The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado  (Read 25265 times)

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« on: February 10, 2019, 11:58:35 PM »
(Anyone wanting to sign up should go here: https://www.thefurryforum.com/forums/index.php?topic=40412.0 )

As the transport landed, it shuddered when the craft's landing gear made contact with the deck, which was enough to wake a young, emerald-color dragon from his sleep. He looked out the window briefly, and then, as soon as the seat belt sign flashed off, he undid his seat belt, stood up, and headed for the exit everyone else was. Most people stayed out of the dragon's path - either because they saw his lightsabers, or because they judged him to be a Sith because of the black cloak. Either way, he didn't care. The dragon had done nothing but eat, sleep, and listen to music - aside from the odd in-flight movies, one of which he found amusing. Just before entering the New Colorado spaceport proper, he was tempted to don the hood of his cloak, before he saw the customs checkpoint, and felt it wise to not appear too intimidating.

Waiting in line, the dragon got a good look around the spaceport. Fancy, high-class... which was surprising for a place that was advertised to have affordable prices for everyone. This place must get a lot of business, then, for it to be able to afford aesthetics like this.

"Um... sir?" the customs officer in the booth in front of Mesmerin spoke, snapping his attention back. He didn't realize the tourist in front of him had already cleared. Mesmerin stepped forward and presented his passport. The officer looked it over, and smiled. "Well, you'd be the first from Tau Dewa to come here, sir - not to mention our first dragon tourist. Are you here for business or pleasure?"

"Does a vacation count as pleasure?" the dragon asked.

"Sure does," the officer answered. "How long do you plan to stay?"

"Just a couple weeks," the dragon answered. Clandestine, vague or otherwise false answers were not needed here. He came here to relax a bit... for what that's worth with things the way they were in the galaxy.

The officer nodded, and looked over the passport one last time. "Any concealed weapons I need to know about?" he asked. The dragon moved his cloak aside.

"Just my lightsabers," he said, feeling there was no need to tell the officer of his usual armaments stored in his gauntlets' transporter buffers.

The officer blinked a few times, but contrary to calling backup, he leaned out of his booth to call out a message to the girl in the one next to his. "Hey, Jane - you owe me a drink!" The dragon raised an eye ridge. The girl laughed, and the officer returned his attention to the dragon. "I knew a Jedi would come here sooner or later." He stamped an approval on the dragon's passport. "Welcome to New Colorado, mister Argent," he said as he handed the dragon's passport back to him.

The dragon accepted it with a smile. "Just Mesmerin, pal... just Mesmerin." He walked into the spaceport, heading for the concourse to see if there was anything significant to eat.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:01:40 AM by Romulan_Furry »
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Coalition Operations II: Escape from New Colorado
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:25:09 AM »
On the beach, a white furred vixen laid out, in her white leopard spotted bikini swimsuit, soaking up sunlight on a beach lounger, trying to fit in with the other girls on the beach, considering she was very likely not like any of the others, a mercenary who had seen plenty of action, her body was definitely more athletic  than most of the other girls on the beach, her toned body seeming to possess more muscle than that of the slim girls there as well, she had been there for awhile and was starting to get bored, sitting around wasn't a thing she normally did...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Panther Hybrid
  • Coloring: Black/Purple
  • Height: 5ft.
  • Weight: 100
  • Build: Lean, predatory, a huntress
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:08 AM »
While Mesmerin was inspected by security, a luxuriously dressed fox stepped off of a private transport surrounded by a group similarly glamorous females. While to the unobservant it would seem like any other group of girls for a party on New Colorado, the keen and the wary would be able to tell that the women surrounding the fox weren't merely party girls. They were armed to the teeth in hidden weapons and armor, and the luxurious outfits belay their muscular frames. Emilá walked right through customs, someone of her status hardly ever has to stop when they don't want to.
"Well, girls? Let's go find the party!" She laughed and started heading out onto the town.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 04:18:32 AM »
Having found nothing appealing in the food court, Mesmerin headed out into the town proper - Gunnison, it was called. Somehow, he felt he'd heard the name before, but for the life of him, he could not remember where. Still, he wandered, perhaps by chance, into Emila's path. He didn't seem to notice her; his head faced away from her, covered by the hood of that cloak. He looked for a bar or restaurant, someplace - any place - to get a decent meal. The food that had been on that transport sucked. He turned partially toward Emila, still scanning for a good place to grab some grub, and a slight gust of wind would flutter his cloak and reveal a slight silvery glint at his hip.
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 05:40:15 AM »
A nose like Emilá's can practically sniff out interesting men. Her eye was caught on the silver glint beneath his cloak, and drawn up to the hood. He seemed dark and brooding, but hey, she was here to find an escape. Time to start gathering information. She walked up to Mesmerin, her entourage of bodyguards waiting a safe distance away at the flick of her wrist. She leans on Mesmerin's shoulder lightly. "Hey there, you looking for something? Because you look in need of a little direction." She gave him a pleasant smile and a wink when she made eye contact with him.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 10 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 09:12:54 AM »
Sora let out a sigh as she stretched, getting off the transport and going through the usual checking process, grabbing both of her bags before leaving the ship. Talking with the security-personnel was always a hassle, but she had her identification handy to show them she was authorized her equipment in her bags. Once she was through, she went to secure her the larger of her two bags in a locker and decided to head to the beach. "Finally! Some R and R time... Being stuck on a duty for six-months and now I have a whole month to myself."

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 01:48:17 PM »
Klaxons went off as the transport vessel prepared to descend. The vessel switched from reactor power, to a backup to save fuel. As the air-pressure around them increased, the oxygen generators switched off, and the computer opened intake valves, allowing the air-pressure to equalize.The Captain of the ship, Nova Reti, the owner of Nova Energy and Salvagin systems,, (NES) shut the klaxons off, because they did nothing but annoy him.

The ship touched down near customs and Nova walked out of the ship, which promptly took back off. The customs officers eyed him, uncertain as to his intentions. Walking over to the customs, he pulled out his passport and showed it to them. 'Hello Nova. Are you here for buisness or pleasure?' "Buisness. I'm seeing if NES can expand to New Colorado." 'Do you have any concealed weapons?" He pulled his jacket back, revealing a holster for a assault pistol, and took it off to show a sling for an Experimental Ion Beam Rifle. The customs looked at it with wide eyes, but let him through.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 03:09:56 PM »
A nose like Emilá's can practically sniff out interesting men. Her eye was caught on the silver glint beneath his cloak, and drawn up to the hood. He seemed dark and brooding, but hey, she was here to find an escape. Time to start gathering information. She walked up to Mesmerin, her entourage of bodyguards waiting a safe distance away at the flick of her wrist. She leans on Mesmerin's shoulder lightly. "Hey there, you looking for something? Because you look in need of a little direction." She gave him a pleasant smile and a wink when she made eye contact with him.

Mesmerin looked to Emila, his eyes a steel-gray color and his gaze reflecting many years of harsh travels. "Yes, actually - you see, this is my first time here on New Colorado," Mesmerin explained. "I was not aware of this place until barely a week ago; while the price was well within my usual price range, the trip was... well, dreary, and the food just sucked. Well, to me - I cannot speak for the others. But I am looking for a good restaurant. I could go for a nice sirloin steak about now."

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 04:45:39 PM »

Mesmerin looked to Emila, his eyes a steel-gray color and his gaze reflecting many years of harsh travels. "Yes, actually - you see, this is my first time here on New Colorado," Mesmerin explained. "I was not aware of this place until barely a week ago; while the price was well within my usual price range, the trip was... well, dreary, and the food just sucked. Well, to me - I cannot speak for the others. But I am looking for a good restaurant. I could go for a nice sirloin steak about now."
"You could try the steakhouse." Rae said as she approached the dragon,  seemingly appearing out of nowhere, handing him a map of the local area, an old fashion brochure like map "I think it was TB on the map..." She added. She had gotten bored laying around and decided to see what all the commotion was around the dragon....not exactly surprized to see a dragon where she came from they were everywhere.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 04:51:12 PM by Alessia Starfurr »
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 05:14:59 PM »
"You could try the steakhouse." Rae said as she approached the dragon,  seemingly appearing out of nowhere, handing him a map of the local area, an old fashion brochure like map "I think it was TB on the map..." She added. She had gotten bored laying around and decided to see what all the commotion was around the dragon....not exactly surprized to see a dragon where she came from they were everywhere.

This just gets better and better, Emilá thought to herself as she smiled at the newcomer. “Our new friend knows what she’s talking about!” She snapped her fingers, and almost immediately a private limo pulls up to them. “But walking on an empty stomach is no fun. Care for a ride?” Almost out of sight, but barely in view, a similar car pulled up to be filled with elegantly dressed women. A chauffeur gets out and held the door open for the group politely. Inside the car seems just as luxurious as this woman and the outside, Mesmerin and Rae see champagne bottles and hors d’oerves. “My name is Emilá, a pleasure to make your acquaintances.” She said playfully as she took the furs’ offered hand and climbed into the limo.

Offline Bronzeee

• Avid Aardvark
  • Might as well.
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Felis Cattus
  • Coloring: Light Orange, Bronze, White
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 130 lbs
  • Build: Ectomorph
  • Currently: I edited my profile~
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 05:30:11 PM »
Passing through the security check, the feline felt more of a free civilian now. Although still annoyed by being on leave, he's not one to dwell unto something irreversible.

M yawned, still feeling a bit tired even though he kind of passed out during the transportation. Scratching his head with his left paw, M pulled his phone from his pants with the other paw, opening it as he did so. In all honesty, the Caracal doesn't have a clue where the attractions were and what he should really do in this place. All he was given is an address, money that he would fit for fifteen days, and instructions to get the key to his room from the address. Guess it is a motel of some sort. He stood there idly, tapping in his phone as he tries to locate where exactly is the address in his loads of messages in his inbox.
Be careful now... you might cut yourself with that tounge.

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 07:21:26 PM »
(Careful with the alcohol references, Mikala. I don't want any trouble with the mods because of it.)

Mesmerin shrugged, then introduced himself: "Mesmerin Argent, Captain of the Wayward Dragon. A pleasure to meet you, as well." He drew back his hood before entering the limo, and his cloak slid to either side of his waist when he sat down, offering an unfettered view of his lightsabers .

Mesmerin wasn't much for Champagne, so he paid the bottles little heed. He waited for the others to enter, and while waiting, closed his eyes and reached out with the Force. Nothing was causing a disturbance - which was surprising to him, given the news of the conflict going on at Corneria. Still, if there were no immediate threats, he was content to just spend the next couple weeks relaxing.

Offline Mikala

• Boisterous Bear
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »
(Whoops! My bad)

Emilá poured herself a glass of apple cider and took a seat in the limo. “Captain, hmmm? And a Jedi, I suppose, unless you just stumbled upon those?” She guestured to the lightsabers nonchalantly. She had never seen a Jedi in person, but she wasn’t about to inform him of that. “Are you here for business or pleasure, captain?” She smiled, with the barest hint of an ulterior motive in her gaze. The astute would get the feeling that this is more than idle pleasantries.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 07:43:33 PM »
(Whoops! My bad)

Emilá poured herself a glass of apple cider and took a seat in the limo. “Captain, hmmm? And a Jedi, I suppose, unless you just stumbled upon those?” She guestured to the lightsabers nonchalantly. She had never seen a Jedi in person, but she wasn’t about to inform him of that. “Are you here for business or pleasure, captain?” She smiled, with the barest hint of an ulterior motive in her gaze. The astute would get the feeling that this is more than idle pleasantries.
Rae sighed ,but got into the limo and sat down next to Mesmerin, hopeing he didn't mind, she paid little attention to anything in the limo, not really being one to indulge herself in anything that didn't involve her work. "Rae." she calmly said, still a little suspicious of this rich girl...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:50:58 PM by Alessia Starfurr »

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 07:57:30 PM »

Mesmerin opened his eyes and looked directly at Emila. "I'm here just as a vacation while my ship is undergoing maintenance," Mesmerin told her. With a shake of his head, he added, "And I'm no Jedi, nor have I ever claimed to be. At the same time, neither am I Sith. No, I walk my own path in the Force. These..." he indicated his lightsabers. "... I built myself a month after my mother was killed, ten years ago. And I've had them ever since. But do not think they are the only weapons I carry." He tapped his gauntlets. "Regardless, I--" Mesmerin stopped suddenly, picking up a faint ripple in the Force. But, just as he felt it... it was gone. He hummed in thought, wondering what that was supposed to be. "Strange..." he whispered. He looked to Rae. "I don't think I caught your name. Might I ask who you are?"