The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: How do you handle burnout?  (Read 32 times)

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • Do not read this sentence
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: makin' plans
How do you handle burnout?
« on: February 05, 2019, 12:45:37 PM »
I used to play simple games like minesweeper and tetris in between writing sessions to reset my focus, but those became way too much of a distraction, so I deleted them. Now I meditate, but yesterday I underwent a serious episode of burnout, maybe because it was so cloudy (I'm totally dichotomous in my weather preferences) and didn't even feel like doing that.

So do you guys have any special ways of resetting your enthusiasm for your jobs or hobbies?
  • Signature art by: Me again
I've had impure thoughts. Did I entertain them? No, but they sure entertained me!

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: How do you handle burnout?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »
Sometimes taking a break works best (how long of a break depends entirely on the individual) and shifting your focus to something else you enjoy or have interest in. Learning, building, and creating new things; no matter how stupid or useless, are some of the most difficult but often most rewarding things one can do. I try to think of new ways to make my life more efficient or how I can improve something. It doesn't involve a whole lot of effort, but it does keep the mind busy to inspire new ideas. I find this is what works best for me, but everyone is different.