The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: *Bows.* Greetings!  (Read 1276 times)

Offline True Edge

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Earth Pony
  • Coloring: Mahogany
  • Height: 5'10"
  • Weight: 190 - 200lbs
  • Build: Muscular
  • Currently: Meh.
*Bows.* Greetings!
« on: March 01, 2019, 04:45:57 PM »
You find an anthro Earth Pony stallion seated by a stream, oiling a simple, yet elegant looking longsword, it's pattern welded blade glinting in the light of the sun.  His fur is a rich, deep mahogany colour, his eyes are bright, emerald green and his mane and tail are ginger.  His mane is pulled back into a short tail, and is undercut, leaving the sides and back of his neck bare, while his tail is worn long, and braided, decorated with small beads and feathers.

He has a silver ring in his right ear, and wears a silver chain around his neck, although what the chain bears cannot be seen.  He wears a simple linen tunic and a pair of trousers, along with a set of linen wraps that cover his hocks, above his hooves.  A hooded mantle, also made of linen, lies nearby, beside a satchel and a six foot quarterstaff. 

If standing, the stallion would be about five feet, ten inches in height, and he probably weighs around 190 to 200 pounds.  He glances up from his business of oiling the sword, and smiles, standing to greet you with a bow.

"Greetings, lads and lasses, my name is True Edge . . . er, no, that's not a confession to being an edgelord, it's a fencing reference.  The true, or 'long' edge, is the primary cutting edge on a double-edged sword, like this one."  He holds up his sword to deomnstrate.

"What am I doing around these parts?  Well, I'm simply wandering, and looking for some companionship, perchance.  The road can be lonely, after all."

(((OOC:  Hello, everycreature!  I finally decided to give this place a go.  The old forums I used to frequent are pretty much dead now days, and I've been wanting to expand my circle of friends for a while.  As of now, I've got very few people who I talk to and RP with, and I am looking for both, friends and RP partners, although I think both shouldn't be too much to ask, right? 

Now, obviously, from my species, some of you might can guess I'm a brony.  I have been for a bit over a year, now.  I've been a furry for nearly ten years, however, and have done a fair amount of RPing in that time, although now days I spend a lot of my free time writing. 

My favorite genre, as you might also can guess from my little intro, there, is medieval/fantasy, and for good reason:  I'm an absolute nut for history, specializing in Mediveal Europe.  I also practice Historical European Marital Arts, or HEMA, wit ha special focus on German Longsword, and Sword and Buckler fencing.  I also like to study martial arts in general, as well as the reality of the practical function of arms and armor in Medieval times.  I hate misinformation and misconceptions, and will try and dispell them where ever and whenever I can.

So, er, that's enough about me!  Feel free to message me, or hit me up if you'd like to RP!  I don't bite!  :) )))
  • Avatar by: Me (Using GeneralZoi's PonyCreator)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Re: *Bows.* Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 12:26:17 AM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u Lokahviing, but hereabouts I go by Romulan_Furry. My friends here call me Rom. Welcome to TFF!

I'm a bit of an RPer myself, and though I can sorta function in your favorite RP setting, I am more at home with Sci-Fi settings. However, ever since I was a kid, I always had a soft spot for Dragons. They are misunderstood creatures, IMHO.

Regardless, do enjoy your stay here, and if you spot any Tal Shiar lurking about, alert me so I can promptly vaporize them.

;p

Seriously though - welcome.

--Rom
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 06:44:13 PM »
Hello! Welcome to the Furry Forums!
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 12:30:16 AM »
Welcome, may the wind rise under your wings and the sun always be at your back!
I'm an Astral Void-Type Anthro-Dragon Shifter, with a crappy pfp that I will be changing very soon. I absolutely love medievel roleplays and would like to do some. Send me a Private Message if you wanna roleplay. salutes with his broadsword

Offline ShadowWalker

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolvegon
  • Coloring: Black, red, and purple
  • Height: 5" 1'
  • Weight: 175lb
  • Build: Moderate
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Mutating.
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 10:04:31 PM »
Oh Finally someone worthy of being my opponent in battle. *Takes out Illumina and Darkheart* This will be interesting.
Fursona pic made by: Juliet

Offline True Edge

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 02:40:55 PM »
Ah!  Replies!  Sorry, folks, I've been away for a couple of days!

*Glances curiously at ShadowWalker and . . . is assuming that the mentioned entities are swords, or some other sort of weapons.*  Hmm . . . Interesting?  I'm generally not the sort to seek a fight, but I will finish one, if need be.  It's why I prefer a quarterstaff, over a sword.  Easier to avoid any unnecessary fatalities, that way.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 02:44:58 PM by True Edge »

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »
*leaves a welcome note for you and hides under the table*

Hello there, True Edge! Welcome to our beloved forums! I really hope you like it here. As for swords and medieval stuff, I do like them. Unfortunately I'm not really a fighter when it comes to stuff like that. Either way, I'll be seeing you around.

Michen_S

P.S.: Don'thurtmeplz

Offline Drakion

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • “It’s freaking lit!”
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Dark Green
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 95 lbs
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I’m just on and off as i please now.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 06:59:39 PM »
:) Heya True Edge. I’m Magnetite, an indigo colored animatronic fox. Mainly in battle, i use a steel sword. I LOVE exploration based roleplays or anything in those lines, but i’m open to other stuff too. Welcome to the forums. hope you hava a great time here ^_^
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:01:40 PM by Magnetite (Drak) »
To see my rp characters, look at my ultimate profile.

Check out my YT channel, Drakeon Playz. I make remakes of music on garageband and some gaming videos, including but not limited to Surviv.io, Nitro Type, and Mystera Legacy.

Offline True Edge

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »
@Michen_S  Awww, don't worry there, little mew.  I'm not the sort to hurt anycreature, so long as they don't try to me or those I care about.  ;)

@Magnetite (Drak)  I see.  Interesting choice of weapon.  I never would have imagined a . . . steel sword.  How unique and original.  XD  Sorry, I can be a liiiiitle bit snarky, sometimes.  I'm assuming you mean like the Steel Sword from Skyrim, yes?  That would be . . . well, as it's a one-handed sword, it would be classed as an arming sword.

Offline ShadowWalker

• Avid Aardvark
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolvegon
  • Coloring: Black, red, and purple
  • Height: 5" 1'
  • Weight: 175lb
  • Build: Moderate
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Mutating.
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 06:47:51 PM »
Illumina and Darkheart are the two most powerful swords in the universe, both acquired by me killing my two greatest foes in battle. Here is a picture.
Fursona pic made by: Juliet

Offline Drakion

• Avid Aardvark
  • “It’s freaking lit!”
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf/Fox hybrid
  • Coloring: Dark Green
  • Height: 6'2
  • Weight: 95 lbs
  • Build: Normal
  • Currently: I’m just on and off as i please now.
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 04:30:00 PM »
(i actually dont know what skyrim, judge me if you want) Actually it was a mystera legacy refrence. its the strongest steel sword in the game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 04:37:18 PM by Magnetite (Drak) »
To see my rp characters, look at my ultimate profile.

Check out my YT channel, Drakeon Playz. I make remakes of music on garageband and some gaming videos, including but not limited to Surviv.io, Nitro Type, and Mystera Legacy.