course, the fox's glower would turn to the elf, the vulpine speaking in a derisive tone, "You wish to share personal histories here, now, in the middle of a siege by the forces of the Defiler? When we get out of this city, I will spin you whatever yarns you dare wish, but for now survival is far more important. We need to leave, while we still can."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
Ray searched Spyra’s face for any hint of falsehood, but couldn’t find anything of the sort. It lifted his spirit a little bit. Though, he had been too preoccupied with the search for lies that he missed the super-imposed dragon-head. Not that it would’ve mattered. Ray’s father, pious as he was, put his faith and the faith of his family in gods of his lineage’s making. Ray assumed that his strange adoptive mother thought a show of magic would distract him. Ray had heard of the Guardians, and now more than ever hoped they were real, but he held his father’s beliefs a touch closer to his heart. 

He spoke quietly after Spyra finished. “I-I...I don’t want promises. I want my family back.” Ray hung his head, wiping his face with both paws, forgetting he had dropped his sword.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Spyra wrapped her arms around Ray comforting him.

"Well what are you waiting for?" The old bear asked. "The world isn't going to save itself and it seems the demons are gone for now." the old man sighed, thinking of what had just been lost....
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"Then we'd better get going," Viktor said officiously. He slowly loosened his grip on Atauri. "Are you sure you're alright? Will you be able to walk?" He looked around momentarily, looking for a path out of the city, and on looking a specific direction, he was hit again with that subtle feeling, and this time, as though in a trance, started walking in a direction. "Vulkest..." he whispered.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
"You're a pretty funny fox. That's what I like in you.". Atauri said and smiled when Tristan had attempted to tease or provoke her. Whatever it was, she liked his attitude. In general, all foxes she met prior today had such personality, and Tristan hasn't been much different from a typical fox. A bit cynical, a bit sarcastic. But sometimes the elf has the same qualities, and she didn't show it explicitly as her face is almost in the same state due to her magical nature. And the sorceress would say, being positive in any situation helps. She knew by herself. "I'll keep it in my mind. But you can tell us your story during our journey."

Bear' answer didn't satisfy elf too much. Perhaps, he was too old and had some issues with his memory. That's why the purple-skinned one decided not to bother the bear with more questions and go in the place he pointed. The only thing the night elf has been afraid is that they could spend a lot of time in search of something and won't be successful. And fingers crossed, no one will die in the process. So once the female elf had thanked the wizard for his information, she rushed to Viktor. Jofan still wasn't with them. Maybe because of Tristan? Because in case it was true, the fox will have to tell much more than just his story.

"Any ideas of what we shall look for there? Maybe your... dragon' half can tell us?". Atauri uttered when she had overtaken the wolf. If there was something in ruins which only a dragon could sense or see a connection with dragons, so only Viktor could help. Or Jofan provided he will join the team for a trip.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
The fox knight would largely ignore Atauri, and he knew nothing of what Viktor mumbled about and didn't care to know. But Jofan's absence would be noted, that would send the knight into grinding his teeth in frustration. Did he lose him? Did the dragon realise his nature and run? Or did the dragon simply get distracted somewhere? Regardless, if they do not find him by the time they leave the city walls, Tristan would have to go searching for him again. Even a dragon cannot get far, and nor could be so easily escape the pursuit of a hunter.

For now, Tristan points over to a pathway, and barked out, "That way. That is the way I came. We can take the same route, and rush for the gates once we get onto the main roads. Hopefully the guards haven't sealed the city yet."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
    • Awards
Ray didn’t resist the embrace, but he didn’t return the hug. He stayed there a few moments before extricating himself, albeit gently. Ray then realized he had left his sword by Gressin, and went to retrieve it. He could feel his destiny being laid before him, an adventure to save everyone. The boy knew that the sword would be necessary. With difficulty, Ray sheathed the blade and returned to Spyra. He looked around at whoever was left, hoping to find the Guard Captain. Although, as far as Ray could figure, the guards had moved to defend the town walls, or whatever was left.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
When Ray returned to her, Spyra waved her arm for Ray to follow her as she headed after Viktor and the others as they were headed out of the city.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Viktor continued to walk in that same direction, as though tranced, repeating "Vulkest" every so often. In an abrupt change, he snapped back to normal, looking around as though confused. He looked to Atauri with a frown. It deepened, and he looked back toward the distance, and to anyone who knew Dovah - the language of the Dragons - he would say in that language, "We're being watched..."

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
The night elf didn't care about the road to the ruins. Luckily, there were no guards at the city' gates, so the group bypassed the city entrance without any problems. Local guardians are probably busy with something more important rather than patrolling the gates as demons wouldn't need any negotiations, they'll take everything they want with their raw force. Besides, after their invasion, the city needs a lot of working hands to restore the damage to the town the demons caused. The only thing Atauri was worrying about is Viktor' speech and the way he looked on her. She knew Dovahzul, but it didn't help in the current situation. However, the elf saw a connection between two wolf' talks.

"Do you think an ancient evil waits for us in ruins? Something worse, than Diil?". Atauri asked, also watching in the distance. She didn't felt any negative energy as it was in the city, not even for a little. Either the creature was so strong and vicious, that it was able to hide its energy trace or the team was simply not close enough to the ruins. So she decided just to wait until the team doesn't approach the location close enough.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Tristan would be able to recognise the words spoken by the wolf as draconic in nature, but as to what the words mean is lost on the dragonslayer. Understanding what a dragon speaks is not particularly important to those that hunt them, though this is no excuse for Tristan; he would learn it if he were to be taught, but dragons typically are not eager to share their secrets with those that kill them.

The vulpine would lead the others through to the main road, a wide highway meant for much traffic in and out of the capital, with a straight sprint all the way to the great gatehouse that is one of the cities entrances. As the party would rush along toward the gatehouses, bodies could be seen, murdered and torn apart by the vile demons. Men. Women. Such creatures care not for who their victims are, only that they die, and die screaming. Tristan keeps his eyes on the prize of freedom in the wilderness beyond the city walls, where they would have to contend with the beasts of the land instead of those of damnation.

To finally pass the gates, worrying though it is to see defensive lines stand unmanned, provides much relief to be out, away from the chaos. Of course, out where and away from the stench of decay within the walls, Tristan's own taint would now be much easier to detect. In this way, Tristan distances himself from the others, scanning his surroundings to find the dragon that is his target.