The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Uh... Clever title goes here.  (Read 517 times)

Offline AeraBunny

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Winged Hotot rabbit
  • Coloring: White with black accents.
  • Height: I can get through doorways easily if that helps.
  • Weight: *gasp* You would ask that of a LADY?! Actually, I don't care, 215.
  • Build: Strong, sturdy, and curvy.
  • Currently: Drawing stuff/procrastinating instead of drawing stuff.
Uh... Clever title goes here.
« on: June 09, 2018, 08:27:28 AM »
Hi, I'm AeraBunny. I'm awkward, geeky, and shy, and this is not at all the sort of thing I usually, do, but figured I should just bite the bullet and join a forum.

I should probably list some things about myself on an introduction post. I love drawing, writing, gaming, and reading manga. I want to write a graphic novel, and I love table-top roleplaying. I haven't really tried the online roleplaying thing, but it looks fun. I like to dress like a gothic punk, but I'm too shy to actually pull off the look. Have you ever seen a person with big spiky boots and black lipstick huddled against the wall, avoiding eye contact, and fidgeting nervously? It doesn't really work.

I'm fairly new to the whole furry thing, (although I've been interested for years) and honestly, it's kinda scary. Not the fandom itself, but the way it's viewed. So many people seem to think it's shameful or perverted. It's such a shame. There's so much love and kindness that I've seen in the community, and from what I can tell, the people who are actually here for NSFW purposes aren't the majority. Most seem to be in it for the art, the imagination, the friendships, or just the common interests shared. It's just like any fandom. You'd be hard pressed to find any fandom that doesn't have it's seedier side. Yet somehow, furries are so heavily associated with that side, much more than any other fandom I've seen.

Even though I know the this fandom is like any other, it's still got such a bad rap that it's scary even thinking of telling friends that I'm a furry, let alone trying to seek out others in my area. It's kind of stupid. I keep thinking, "C'mon, I'm an adult, I shouldn't be so worried about what people think of my interests," but here I am, worrying anyway.

Jeepers, that got a lot more in depth than I meant it to. I really shouldn't be allowed to write things at frickin' four in the morning. Anyway, the point I managed to lose was that I'm excited to be here, and I would really love to make some friends in this community. Thanks for reading!

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
Re: Uh... Clever title goes here.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 08:37:45 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum!
I don't know what you mean, 4am is a perfectly reasonable time to write stuff. I did my introduction around that too XD
It's true, a lot of people think bad of furries, but I've also met a lot that just see them as weird. Which is fine, I guess dressing up as animals is weird, but so is basically anything else that has a fandom.
I'll steal WWG's thing and ask: what games do you play? And which table tops?
If you have any questions or just want to chat send a message!
See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline Romulan_Furry

• Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Top 100 Most Online Obtainable by request Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • Battle Alert! Go shields up and weapons hot!
    • Discord
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger
  • Coloring: Inverted fur pattern (black with white stripes)
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 250 lbs
  • Build: Muscular, but not overly so
  • Currently: Trying to find the drive to continue my original work.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 12:08:57 PM »
Drem Yol Lok, joorre. Zu'u los Lokahviing, but hereabouts I go by Romulan_Furry. My friends here call me Rom. Welcome to TFF! Do not be intimidated or shy - we are quite a friendly and welcoming community! Plenty of roleplay options here, too.

I'm curious, though - you mentioned gaming as an interest; what games, exactly?

See you around,
--Rom
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural..." --Darth Sidious

"Being a soldier isn't just following orders - it's following those orders while in the service of a higher cause. When that cause is betrayed, we aren't soldiers anymore; just pieces on a chess board, dying for the wrong reasons." --Unknown

A Klingon wears their emotion on his or her sleeve - when they're happy, you'll hear it; sad, you'll see it; angry, you'll fear it.

Offline AeraBunny

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 04:31:07 PM »
Thanks for welcoming me - I really appreciate it.

As to the gaming thing, I play a variety of games. My favorites are Phoenix Wright, Pokemon, Soul Caliber 2 (Voldo's generally my go-to), Little Inferno, Katamari Damacy, Breath of the Wild, and Kingdom Hearts. I want to get into games like Halo and Portal, but I suck so bad at FPS. The only game in that style that I can successfully play thus far has been Slime Rancher, mostly because it gives me so much time to readjust...

For table-top games, I'm mostly into roleplaying. D&D is fun, but my favorite system is Fate, mostly because it allows so much creative freedom for both the player and the GM. I have a special place in my heart for BESM too, but it takes so long to get anything set up in that system. There are some games outside the roleplaying genre I like too. Flex is fun for a quick game, and Vanished Planet is awesome for longer play sessions.

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Aera! I like the SoulCalibur series as well. My go-tos are Raphael ans Seigfried. I’ve never been able to get the hang of playing Voldo.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline AeraBunny

• Vibrating Furby
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 05:53:50 PM »
Oh, cool! Raphael played well kicks serious butt, and is just hypnotizing to watch, and Siegfried is amazing if you can get a combo going, plus he looks incredible as Nightmare. I never seem to be able to get those two to work with me though. Honestly, the main reason I play Voldo is because he's hard to read. He also wigs people out enough that I have a little extra time to plan out my next move. I haven't played it for years through - I'd probably end up button mashing until I remembered what everything does, lol...

Offline John Red Beard

• Influential Ibex
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Top 100 Topic Starter Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Lioren (Lion)
  • Coloring: Tan with auburn markings
  • Height: 6’ 4"quot
  • Weight: 225 lbs
  • Build: Tall, dad bod
  • Currently: Napping
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
I haven't played in quite a while either, though I've had several games in the series. Voldo can be very difficult to defeat when played well, or at a high difficulty level. Like you said, you never know where the next attack is coming from. I found that the secret to winning with Siegfried is judging distance. He's slow but he's got reach. When I'm in practice, I'm good at timing my attacks so I hit at the outer limits of my range, before my opponent gets close enough to hit back.
Tsaenoa (sounds like "sigh Noah")   Daome (sounds like "dow may")

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 02:27:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum Aera! I hope you are doing well, the forum is a very fun place to hang out and meet new friends! I hope you stay for a while *gives tiramisu*.
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 05:45:30 AM »
Welcome aboard, AeraBunny!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.