The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open  (Read 6297 times)

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
Re: Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2019, 03:45:28 AM »
Name: Icy Destination

Scenario:
Ten thousand years ago, an ice age swept the earth.  Glaciers expanded over the land, sucking in water from the oceans and digging gouges into the earth.  Thousands of species died out, many the largest to walk after the dinosaurs.  Why it came about is debated, but all agree that it was a bleak chapter in earth's history.
Settled in this icy land are the cities of animal-like peoples, carving out a life with steam powered tech and perseverance.  Sky Runners move all the supplies the great cities need, drag criminals and citizens to where they need to go, and explore outward to find new places to live.
For the newest crew, they’ll be tasked with moving a criminal across land and sea, and with looking for a new energy source to keep the failing industries chugging along.  And yet, in this world of possibilities just beyond the horizon, not all is as it seems.

Setting:
Steampunk apocalypse
Minimal fire arms
Eventually, the setting will localize to a single airship and will move together.  Before that, it will take place in one city, Ruinse City.
Bias between species is alright, but don't go too ham on it.
Try to get everyone in the same group, guys.  If you want a bad character, you must make a good one first.  The opposite does not apply.
Magic is MINIMUM.  Elemental powers must be kept within the range of, say, avatar.  No blood bending, no powers over death, no healing powers, no jumping the shark.  Give a description of all powers, and work with the GMs on it.

Rules:
1. No Godmoding or powerplaying.  Basic courtesy stuff.
2. OOC AND IC ARE NOT TO INTERSECT.  This means that, if something is revealed in OOC chat or on the OOC thread, you do not, for any reason, have your character immediately know about it.  Case in point: A player reveals a character's backstory, linking them directly to the big bad.  This has been hinted at IC, but the big reveal has yet to happen, and the character has told no one.  Upon learning this as a player, your character CAN NOT act on this knowledge.  This is a form of God-moding that puts a character as omniscient and often ruins what the other players want to do, dragging the spotlight back to the omniscient character and off the other players.  If I or the other appointed mods see this, you will get one warning, then booted.
3. Do not drag more people into a roleplay or OOC simply to prove a point.  If you can't prove it yourself, you should concede or leave.  That's not to say you can't ask others already in the roleplay, just don't try to use people who are not actively participating to join you side.
4. Use your learnings, people.  Proper English, in story format, is required at all times.  No stars, no chat speak, no leet speak, no exceptions.  You have spell check, you have time.
5. Do not be afraid to ask questions support each other.  We are as much Roleplayers as we are people.  Let's make this enjoyable for everyone, and do what we can to make this a good one.
6. We won’t have a posting list, but we will have a few general guides to posting.  Try to get at least a short paragraph into each post – three to four sentences – so that things move smoothly.  If you find yourself in a longer conversation with another person’s character, please don’t post individual lines.  Move to a chat log for the convo, and then edit it into a proper post.  If it runs long, break it into a few posts and post back and forth.  Note it’s both of you and it’ll feel a lot less frustrating, and save space.
I also want to make sure we don’t go too far ahead.  Try to post every page or so, and if you can’t, just give us notice and have someone in charge of moving your character with the group.
7. Feel free to make bad people for characters, but I will have a big bad for this.

Character Bio:
1. Name
2. Age
3. Gender/Pronouns you prefer
4. Species
5. Height and Weight
6. Occupation (Not everyone should be a single occupation!  Assassins are alright, but don't overdo it.)
7. Starting location
8. Magic (If you have it.)
9. Skills
10. Faults (Every skill must have an equivalent fault.  No "Person with powers over death but clumsy".  Just, no.)
11. Description (Limit of two weapons.  Not weapon types, two weapons.)
12. Personality (You don't need to overdo this, but give us some idea what the character is like.  Preferably in full sentences.)

My main character:
1. Kikara Tuns
2. 23
3. Female/she, her, etc.
4. Tiger/Snow leopard mix.
5. 7’5”, 362lb
6. Airship pilot.  (Owns her own)  Worked somewhat off the books as an exotic material worker.
7. Airship Taneris
8. None
9. Airship piloting, hand to hand combat and midrange combat, hunting, gathering, basic repair
10. Intensive repair work, long range fighting, fishing, delicate work
11. Long white and black fur, brown eyes, well muscled build.  Prefers cargo pants or heavily pocketed loose pants, high boots, three quarter sleeve shirt, vest, and simple earrings.  Sometimes wears gloves, sometimes not.  Wears a long red coat out and about.  Carries a knife and crossbow.
12. Hard working, Kikara is always up for a new adventure.  She loves the open skies and making her own way, pushing her limits to the max.  She can be short sighted at times, though, and often forgets to look at the consequences of what she does.  She's caring for those around her, particularly children, but has been known to be overbearing around those closer to her age.  Called in to get ready for a new set of work, she's docked in Ruinse City, waiting for her instructions.
I'd just like you to know that your rule number 2 is called Metagaming and is very very frowned upon and considered a big no no in roleplaying...
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2019, 02:36:20 AM »
Oh, thank you!  I never had a name for it.  All I knew was that it absolutely killed a couple RPs I'd been in elsewhere.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Alessia Starfurr

• Vixen of the Stars
  • Unique Unicorn
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY...Rubber sword?
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Folf (Hybrid Fox Wolf)
  • Coloring: Dark Blue, Light Blue
  • Weight: WHA!?!?
  • Build: Slim,fit.
  • Currently: Still raiding open fridges and freezers.
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2019, 02:49:31 AM »
Well, there ya go.
Uhh..Lord I didn't train to be a pilot. Tell me I don't have any more flying to do today.........................  Amen. ~ 'Dutch' Halo3 ODST.

We all go through peroids of darkness. In such times we can turn to the Lord, but it's good to have friends ~  Joshua Graham , Fallout New Vegas, Honest Hearts.

When people are lost they turn to the man who  acts like he knows the way out,  when the truth is he knows less than them. ~ John McMillan Original War

"Never Interfere With an Enemy While He’s in the Process of Destroying Himself" -Unknown.

"I guess irony can be pretty ironic sometimes" ~William Shatter, Airplane II 

Credits: Alesssia pictures by JackThorn/Tomas13

Offline Sohdakin

• Avid Aardvark
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Dragon
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 03:56:31 PM »
Is this still open to new players?

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2019, 02:10:58 AM »
At this point, I'm thinking yes.  My posting is pretty slow, so I think a few lost interest, understandably.

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2019, 03:31:04 AM »
I'm still here, just my boi got nothing to do.

Offline Inb4Cloaker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Golpe De Estado.
    • Awards
  • Species: Urban Tabaxi
  • Coloring: He has white fur all around with the exception of his natural stripes, which are black. His eyes are light orange.
  • Height: 6'6
  • Weight: 157 Pounds
  • Build: Thin and tall, very dexterous and flexible. Not incredibly muscular but still in shape.
  • Currently: All alone in a combat zone.
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2019, 08:00:38 AM »
Still checking in!
  • Signature art by: N/A
“I’m gonna miss seventy-five percent of my shots one-hundred percent of the time.” -That guy with a ton of ammo.

Offline Rayleonarde

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
  • Chased by the fires of passion
    • Awards
  • Species: Raccoon
  • Coloring: Royal purple, save for two teardrop shaped gray patches on his chin, which runs to his collarbone, and the lower part of his abdomen.
  • Height: Varies
  • Weight: Varies
  • Build: Lanky
  • Currently: Pretty happy.
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2019, 08:43:19 AM »
I’m here.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2019, 09:26:00 PM »
 :D I'm so sorry I'm not great on posting.  You're all awesome.