The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Well met, fellow furriends!  (Read 710 times)

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Blonde, brown and white
  • Height: 165 centimetres
  • Weight: 55 kilograms
  • Build: Slim, lightly fit
  • Currently: Meeting new friends on da forums!
Well met, fellow furriends!
« on: May 27, 2018, 12:25:48 PM »
I'm glad I stumbled upon this friendly place. Sniffed around for a bit, everyone seems to be super communicative and friendly (unlike some non-furry forums...)! 

I'm a little nervous right now, I've never been good at introducing myself, very shy and anxious kid in real life, it's always been painful doing this type of thing. But hopefully, time will make me comfortable with this place, as it should!

I'm mainly interested in video games (Sandbox, Grand strategy, FPS and the like), hiking, watching anime (although I find myself more irritated by it's overused cliches than enjoying it, but it's still a love of mine) and procrastinating by watching YouTube videos instead of doing more productive things  :'( . And hiking. Don't forget that.

Well, as for talents, I don't have any. Can't draw, act, sing and dance. Absolutely clueless about any competitive sport and completely disoriented, I often find myself with my head stuck in the clouds, you know what I mean? Heck, I even got hit by a car last year due to this with no injuries whatsoever  XD

As for positive traits, I'd say that I'm quite considerate of other people's feelings (like a lot of us), am a pacifist and... yeah, that's about it.

Found out about the fandom three years back, only now have I decided to join. I like rabbits, foxes, wolves, cats and most of all dogs (I have two, one is young and dumb and the other is insane). Admit it y'all, my profile pic is the definition of cute!

Yeah, this has been real stressful for me even though it's supposed to be a stress reliever, and it doesn't help that my baby brother is urging me to come watch him play video games, yay!

Nice to meet you! I'll catch you all later, send me a PM or ask me anything you wish (unless that "anything" is really personal, or should I say, pawsonal haha)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: Well met, fellow furriends!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 12:43:55 PM »
Nice to meet you Strategos! That's a nice name and it goes well with your grand strategy games. Strategy is actually a pretty useful skill to have if you seek to attend a university and focus on management as strategic management is very important to the survival of many large businesses.

I hope to see you posting soon! *Gives tiramisu*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »
Nice to meet you Strategos! That's a nice name and it goes well with your grand strategy games. Strategy is actually a pretty useful skill to have if you seek to attend a university and focus on management as strategic management is very important to the survival of many large businesses.

I hope to see you posting soon! *Gives tiramisu*

Haha, I'm not by any means great at those games. For example, in Stellaris, the AI always gets more powerful than me by a long shot and in Hearts of Iron I could never gather an army big enough to conquer Europe and defend against the Allies while playing as Germany, and when I did, it wasn't operative and diverse enough. I only play Grand strategies made by Paradox, even if they aren't the best or the most detailed, they do have a ton of problems with how they are presented though. Not an expert at any of those games, but it's fun. I like to roleplay a lot when I play video games, I get invested in the story, characters and the world the game tries to present. I'm unable to enjoy abusing the game mechanics to "win" the game. I like a fair challenge, not torture but also not winning so easily that it isn't even fun.

At the moment though, I'm replaying some of my favourite childhood games like GTA San Andreas and Vice City, needless to say, I'm a fan of the series. I'm surprised how well those games were made. Sure, they have their issues, but back when I was a kid, I couldn't understand what any of the characters were saying and it's really interesting to catch all the references and jokes about American society and history in those games.

What about you? What games do you play?

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 06:56:57 PM »
Hello Strategos, welcome to TFF! I'm glad to see you're enjoying the place so far, you look like a fun guy to be around with so it'd be great to see you around more often! (by the way this was a very nice introduction)

Do you happen to have a discord account? Because we have our own server that you can find on the homepage, it's ideal if you would like to talk with others with a faster system.

If you have any questions or doubts don't hesitate to message me either here or on discord, I'm always available to help and it'd be lovely to meet you! See you around and have fun!

Thank you for the compliments, friend! I'm rather busy at the moment so I'll make sure to install discord and hang out with you people later. See you! Nice meeting you!

Offline HellEye

• The Elementalist
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 8 years Obtainable by request This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Fox go boop
    • Awards
  • Species: Red fox
  • Coloring: Red and white, normal red fox coloring
  • Height: 5'8" Anthro / 1'4" Feral
  • Weight: 150lbs Anthro / 20lbs Feral
  • Build: Average, fluffy
  • Currently: *Happy fox*
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 11:46:01 PM »
Eee cute bunny avatar!
Welcome to the forum! Nice introduction you've got there, I like you already.
I'm sure you've got some hidden talents in there somewhere. You could be good at... Video games? Feeding birds? The possibilities are endless. Being friendly is a talent too, not enough people have that nowadays.
Well, make yourself at home. I hope we have a chance to chat later down the line, preferably when I'm not crazy busy with uni.
If you have any questions or just want to chat feel free to message, I don't bite (that often) :3
See you around!
Everyone seems to have it, so here's mine

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 11:59:53 PM »
@Strategos

I play a mix of games such as platformer, adventure, FPS, strategy, point and click, etc. For strategy games, I haven't played anything new in a long time that appeases me, I really enjoyed Command and Conquer games (Up until Generals).
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 02:13:13 AM »
Welcome aboard, Strategos!

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 08:11:04 PM »
Welcome to our little forum, bun-bun! And now we reached the part where I eat you.

Or at least we would reach that, but the rules say we can't, which is quite a bummer.

Don't get used to it, you just got lucky now. One day, I will have my revenge! I hope at least.

Offline Strategos

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »
Welcome to our little forum, bun-bun! And now we reached the part where I eat you.

Or at least we would reach that, but
the rules say we can't, which is quite a bummer.

Don't get used to it, you just got lucky now. One day, I will have my revenge! I hope at least.

Whew! Thank the Furry gods for da sacred forum rules! I'll pray to  'em three, no, five times a day! For thou hath saved me from the predators that lurk in every corner!

*shivers and starts crying*

Never am I leaving my hole again! The world above the hole is a scary place  :'(

I'm scawed... Look, you can have my butt but don't eat my ears, pliz! Without these smexy ears, there is no STRATEGOS!

Offline Michen_S

• Melodious Mouse
  • awards This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has reported a valid and verified forum bug This user has been a forum member for over 8 years
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
    • Steam
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Feral snow leopard
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 08:36:47 PM »
I have too many questions to consider eating you ever again now...

Offline KeahiNimbusLeHyena

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 5 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.)
  • AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok
    • Awards
  • Species: Hyena again :D
  • Coloring: Silvery fur, black muzzle and paws, mane is firey (ashy when put out). Orange nose and pawbeans.
  • Currently: Amphithere. :D
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 07:34:50 PM »
AaaaaaAAAAAaa I'm late. But welcome to TFF! Hope to see ya in forum games and fun rp section!
If I recall properly.. a group of bunnies is.. a Fluffle.