The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open  (Read 6291 times)

Offline Wilco Whiteheart

• Boisterous Bear
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
  • Don't mess with me or YOU'LL be messed up
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf
  • Height: 11'7"
  • Weight: [SCANNER BROKEN]
  • Build: Solid and muscly
  • Currently: [RUNNING SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS...] STATUS: ONLINE | TARGET: RIOT
Re: Icy Destinations (Relaunch) OOC - Open
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2018, 11:28:07 PM »
Just a question, The forge is near the center of Ruinese, right? Otherwise It'll make my next post a bit more weird and harder to achieve.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • A whole world ahead of me to do stupid things.
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Tiger/raven mix
  • Coloring: Gold and black fur seguing into black feathers
  • Height: 5 foot.
  • Weight: 220 pounds of fur and feathers
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
  • Currently: I shall live again! (Maybe.)
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 06:25:42 AM »
Yeah.  ^-^  for the record, feel free to intro side characters to help slower parts move.  I'll be doing the same.
I have an angry teddy bear with a flamethrower and a bad temper.

He's not as cute as Lucifer said he'd be, but at least the chainsaw is hidden.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 07:46:25 PM »
Is this still open?

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Build: Strong, lean, and agile. Built more for hunting or long range battle than heavy weapons or close range.
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2018, 05:04:26 AM »
It is, I'm just a really slow poster.  I'm trying to settle into a new job and still applying for better ones.  I'm so sorry everyone.  XD

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »
Guess my new character will immediately have some use here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name: Mied Siche
Gender/Pronouns you prefer: Male, he
Species: Red Panda
Height: 158 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Magic: Passive restoration; he slightly restores non-destroyed mechanical parts to original state, beyond what's normally possible (de-oxydize, reduce wear from usage etc.). Items he keeps with him for extended periods of time seem to slowly fix themselves.
Skills: Great at repairing mechanical things, hard worker, precise, excellent climber. Higher Electic and shock resistance.
Faults: Bad with language and people, slow runner and walker. Snaps and shuts down under high stress. Lower Ice and freeze resistance.

Description: The fur has normal red panda colouring. The white marks on his face are smaller than on the average red panda, except for around the nose. At his work, Mied carries a red overall and brown worker gloves and shoes. Especially the gloves have traces of grease. Doesn't start with a weapon of his own besides equipment in his toolkit. When not in working outfit, he likes wearing thick autumn-coloured clothing. His fur is considerably thinner than usual, but the fur he has can absorb small currents of electricity and give it off to the air to be sent to the ground he's standing on (explaining his elemental strength and weakness).

Personality: Mied honestly cares the most about the work he's been busy with in the little shop his family helped to open. Despite this, he doesn't like keeping his shop open after closing time as he prefers sticking to scedules. Due to this he is also annoyed if others are late. He likes tranquility and light areas even when he's trying to sleep. He's not much for conversation, letting his actions speak for him more often than not. It's easy to win his trust and loyalty as a friend, though he never opens up entirely.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Inb4Cloaker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Golpe De Estado.
    • Awards
  • Species: Urban Tabaxi
  • Coloring: He has white fur all around with the exception of his natural stripes, which are black. His eyes are light orange.
  • Height: 6'6
  • Weight: 157 Pounds
  • Build: Thin and tall, very dexterous and flexible. Not incredibly muscular but still in shape.
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: All alone in a combat zone.
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 02:32:07 AM »
Hey, a lil’ late to the party but would like to join, still open¿
  • Signature art by: N/A
“I’m gonna miss seventy-five percent of my shots one-hundred percent of the time.” -That guy with a ton of ammo.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 06:02:47 PM »
It should be.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2018, 02:45:01 AM »
I like the character, Michen.  :) I am curious.  How much does his magic do?  Doe it focus on surface or hidden things only, or would it do more obvious things?  (Realigning a watch's gears vs recreating a gear to make it work.)

We're still open, Inb.  :)

Offline Inb4Cloaker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Golpe De Estado.
    • Awards
  • Coloring: He has white fur all around with the exception of his natural stripes, which are black. His eyes are light orange.
  • Build: Thin and tall, very dexterous and flexible. Not incredibly muscular but still in shape.
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2018, 02:11:23 PM »
Name: Victor Camillo
Species: Urban Tabaxi
Height: 6’2
Weight: 149 Pounds
Magic: None
Skills: Demonstrates excellent prowess in melee combat, maneuvering tactics, and detainment procedures. He is also skilled in Social Intellegence and acquisition of knowledge; one way or another.
Faults: Often demonstrates an impulsive manner, tends to value fighting over diplomacy, and naturally appears as a shady character. The Tabaxi is also notorious for sticking out in large groups, which often contradicts everything he is trying to accomplish at times.

Description: Victor has short, white fur all around with the exception of black stripes along his face and tail. His nose is black and his eye color is dark brown. The tabaxi is typically wearing a grey button up shirt with the sleeves rolled and basic grey pants. Along with black boots, Victor is often wearing a dark grey, unmarked military style beret on his head. When anticipating combat, or just going prepared, he will often be wearing a black, padded vest over the top of his shirt. The vest has two pouches on each side, both typically holding a black powder charge of sorts. His weapon of choice is a long and tempered machete. It appears as though it has see quite some use.

Personality: With what appears to be little care for his own personal safety, Victor tends to value currency and the acquisition of physical items over many things in life. The Tabaxi thrives in chaotic environments, and may create one if left unchecked by his peers for too long. He thoroughly enjoys the adrenaline rush of combat, as well as meeting and speaking to new people. Unfortunately, Victor is notorious for bending the rules when he deems it suits him best. Despite this, he works well with a team and can care deeply about those whom he finds himself working with. His method of communication is often sarcastic and quick. These quirks, along with his attire, allude to the fact that he may have at one point been a member of a well armed and trained organization.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:14:12 PM by Inb4Cloaker »
“I’m gonna miss seventy-five percent of my shots one-hundred percent of the time.” -That guy with a ton of ammo.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2018, 07:10:28 PM »
The magic ability focuses on both the mechanic in general and it's components - gears, springs etc. Gears that have only sprung loose seem to reposition themselves if he carries the watch with him for longer periods of time. However, he can't create new gears: if there's a gear missing in a watch he'd still need a new gear to repair it fully. Gears broken in four quarter pieces also can't be repaired, requiring a replacement gear. Gears missing only small pieces can easily be fixed. Gears seem to fix themselves faster if the gear itself is being interacted with during maintenance (like being cleaned/moved etc). The ability can't prevent any wear, rust or damage, only removes it once the gears get it. The total amount of material within a mechanic where the gears are made of always remain the same no matter how much is repaired, using material from either other gears, itself, part of a gear that fell off or rests caused by wear/damage.

Repairs done in this way require spiritual energy, meaning that there is a limit to how much this ability can be used. Not getting enough sleep also affects this ability similarly as it affects his ability to climb or play a game of chess. Gears from big objects that can't be carried around of course benefit less from the ability: it's only when Mied is doing maintenance on them. Gears that can't be carried around is even worse: the ability affect the gear in the area he is maintaining at that moment rather than the whole gear. The ability also costs more energy the bigger the big gear he's maintaining is in volume.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 11:21:54 PM »
Inb: I like the character.  He'll provide plenty of contrast for the others, and if you're interested, I may have an idea for jumping him right in.

Michen: I really love the thought put into the abilities your character has. 

You're both in, if you're still interested.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »
Due to my attempt to join 41 posts in, the story has progressed to a point where it would make sense to wait a bit before my character makes an appearance. I'll wait until the ship approaches the first stop.

Offline Aldrea945

• Jovial Jaguar
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 05:10:27 AM »
It really is up to you.  :) I'm flexible, if you'd like to join earlier.  Creya would be a good place to pick the character up, since she'll be our mission giver.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »
Well, I would still have a little while to jump in, if that's the case. i'll look into that.

Offline Inb4Cloaker

• Avid Aardvark
  • Golpe De Estado.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 04:00:27 PM »
Sorry for the wait, had notification problems.

Yeah, that sounds good, I’d like to join in wherever it’s suitable. What do you have in mind?