The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Coming Catastrophe: The Search For The Guardians.(We were a bunch of idiots!  (Read 29966 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Reluctantly, Ray followed Spyra as she made for the blacksmith. However, as fast as she was, the demons had already maimed Gressin fatally. He lay in the shattered remains of his door, throat torn open from ear to ear. Glistening crimson painted the floor, as the old goat choked on his life. He reached out for help, though the gravity of his wounds didn’t elude him. With a final shudder, Gressin passed.
Spyra kneeled next to the goat and a bright beam of light emitteed from her hand shooting into Gressin, the goat would suddely heal his wounds mending, his body repariing and hopefully, his spirit did not leave his body yet. "This is not suppose to happen." Spyra sighed as she knelt near the blacksmith hoping she had not been too late to save the blacksmith , unfortunatly for the old lady, she was too far gone, for the she-wolf looking dragon, in disguise to revive without revealing too much of herself.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: alien
  • Currently: saves the Galaxy
Atauri' turn
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
Atauri has heard Tristan' comment as well and has perfectly aware who the fox was talking about. Creatures with no soul, driven by the only desire to kill. Empty bodies, whose soul was placed in soul gems and doomed to suffer eternal torment. Course, Viktor life was a torment itself, yet he wasn't a Devoured, the abomination Atauri meet personally long ago in the place the called Sanctuary. And she hoped that it will never happen. Not with Viktor, Jofan or everyone she knows. She was alone quite long and the feeling she got with Viktor and Jofan she didn't want to lose. Being important for someone you like and someone who like you... what's can be better. And luckily for Tristan, Atauri was always has a tendency to resolve any conflicts in a peaceful manner. Especially when it comes about furries.

"Viktor is right. Devoured never act on their own, let alone come into cities. Not to mention having feelings and soul. And believe me, fox, if Viktor would be a real Devoured, we probably would never meet each other". The only thing Atauri said to the black vulpine before changed her attention to Horgus and continued with a much softer tone. It was a real pleasure for her, that she was able to befriend with an anthro creature and even bigger, however, she suspected, that the shifter didn't know her background. Because in case it was true, then the wolf could be less worried. "I know what you feel, my dear Viktor. But trust me... My experience in dealing with the evil of Tammuz-an is way bigger than you can suspect. The only thing we should really care about is possible reasons of the demon attack. I remember, there was an old human shouting something about it...".

Upon these words, Atauri decided to approach the square where an old wizard was shouting about the end of the world, watching in the skies meanwhile. Winged demons were still a threat which shouldn't write off and a small number of other demons were still in the city somewhere. But this isn't what made the night elf upset. While she walking to the square, the purple-skinned female has encountered a dead goat with Spyra next to her. So the battle for the city hasn't run smooth and only Guardians could know how many else losses the city experienced. Combined with the picture of burning roofs, Katmai' mood has dropped to the bottom and desire to level the city in order to find every damned demon and kill him for a single problem they brought today was intensifying. But the only thing happened is the rain started by Atauri itself and her mood, which reassembles grey skies before a storm. Furious and merciless. Her happiness and joy were no more. No more until Guardians won't return.

"Where are you, old man? Highest priestess of Darnassus wants to see you.". The elf uttered seeing no the wizard around. He was probably hiding or... was dead, but the last has to be proved in the first place.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 08:11:28 PM by XIII »
Galactic Society site's owner, find me at https://galacticsocietyrp.jcink.net

I've left the TFF forever and won't return anytime soon.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
 the old man, a wizard suddenly appeared out of nowhere he had been using an invsibility spell, the old grey bear walked to the elf "What is it Child?" the old wizard ask panting as the spell had sapped him of his power...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 3 years
  • This Profile is Shut Down
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Black with white accents
"Oh, rest assured, I am seeing far more than just what is on the surface, Sir Wolf." Tristan spoke back at Viktor, a slight condescending edge to his tone, and he could only smirk as the elf attempted to speak on matters of the Devoured; predictably inaccurate as always. Tristan wasn't entirely sure if the elf was speaking in terms of his religion, or if she was speaking of something else commonly known as 'Devoured.' Either way, what she was speaking of was not the same thing that Tristan refers to by that name, and so he cannot help but smirk at the elf's attempt at lecture.

Once the elf's attention drifted, Tristan turn to look down to the mouth of the alley, finding the way clear but there were still screams and sounds of battle echoing over the city. How many others took up arms against the demons? Have the city guard responded? Or are those sounds of battle being made by other well-armed private citizens much like those Tristan has found here? Regardless, the city is still not yet safe, and Tristan quickly turns to his horse to untie her reins from against a post supporting the tavern. "Come on, girl, we're getting out of here."

Atauri and Viktor were already out of the alley and back into the square when Tristan come out too, Midnight trotting by his side with his left hand holding the reins just under Midnight's chin, the knight deciding to stick close to the others for now; safety in numbers and all that. Besides, if these people can fight off any further demons, sparing Tristan any further need to beseech the Divine, all the better for it. Having Her gaze upon him... he cannot help but shudder.
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
When the old man appeared, Viktor nearly jumped out of his skin saying some choice words resulting from being startled, keeping Atauri close. When he recognized the man, he sighed in relief. "You shouldn't just appear from nowhere like that, old man," he said.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Gressin, or rather his corpse, seemed to kick to life momentarily. A wisp of spirit still contained within, mayhaps. However, it was not enough to animate the old goat, and so the corpse merely shuttered on the floor, before again lying still.

Ray approached Gressin's body slowly, the sword in his paw clattering to the cobblestones. This wasn't supposed to be. Ray knew his mother was the last to die. Ray knew Gressin was supposed to adopt him, teach the young boy, impart to him the smithee before he passed. Ray, tears in his eyes, dropped to his knees at the feet of the smith, shaking his head in disbelief. The young raccoon stared at the corpse, immobile. If left to himself, he would most likely stay there for as long as he could.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
In the back of her mind Spyra felt sorry for this whole town, the actions of others had brought this towns destruction and she knew it ,but also her hatred for those who had killed her kin remained and she appeared to pray for the lost people of the town then got up 10 minutes later and put her hand on the boys shoulder "I dunno what to say ,but standing here will not help." She said as she slowly walked towards where she thought the death knight dragon and knight had gone to.

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Bear' appearance hasn't made any effect upon the elf as she was ready for anything now. Even though her personality was heavily affected by the impact of four elements, the ongoing battle has hardened her mind even stronger. Without any hesitate, the sorceress decided to proceed further.

"Before demons attacked, you had shouted something about the end of the world? Do you know anything about it? Something about... Guardians?". Katmai said, being glad that Viktor was next to her, so should demons make their presence known, the wolf would take care of them, giving her a little time to react.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:14:24 AM by XIII »

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Tristan trotted his horse alongside him, standing away from the elf and wolf, but not so far away that she cannot hear what is being said, though he was only paying half of his attentions to what they were saying. Much of the time, he keep his eye out for any further demon attacks, listening for any signs that the battle would circle back their way. The battle continued to rage on, and he didn't much care to the idea of staying here like this while the city is under siege.

"Not to be rude, but we ought to think about getting out of here." Tristan would say, calling to the elf and wolf, as well as the dragon close by, "Preferably before more of the Devoured find us."
I have shut down my profile. Apologies for any inconvenience, and have a good day. :)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
Bear' appearance hasn't made any effect upon the elf as she was ready for anything now. Even though her personality was heavily affected by the impact of four elements, the ongoing battle has hardened her mind even stronger. Without any hesitate, the sorceress decided to proceed further.

"Before demons attacked, you had shouted something about the end of the world? Do you know anything about it? Something about... Guardians?". Katmai said, being glad that Viktor was next to her, so should demons make their presence known, the wolf would take care of them, giving her a little time to react.
The old bear took a deep breath  "Ages ago before what I like to call "The Cataclysm" We lived in relative peace, the land was generally peaceful the harvest was plentiful and death was as it was, when people would usually die of old age or in wars in far off lands, and the Guardian Dragon's kept that balance, flying among their non-Guardian brethren. Then Hunters started hunting Dragons, I do not know if they actually killed all the Guardians, but they seemed to have vanished from our world entierly after a mass hunting of Dragons had begun the Dragons fought back but the sheer numbers of hunters eventually hunted them all down until the point where none remained, some speculated that the Guardians vanished  into another realm or somehow changed form and melded into our societies, either way calamities began to plague our world , Demon attacks, huge earthquakes, tornados and other things  like Volcanos appearing out of nowhere rising up in the earth and burying towns and cities in their slowly cooling lava, to say the least things got very bad. Only a few wise mages like myself speculated that the Guardians disappearance  caused such a thing and we are to blame for hunting down thier non-guardian kin...."  The Grey Bear said, telling his story.

"And here I am in this godforsaken town now almost destroyed , preaching my message to those who will listen, most mock me as a fool,  but a few want to find these guardians and ask them to bring peace back to the land.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
Ray nodded and stood, slowly while rubbing the tears from his eyes. He turned with a longing gaze at Gressin before following Spyra wordlessly. The young raccoon was lost, he didn't know what to do now.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Viktor listened to the old bear's story, and nodded. "Typical," he scoffed. "People never believe those who preach until it's far too late. I've seen it before." He shifted his weight to better support Atauri. "But regardless, we must find one of these guardians before--" Viktor, for some unknown reason, paused midsentence, feeling something he hadn't felt before. In a comment so soft it almost wasn't heard, he uttered, "... Vulahfus..." He returned his gaze to the old man. "Can you direct us to a place to start our search, old one?"
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
"Ray Look someone survived!" Spyra said pointing to the old bear as she walked near the group.

"Legend says one way to contact the guardian is the ancient now ruined temple on the moutain to the North East." The old Bear answered pointing to the moutain of which he spoke. "Beware many raiders and even dragon hunters still  prowl the ruins for any signs of wealth or dragons." The old bear warned.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:48:10 AM by Alessia Starfurr »

Offline XIII

• Furries Savior
  • Boisterous Bear
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
Atauri remained silent, had been trying to focus on the bear' story. If there something was worth to say, Viktor did it and she agreed with him. Just like in case of Jofan, the sorceress wanted to look into the eyes of dragon hunters (or anyone else who kill them) and talk with them until they won't start to admit, that they're the utter sinners and would ask for a way to rectify the crime they did. Perhaps it gonna be their blood, but it was a sufficient price for their unholy, dark acts. And now Katmai wasn't sure how does she gonna act, provided that dragon hunters might be anthro people (and chance are, it will). She always tried to be good to any of them no matter how serious the crime any of them did, but the killing of a dragon is a deed, that might shatter even an elven' goodness. As only creatures with no soul can do this, i.e. dead inside.

"What are the ruins? For what we should look there? But I believe robbers and akin to them ain't the first thing to worry about.". The female elf said watching in the same direction where the wizard pointed. Such places are usually full of deadly traps and not really good creatures, and it ain't spiders. Undead resting there in their tombs - was a thing to consider and Atauri hoping, that they won't face any dragon priest like he met one in Skyrim. Even though she had no problems with dealing with them, she got attacked several days later by random people after a Nordic tomb exploring. And when Katmai asked them who is their sender - they talk all like one - they don't remember. "Vodrem Dilon AhSt Ar..."

Offline Tristan Foxalot

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
Tristan stood by, his words gone completely ignored, but the fox knight kept listening out for any demons that might move in for the attack. But Tristan was also listening to the others, and his attentions were stolen at the mention of Guardian dragons, listening more attentively to the elder bears story after that, coming to learn about the Guardians and their place in the world. And this new information brought much confusion to the fox knight, his mind turning over everything that he has heard, a part of him willing himself not to believe it. Surely, it couldn't be true. If it was, after all, wouldn't people have known about this before? How could a world so utterly forget something so important, to the point where dragons are thought of as demons to many?

But Tristan is a dragonslayer himself, he knows what it is to take the life of a dragon, even planning to do the same with Jofan eventually. Could his whole profession have contributed to the state of the world? Demons rising from the ground, natural disasters laying waste to the world, and all the misery upon so many that such nightmares bring. Could... could Tristan have been part of the problem?

"How do you know?" Tristan would bark out, looking to the old man, his voice betraying more emotion than perhaps an ordinary bystander would have listening in on this conversation, "How do you know the Guardian dragons are responsible for the peace of this world? You could be lying, or mad, or simply mistaken. How could you possibly know for which you speak?"