The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Weight Lifting/Excercise questions  (Read 1282 times)

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
Weight Lifting/Excercise questions
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:55:25 PM »
So I got this new app, Home Workout, and it advertised itself as teaching you how to build muscle without equipment, which is great since my funds are limited. It said on the Excercise itenerary to tighten and clench the relevant muscles while doing the exercises. So my question is this: can I really build muscle by "tricking" my body into thinking there is actual resistance when there really is none? I'm willing to clench as tight as I need to if this really works, I'd just like to get some enlightenment from an actual person.
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline Brigand

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Fox/Coyote
  • Height: 186cm
  • Weight: 85kg
  • Build: Slim/slightly muscular
Re: Weight Lifting/Excercise questions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »
Building muscle mass by "tricking" your body sounds like complete bs. You can just fill a backpack or some other bag with heavy stuff and lift it/put it on your back and do pushups. Diet is also very important.

So yea, you don't need any equipment but you still must lift heavy shit. There's no easy way around.

Offline L. Jay Echoes

• Chatty Cheetah
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter
  • I have a pigasus, too.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Pig/Bat/Devil
  • Coloring: Blue
  • Height: 5'3"
  • Weight: 99 lbs
  • Build: Short and trim
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: refreshingly busy
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:44:19 PM »
 D:   :facepaw: :'(

Farewell, misleading workout app.
  • Signature art by: Me again
What did the toilet say to the bath tub?

"I'm hungry for an apple."

Offline The Past

• Archmage
  • Tackling Tiger
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented This user has donated to the forum more than once.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:57:27 PM »
Actually, back in my high school we were taught how to do that muscle-clench resistance thing for when short on equipment. Thing is, I think that was more for exercising in general, and I dunno if that affects muscle mass or even strength much. It probably does, but I doubt it's as effective as having actual weights. I see no harm in trying it, though. Even slow muscle gain is good if it does help with that at all, if you're in no rush. At least it's good exercise overall. Remember that strength isn't just about muscle mass.