The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Hello!! *THUMP*  (Read 645 times)

Offline Hazel_

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: Approximately 20 cm
  • Weight: 6 kg
  • Build: A little chubby, very fluffy and soft.
  • Currently: Munching away
Hello!! *THUMP*
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »
After years of being interested I decided to join the furry community "officially", so to speak.
I didn't identify as a furry until a couple of weeks ago, it was a slow process. Although I have enjoyed cosplaying since my early teens and reading the "Warriors" book series has lead me to have many many cat fursonas in the realm of roleplays, I didn't realize that there was a whole community dedicated to playing your fursona with others (not just limited for example to a typical "Warriors" plot, but pretty much whatever you wanted).

A little bit about my fursona... Rabbits are somewhat my soul animal, so she's one, a hare to be specific. When it comes to behaviour and looks she is closer to a hare than a human most of the time, being out in the forest, munching on greens and cuddling with family. We hares don't trust easily, we are always on the lookout but once we do it's a friendship for a lifetime! Her name is Hazel, which is inspired by the movie "Watership Down".

Her character came up for the first time when I was writing a somewhat sci-fi steampunk story about a robot rabbit girl toy coming to life and becoming a servant for a rich eccentric inventor called Mr Foxworth after the death of her creator. It should have been a love story about the two of them and I was planning to cosplay her on conventions, where I'd search and call for Mr. Foxworth. However, making a furry costume isn't easy, I hope to find some useful instructions here, haha. I only have a mediocre, felted rabbit mask I made years ago for the character.

I suppose that's enough for a start, feel free to ask me any questions!
Is it a kind of a dream
Floating out on the tide
Following the river of death downstream
Oh, is it a dream?
There's a fog along the horizon
A strange glow in the sky
And nobody seems to know where it goes
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?
Bright eyes, burning like fire
Bright eyes, how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes

Offline Molecular §hadow Ғox

• Tackling Tiger
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Poster
  • From The Shadowzone to Albie's arms
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow Fox
  • Coloring: Black and red
  • Height: 5'10
  • Build: Slim
Re: Hello!! *THUMP*
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:09:41 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum ^_^
Fill the cracks in with judicial granite.  Because I don't say it, don't mean I ain't thinking it

Offline dave!

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Rat
  • Coloring: Black
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:55:02 AM »
Hi! It took me a long time to accept furry as being part of my identity, too. But it turns out it feels really good!

It's cool that you think of rabbits as your "soul animal". Would you say you share certain rabbit characteristics? I only ask because Dave (my fursona) sort of just popped into my head, and if you had asked me beforehand, I would have said a rat couldn't have been further from my first choice. I think the way we come up with our fursonas is really interesting!

Offline Hazel_

• Vibrating Furby
  • Species: Hare
  • Coloring: Brown
  • Height: Approximately 20 cm
  • Weight: 6 kg
  • Build: A little chubby, very fluffy and soft.
  • Currently: Munching away
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
Thank you!!

Yes I do actually share a lot of traits with rabbits. I am anxious in open spaces, I love the woods and most of all small rooms with not too large windows. I like places that are more like a den than a house, if you know what I mean and I care a lot about my family. Being soft and tender is also usually something connected with rabbits. Quarrel-avoiding and keeping a modest attitude are traits of the chinese rabbit zodiac, which I was not born in, but I relate to a lot of stories about it.

Rabbits take a long time to bond, they don't forget but they forgive and if you have a bond with them they can be very affectionate, that's the experience I made having rabbits as pets and that definitely fits as well. I think I've always had a fascination with rabbits, while my rabbit self has a fascination with foxes. I've had relationships with a wolf and with a bear, but it didn't work out.

Needless to say, Zootopia is my life ever since it was released haha
Is it a kind of a dream
Floating out on the tide
Following the river of death downstream
Oh, is it a dream?
There's a fog along the horizon
A strange glow in the sky
And nobody seems to know where it goes
And what does it mean?
Oh, is it a dream?
Bright eyes, burning like fire
Bright eyes, how can you close and fail?
How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale?
Bright eyes

Offline lightstone

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 5 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented
  • The happy ol jolly me
    • Awards
  • Species: tarwe tiger
  • Coloring: the colors of wheat bread
  • Height: 180cm
  • Weight: somewhere between 50 and 60 kg
  • Build: skinny but healthy
  • Currently: feeling really sorry
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 03:25:25 AM »
hello welcomt to TFF ^_^ im sure you'll have tons of fun talking to your fellow furs
not a signature