The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fallout Appreciation Thread  (Read 4363 times)

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
  • I can't fit the Bee Movie script here!
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Griffin.
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
  • Height: 5'6.
  • Weight: 240 pounds.
  • Build: Pretty chubby and stout.
  • Currently: Yikes. COVID-19.
Fallout Appreciation Thread
« on: August 19, 2018, 01:13:02 AM »
A thread dedicated to loving the Fallout series by Bethesda. Here's some questions to help us open up more.

1 - Favorite Fallout Game?
2 - Favorite Companion?
3 - Favorite Side-Quest?
4 - Favorite NPC?
5 - Favorite Weapon?

Mine are -

1 - New Vegas.
2 - Arcade Gannon.
3 - That Lucky Old Sun.
4 - That kid chasing the rat in Freeside.
5 - Saturnite Fist (Super-Heated)
  • Signature art by: Sprites by GPX. RPG thing by Glitchless.

Offline anoni

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug Top 50 Most Online
  • This statement is a lie
    • Steam
    • Kingdom of Lacertus (clan website) we're not furry oriented, but we accept furries (especially artists) :P
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox
  • Coloring: Beige
  • Height: 183 cm
  • Weight: 65 KG
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Cruising through the 4th dimension
Re: Fallout Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 12:36:39 PM »
1 - Fallout: New Vegas
2 - Dogmeat from Fallout 3, I mean come on, I was so protective of him!
3 - OOooooooooOOOoooooh tricky. If DLCs count as side quests than all of the fallout DLCs
4 - Ulysses
5 - Anti-material rifle.

In terms of fallout games, though I must admit I haven't played the first 2, I think:

Fallout 3 = best atmosphere
Fallout NV = best story
Fallout 4 = Best gameplay
  • Signature art by: MrRazot
(int(e-x^2, x = -infinity..infinity))2 = Pi

We fight, we recruit, we are the anthropomorphic army. FDF forever!

$_ = "gntusbovueqrmwkradehijqr"; tr/a-z/lad hijacked under stop sign!/; print $_, "\n";

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Obtainable by request
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Various shades of brown, white tufts of feathers and a yellow beak and claws.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »
1 - Fallout: New Vegas
2 - Dogmeat from Fallout 3, I mean come on, I was so protective of him!
3 - OOooooooooOOOoooooh tricky. If DLCs count as side quests than all of the fallout DLCs
4 - Ulysses
5 - Anti-material rifle.

In terms of fallout games, though I must admit I haven't played the first 2, I think:

Fallout 3 = best atmosphere
Fallout NV = best story
Fallout 4 = Best gameplay

Aha, good answers. I haven't played the first two either since they're not really my thing. I do own them but it's more for the street cred I suppose.

And yes, DLCs do count. Old World Blues was my favorite DLC - I loved the vibe of it. It was really unique.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
  • Species: Raptor
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 02:48:55 AM »
Tie between New Vegas and 4 for my favorite. Both are really strong in places. And weak in others.
My favorite companion.. Strong? Maybe? Just for the fact that he's a super mutant. Super entertaining.
Favorite side quest is, without a doubt, the silver shroud one from fallout 4. One of the few ones that I think VA for the PC actively contributed to the game.
Favorite npc.. Mh.  Oliver Swanick from new vegas. SMELL THAT AIR!  (He always runs straight into scorpions..)
Favorite weapon.. the zeta gun? For being a useless quest reward items?

I've played all the fallout games.

I wish I didn't
edit: oops necromancy i guess
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:24:49 AM by Dazed »

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 12:19:00 AM »
Hot dang, I forgot I made this thread actually. Surprised me a bit when I saw it commented on. Necromancy can be good sometimes, ya know?

Recently started playing Fallout 76 - and it's okay. Literally, just okay. I crash here and there but my internet has always been crap so it's hard to tell. I do hate the lack of actual NPCs but sometimes, roaming around alone can be relaxing. Plus, I live really close to W.V so it's like ... double cool.

And the music is still great, a classic Fallout staple.

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Not real
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 12:26:42 AM »
Oh, fallout 76. I really, really hope they fix it up. It's a shame that they launched it as they did.. They're gonna have to work to repair their image ;s.
They're trying though! And seeing ESO, that was TERRIBLE on launch. It's a really solid game now, though. Granted it was a separate branch..
Regardless, a friend and I had a blast. We made a big deal out of getting to whitesprings soda fountain

The music selection is amazing, yeah. As always. Favorites would be "Fair weather friend" and "Ghost riders in the sky". Oh, and Aint' Misbehavin'!

Offline Athlaros

• Eager Elephant
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 11:45:55 PM »
Oh, fallout 76. I really, really hope they fix it up. It's a shame that they launched it as they did.. They're gonna have to work to repair their image ;s.
They're trying though! And seeing ESO, that was TERRIBLE on launch. It's a really solid game now, though. Granted it was a separate branch..
Regardless, a friend and I had a blast. We made a big deal out of getting to whitesprings soda fountain

The music selection is amazing, yeah. As always. Favorites would be "Fair weather friend" and "Ghost riders in the sky". Oh, and Aint' Misbehavin'!
I think it was Jim Sterling that said it best when he mentioned how Bethesda magic of releasing a broken game isn't working anymore after 76. They'll have to try harder for their next FULL release (Blades isn't a game IMO, just a cash grab!).

I haven't actually played ESO yet. I was going to when the Morrowind expansion came but I never actually did it. But it definitely on my list of games to play. In general, my favorite songs from any Fallout game are "Johnny Guitar", "Sixteen Tons" and "Atom Bomb Baby."

Offline Dazed

• Foxy Fox
  • Not real
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 12:07:03 AM »
Did he say that stuff? I stopped listening to jim sterling because... Honestly dont like the guy and the way he puts forward his arguments.
Well, yeah. I'm not sure what people expected from blades, though. Yeah, it's disappointing that blades has micro-transactions but it's a f2p mobile game. They're not exactly going to re-invent the wheel with that.
I really do think 76 can shape up if they keep at it, though. It does have pottential. They just need to stop making stupid decisions. That they're moving to steam is good! Maybe they wont screw up again!

They will though lmao.
ESO is really solid, though. For a themepark MMO. The PVP scene is good, PVE scene is reaaaally expanded. Fully voice-acted, which is truly impressive.