The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Desperate for sleep  (Read 5900 times)

Offline flurry

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: lemurdog
Re: Desperate for sleep
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »

I live in the barracks. Making tea isn't an option
We aren't allowed to open windows. If we do, we get charged for disobeying an order
I already have stuff playing in the background from my phone
I'm always tired. I just can't actually get to sleep. Making myself more tired will just further degrade my daily perfomance

You can't have tea at all? That's a shame. Surely you can have powdered drinks or something.   
I don't think a phone is a good substitute for a radio, the sounds from a phone don't travel as well imo, and the lighting and general static from a phone makes it hard to sleep.
Sounds like an uncomfortable place though, but I guess make sure you have comfortable enough bedding. If you are able to night lights help some but considering what I heard maybe that isn't a option. I guess the most important thing to do before sleep is be in the right mindset, feel drifty and dreamy all,  I know it is harder for some people to sleep than others but sleep is a natural state, if you don't fall into it something is hindering it, perhaps worries, overthinking or constant alertness. If you really need sleep though i guess find better sleeping tablets, some are more harmful than others, long term they will not work, don't take them consecutive nights if possible. You could try z drugs (if u haven't yet), not sure if they are available in your country? zaleplon, zolpidem and zopiclone. Best consult with doctor just to see what they say.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 05:01:03 PM by flurry »

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
  • Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 10:31:41 PM »
I guess the most important thing to do before sleep is be in the right mindset, feel drifty and dreamy all,  I know it is harder for some people to sleep than others but sleep is a natural state, if you don't fall into it something is hindering it, perhaps worries, overthinking or constant alertness. If you really need sleep though i guess find better sleeping tablets, some are more harmful than others, long term they will not work, don't take them consecutive nights if possible. You could try z drugs (if u haven't yet), not sure if they are available in your country? zaleplon, zolpidem and zopiclone. Best consult with doctor just to see what they say.
That's the problem. I'm always tired, but cant sleep. And yeah, I am always extremely uptight. Like, dangerously uptight, almost seriously hurt someone recently cuz of it. Never heard of those Z drugs, so probably not available over the counter

I've given up. Nothing I try works, I just keep getting worse. I can barely function anymore. Called to set up an appointment with mental health and, surprise surprise, they said call back tomorrow

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »
I was thinking more towards a general physician appointment, but make sure you do attempt to call them again.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 01:18:45 PM »
I was thinking more towards a general physician appointment, but make sure you do attempt to call them again.
I have talked about it to the normal doc multiple times and they refuse to do shit. Neurologist specifically put me on meds which make people drowsy and said if it didnt help Id need to see mental health. Last month she strongly suggested it

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2018, 10:32:41 PM »
At least you have been seen and have had treatment documented. That'll be among the things you need noted when you go to mental health.

Offline flurry

• Avid Aardvark
    • Awards
  • Species: lemurdog
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 04:46:22 PM »
I guess the most important thing to do before sleep is be in the right mindset, feel drifty and dreamy all,  I know it is harder for some people to sleep than others but sleep is a natural state, if you don't fall into it something is hindering it, perhaps worries, overthinking or constant alertness. If you really need sleep though i guess find better sleeping tablets, some are more harmful than others, long term they will not work, don't take them consecutive nights if possible. You could try z drugs (if u haven't yet), not sure if they are available in your country? zaleplon, zolpidem and zopiclone. Best consult with doctor just to see what they say.
That's the problem. I'm always tired, but cant sleep. And yeah, I am always extremely uptight. Like, dangerously uptight, almost seriously hurt someone recently cuz of it. Never heard of those Z drugs, so probably not available over the counter

I've given up. Nothing I try works, I just keep getting worse. I can barely function anymore. Called to set up an appointment with mental health and, surprise surprise, they said call back tomorrow
Yeah the problem I suppose is with getting such drugs is you need a doctor to prescribe them to you in the first place, sometimes you can ask for specific things. Some doctors can be very frustrating to deal with though and inflexible. Perhaps going to mental health check up at the very least they will give you at least a better understanding of what is going on and maybe some advice they can pass on to your main doctor.

The best thing you can do now is just if you can't sleep lay in bed and at least rest your body, close your eyes to lessen exhaustion.

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
I have very few gripes with my COC. It's all the **censor** Navy pulling all the BS. Day I get out, that's the one thing I will miss the least. The Navy. Not getting up at zero stupid in the morning, being undermanned, hikes, etc, the Navy

I take my chances because I do not have faith they'd do anything. It'd be here, have some ibuprofen and, if I came in multiple times for it, a referral to physical therapy. First time I went in for my feet, I said what was going on, explained my father has X, and said I was worried I had developed it. They didn't even test for it, they absolutely blew me off. 7 or 8 months later, guess what? Neurologist says I have it. No **censor** shit

Where you posted at? I'm in the army at Fort Polk.

Offline Nova Starpaws

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I'm not a dog.... :c
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • The Help Desk
    • Awards
  • Species: Anthro Jakon (Jackal Dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: Nebula Scales, white eyes, dark blue hair.
  • Height: 7' 8"
  • Weight: 125lbs
  • Build: Sleek
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2018, 02:56:11 AM »
Don't know if the thread is dead yet,but...

I have like thirty diffrent books in my room that iv'e read. What helps me sleep is reading at like 9:30 for an hour or so, and im tired enough that I crash.

I don't know if this was already posted. I only read the first page.

Offline Rocco Rex

• Optimistic Owl
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2018, 05:13:54 AM »
I have very few gripes with my COC. It's all the **censor** Navy pulling all the BS. Day I get out, that's the one thing I will miss the least. The Navy. Not getting up at zero stupid in the morning, being undermanned, hikes, etc, the Navy

I take my chances because I do not have faith they'd do anything. It'd be here, have some ibuprofen and, if I came in multiple times for it, a referral to physical therapy. First time I went in for my feet, I said what was going on, explained my father has X, and said I was worried I had developed it. They didn't even test for it, they absolutely blew me off. 7 or 8 months later, guess what? Neurologist says I have it. No **censor** shit

NAS Pensacola

Offline VeryEvilTediKiti

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2019, 01:29:22 PM »

NAS Pensacola

Thats close to where I grew up at.